Vinnie and the ESP

Talk about Vinnie's equipment
Genebaby
Site Admin

Vinnie and the ESP

Post by Genebaby »

Did we ever find out what the story was with this guitar? It blew my mind that it was non known about until a few years ago.

Commander in chief - VVF Army
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

I'm very interested in the story about this guitar and I hoped Vinnie would some day tell us the about it. I think that there was only one of them and I hope that Vinnie still has it.

I believe that these are Drew's Pictures so he can probably provide us with the most information on this topic.

Drew has MANY unique Vinnie pictures in his collection that he has generously shared in the past. I never felt compelled to save any of them because I ignorantly believed or hoped the previous boards were never going to close and were posted for everyones enjoyment and archived there. Unfortunately everything comes to an end.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I didn't save much either, but I am posting stuff as I'm finding it.
mp5999

Post by mp5999 »

Sorry but I like the look of the Jackson VV way better then this ESP body (and the headstock doesnt do much for me either). Interesting though none the less!

Dont you guys find it amazing how hard is is to get ANY info on some of this VV stuff ? Surely Vinnie has people he has to deal with occasionally in his daily life . Wouldnt they have enough curiosity to get on sites like this and at least give us a little info? I always wander about that. Neighbors, relatives, work aquaintances of some sort??? They could do it fairly anonymously so he wouldnt know for sure it was them. Yet we get and have gotten pretty much NOTHING from anybody.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

MP,
The Pear Multicolored prototype is my favorite Vinnie Guitar so far. My curiosity in this one is more it's uniqueness. Have you ever seen this shape before or since?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

That whole guitar is pretty unique, I think, though I'm not an ESP expert all all. The shape may have been recycled for another guitar/artist. ESP have made some questionable designs over the years.

I am knowledgeable only on Charvels and Jacksons.

The thing that makes this guitar interesting is Vinnie and his association with it and what happened to it? Did he ever use it? Who took these pictures, what was going on back then?

I wish we knew.
mp5999

Post by mp5999 »

yes slayer, I also love the Pear, but I classify that as the Jackson VV style body (just a little more lethal). No I have never ever besides these pics that have circulated seen the ESP or much of anything like it. I have several ESP's in my collection though and they are very nice. Their custom shop stuff is as nice as my Jackson custom shop stuff.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

I just noticed that Vic cropped the toilet picture! LOL!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Actually, you're right, it was a while ago. Those are all cropped to show the subject better, rather than the extra stuff. I'll post up the originals soon.
Batman

Post by Batman »

Only a matter of time before that ESP gang decides to have an ESP Forum Invasion reunion :evil:
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Heaven help them if they run into our buddy Quentin Aaron! They will turn up on You Tube wearing pink ballerina tutu's bend over a public toilet with their mouth's open to a dozen sausages like an ESP Bukkake Feast LOL! Oh and of course Vinnie's song "Extascy" or Paul Stanley's "Hold Me Touch Me" will be the background music!

Never piss off our pal the very computer savvy and artistically inclined "QA"

LMFAO!
VVV

Post by VVV »

:arrow:
Last edited by VVV on Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Drew,
I understand bro! Thank you for sharing what you have of your collections over the years as I for one have really enjoyed them. What a life you have had man! You could or maybe should write a book about all the guitar greats that you have either met or know. Beyond Vinnie you have incredible pictures with the likes of George Lynch and Michael Batio just to name a few.

Thank you for being a great contributor over the years and sharing your wealth of knowledge and most importantly your experiences that most would never have the opportunity to do!

Respectfully

Kev
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Never mind the ESP fanboys, they are not worth thinking about.

It's good these pics saw the light of day, we're lucky to have them. It's a time period we never knew about before.
Batman

Post by Batman »

where is QA anyhow?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

QA is taking a break from all this craziness. He may return once everything dies down, which it seems to be for the most part.
VVV

Post by VVV »

:arrow:
Last edited by VVV on Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

What I take from these photographs is Vinnie's sense of HUMOR. The toilet shot is PRICELESS!! I'm thinking he was letting us know what he thought of the E.S.P. guitar . :lol: :lol:

----PB71-------
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Sandimas

Post by Sandimas »

It's an unusual and interesting guitar, and Vinnie demonstrates that it can be played in a wide range of locations , but it's damn ugly in my opinion!
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

poserboy71 wrote:What I take from these photographs is Vinnie's sense of HUMOR. The toilet shot is PRICELESS!! I'm thinking he was letting us know what he thought of the E.S.P. guitar . :lol: :lol:

----PB71-------
Never thought of it that way! Good point PB!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
doublev

Post by doublev »

I made a guess that the esp may even go back to the kiss era. Maybe they were trying to get him on board as a kiss guitarist. If not I would say its from 84 or 85. No one knows really.
For sure v has a great sense of humor. He really is a unique person. I think he has a story that beets everyone's. If you like him or not he is a legend and the best guitar player of at least the 80s.
poserboy71

Re: Vinnie and the ESP

Post by poserboy71 »

Funny, I wouldn't pay for the original what Vinnie is asking for his reproductions.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS