vv list of recording gear

Talk about Vinnie's equipment
doublev2

vv list of recording gear

Post by doublev2 »

Jackson guitars w/ Seymour Duncan, DiMarzio, and Barcus Berry pups. Washburn 6/12 string acoustics. Laney, Marshall, and Randall amps w/ Celestions. Amp modifications performed by Chuck Onkst. Eventide and Vesta-Fire signal processors. Jim Dunlop picks, Ernie Ball strings, Lifeline cords.
Bye Bye
metatron

Re: vv list of recording gear

Post by metatron »

Vesta-Fire signal processors? I don't know if he really used them. They weren't that good a product. Maybe he just advertised them.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I never saw him with di marzio or barcus berry puck ups unless on non vv model guitars. No mention of emg at all in asg days. He referred them as umg's recently so maybe something happened between emg and vv.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I would like quentins take on chuck onkst. Anyone care to ask him.. :D
Bye Bye
metatron

Post by metatron »

pass :D
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Let sleeping dogs ...
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

I asked Q. He hadn't heard of Chuck but wondered if he worked at Amp Crazy/Jabco back in the day?
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Cool. I hold no grudge .. not worth it. I see people different at different times. Q and I may have had a stupid run in but I woukd rather clear the air. But maybe not possible. Who knows.
Bye Bye
metatron

Post by metatron »

Don't loose sleep over it Dino. Q got his demons, he & only he has the power to deal with them. In the mean time from my point of view, FUCK HIM! Time to grow the fuck up.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Would be cool to clear air though.
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

doublev2 wrote:Would be cool to clear air though.
It would be BUT...
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Raa

Post by Raa »

Hi........Guess who :). To start. Hi Dino :). To answer, before Shram asked I'd not heard of this guy. The term "mod" can mean a lot of things. Not always to add more gain. If V had amps modded it was probably the Carvins. If you listen to Asg you can hear, a modded 2203 Marshall, and stock Carvin. Then when you listen to Euphoria, which we know he used a Carvin on, the tone is more Marshally. I knew V had a Jose Arrendondo modded 2203, and 2 other stock marshalls. One may have had a simple mod he used during Kiss.

And to clear the air. I'm NOT here to start any shit but I'm NOT affraid to say what I think. But that old drama was started by you Dino, and was complete fucking bullshit. I didn't do anything to anyone, and when shit hit the fan, I left the entire fucked up scene. Then months later I get calls "oh hear your working for Vinnie." What to air out? People fucked with me first. Had that bs not ensued, I'd never had a prob with anyone. I don't have a problem with anyone now. My problem is this in the past. I am entitled to my personal life, and in the past people got pissed off cause I booted them off facebook. I mean for fuck sake people, over facebook. In any case any bullshit was never started by me but other people. And fuck yeah I was mad!!!!!!! Who wouldn't be, and if we need to talk about the past, I was a VERY VERY nice fucking guy about not getting legal about shit. Which I could have. So now that aired out enough. Or do I need to go on? And after that I tried to be cool with some people man, it didn't work. Dino I called you a good friend at one time, but dude you threw me under a fucking bus, that what the problem "was." It's been 3 years now, and yeah when people come asking me about VV........ almost 99% of the time drama followed right behind.

Well I'm here talking to you now, what is there to air out dude? I'm here today to say, Hey I'm over it, but don't ever do that shit again. And because of people in my life experience I don't trust people, I learned the hard way people will fucking throw your ass under a train, they can be friends family. And the thing about me that makes me different is that I don't feel what I did was great enough to hold any "star" studded merits. For me that experience there is a cut off, I tend to remember the stuff before the bullshit in 2010. Not after. I have to see the positive cause otherwise I'd be like people who dwell on stuff for life. And that said I've never trusted people again, and probably won't. Dino other than that, I have no prob at all with you. You apologized a long time ago, and I'm not here to focus on that. But in terms of clearing the air. Consider this clearing it. You ever want to talk again though I'm game.

