How many gold Jacksons...

Talk about Vinnie's equipment
Sandimas

How many gold Jacksons...

Post by Sandimas »

Here's the proof Vinnie had the pink and red Jackson Rhoads guitars at the same time. There's a little dubbed in clip during the solo section, you can clearly see Vinnie is wailing rather than playing the "spanish" solo part. And since we also reckon that pink guitar was a gold one resprayed, as you can see on some other pics the gold coming through worn sections, there must have been two gold axes originally.

Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

That's very interesting. I wonder why they dubbed that video part in but it shows the two guitars at the same show.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
TJMonster

Post by TJMonster »

My buddy Jeff has a first year production San Dumas gold rhoads. Almost mint.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

TJMonster wrote:My buddy Jeff has a first year production San Dumas gold rhoads. Almost mint.
Was 1984 the first year of full production on the Rhoads model?
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

83 they started production.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Genebaby wrote:83 they started production.
Wow, they didn't even let Randy's grave settle yet. (lol ) I believe my Rhoads V is a 1984. Mine is a great guitar that has seen better days. When I acquired it ,the guitar looked like the black Rhoads that Chris Holmes played in W.A.S.P.. I should have just kept the instrument AS IS but i figured that this should be my Vinnie guitar that I will eventually (after some work on the binding) paint florescent HOT pink. ONE DAY ...

Poserboy71

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Have you modified it yet?....post a pic in the Our Gear section. If you haven't modded it yet, leave it and find another, newer model to change to a Vinnie inspired one, it will be worth a lot more regardless of condition if left as it was.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Genebaby wrote:Have you modified it yet?....post a pic in the Our Gear section. If you haven't modded it yet, leave it and find another, newer model to change to a Vinnie inspired one, it will be worth a lot more regardless of condition if left as it was.
To a Jackson purist it is sacrilegious but I'm not a Jackson purist .:lol: I removed what was left of the black paint years ago. The previous owner beat the guitar to hell so I don't feel bad painting it. It has a GOLD Kahler on it. I have to machine a new pick guard for it. The Jackson logo BARELY existed on the headstock when I snagged it from my buddy. I've debated whether I should paint it GOLD or HOT PINK for a while now. I'm leaning towards HOT PINK because I found a really obnoxious florescent pink at the store.

---Poserboy71--- :shock: :shock:

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

What's done is done. Too bad the guitar came to you in such condition, but they were made to be played!!
poserboy71

Re: How many gold Jacksons...

Post by poserboy71 »

It still sits in the corner... staring at me ...

NEWBEGINNINGS