Vinnie Ibanez ad

Talk about Vinnie's equipment
BlackMirror

Vinnie Ibanez ad

Post by BlackMirror »

Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about an Ibanez digital distortion ad Vinnie was in around the time of ASG?
shramiac

Re: Vinnie Ibanez ad

Post by shramiac »

Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
BlackMirror

Post by BlackMirror »

Wow, thanks for the quick response. Do you really think that he used these pedals on ASG? Its ironic that there was "no outboard gear" on the first but digital pedals on the second.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Hard to tell. To be honest I feel he may have not used all he advertised.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

He did another ibanez ad where they mixed his name up with tracii guns. I think wah pedal
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Stupid me.. this is the one
Bye Bye
BlackMirror

Post by BlackMirror »

Im guessing that he may have actually used them since he was being specific with his settings in the ad, its also possible that he was just referring to his settings with another delay and just grabbing the cash from Ibanez. I also think that Strum may have been the AC/DC influence since he seemed to be the mega fan. They played the Back in Black album before their set in 88 when I saw them, I also have pictures from that gig I should post.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Yes please! Post the pics! Start scanning pronto. :D
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Billy

Post by Billy »

What about the Ibanez VV? That was prety cool!
Hello Rainbow Eyes.........Im Back! \m/
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

We have a topic on the ibanez. It was made by a ghoast builder in california. Heard it wasnt vinnies favourite.
Bye Bye
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Billy wrote:What about the Ibanez VV? That was prety cool!
Only cool enough for sliding Freddy Krueger's razor glove down the neck and posing in a Seymour Duncan ad apparently!!! John Carruthers who built it would be less than impressed on the lack of use I'd hazard a guess? Though I suppose Ibanez paid him for the work, so that's as much as he'd need for satisfaction? Suspect he'd be a little disappointed though as luthiers are artists too!

But since he doesn't seem to reply to emails, we'll never know? Unless Tim or Kev can hold him down for an interview???? :wink: :wink: :wink:
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Shram I didnt see a seymour duncan ad with ibanez . I did see the dean markley amp ad though.
Bye Bye
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

D'oh! Markley I meant!