Peace!
"People once believed that when someone dies a Crow carries their Soul to the Land of the Dead. But sometimes something so bad happens a terrible sadness is carried with it, and the Soul can't rest...... then Sometimes........ The Crow......... could bring the Soul BACK to put the wrong things right."
Raa

Post by Raa »

On the subject of recording gear. Something worth Mentioning is Cherokee studio, the console he used was a clone of a Trident A range console which like 15 maybe existed. Used to record Queen, and Brian Mays sound, and used for monitoring on early Metallica records. Trident A's many proclaim are some of the best mic preamps ever made. Which is subjective but the tracks recorded on that console at Cherokee kick ass. Kiss I believe used a Neve 1073 board for Lick it Up. And to my knowledge Euphora, correct me if I'm wrong, was the same console from Cherokee. V seemed to have had quite a few probs with one particular marshall amp. This chuck guy could have maintained, and repaired it. Most people would go to JOse when the amps he worked on failed. But in his defense, back then people were so desperate to get the Evh sound, they buy shitty old marshalls needing repair work, so Jose would sometimes mod amps that were already p/o/s. A theory is V got someone else to maintain, and repair the amps. J Sykes used a Jose marshall, that died during the 87 recordings, he would have noone but Jose fix it. He had this studio mod as well which was the common mod. he ended getting a Marshall from Steve Vai, used on the Dlr album, and thats the marshall you hear on "Here I go Again." Saw a pic a while ago that showed V's amps on stage. There were 3 marshalls, 1 marshall 4 x12, and several Carvin cabs. My guess is this pic was taken early during the Asg tour. Afterwards fans claimed to have seen V using combo amps behind the stacks. I do believe it too, I believe he had an amp that was always dying, or needing repair. I've never seen this pic again, but the marshall the 2 older ones I can't remember what the Panels looked like, but one was a 2203. Jose Arredondo was the go to amp guy in the 80's. Everyone wanted the brownsound, there are all kinds of Jose mods, from minor tweaks, to variations of mods. His most common was called a Studio mod. Like I say more times with Jose mods he didn't different things, but safe to say the amp had an extra gain stage, and fl loop. If you hear a jose modded Marshall after you hear enough of them the character of those amps is instantly recognizable. I think V used quite a bit of Laney stuff til the early Asg tour before going with Carvins, The pics taken which the Euphoria cover is from, there was a pic that showed Laney cabs if I do remember.
"People once believed that when someone dies a Crow carries their Soul to the Land of the Dead. But sometimes something so bad happens a terrible sadness is carried with it, and the Soul can't rest...... then Sometimes........ The Crow......... could bring the Soul BACK to put the wrong things right."
Raa

Post by Raa »

At danni fuck you! I don't have demons you assume to fucking much! You do NOT know me. And you want to talk about some stupid shit, I almost gave you that drawing you wanted for free. YOu sent a rude msg, before I could get finished typing. And I'm a grown damn man! Don't put out some kind of image of me like I got demon cause you dont know me in person. You seem to take it way personal that I wouldn't add you to facebook was what your problem was. So What, and I've ever said a bad thing about your ass. So in other words someone has "demons" cause they don't want to deal with someone elses fans. So now you wanna have some personal prob its YOUR own damn fault. Dude had you chilled out, I would have sent you that fuckin art, and everyone would have been happy. But no. Secondly you mother fucker I have never done a thing to you, so fuck off!
Raa

Post by Raa »

and at your remark......" time to grow up> I made enough to buy a fucking house and pay cash for it in Vegas, I spend my time making honest money. Your the one who needs to grow up. Otherwise again you assume way to much. I don't sit around and think: wow that danni guy...... and make assumptions about you, I don't go around putting out images of you on the internet either.
Raa

Post by Raa »

and also :) I do more cool shit than the people who hate on me. I work with Frank Levi, one of the greatest amp wizards of all time. Known for the his amps featured on Ratt's albums Appetite for Destruction. And I started a new amp company the past few months. Unlike the rest of the amp companys I'm offering a 2 year warranty cause I have the fucking balls to stand behind my products. I'm VERY grown up! And the thing is in real life Im actually a nice chill dude. So let it be publicly known that this "quentin has demons" is speculation based upon people who DO NOT know me in person, and have only met me through the internet. Fuck this shit! I come here to be nice, and catch up on stuff, and the first thing I find on this mother fucker is a thread that says fuck you to me.

Here is the story with Danni, VV land. Let me begin by saying this. NOW that I have Dino here to back it up, as well as member who are my real life friends. I do NOT add Vinnies fans to my fb, its not because to be an asshole, its because im NOT a public figure. my "family, and friends I have grown up with "all my life' are on there. There are NOT a lot of people I don't know. I don't add 10000000's of people like others do. The people on my fb are people I met from Dinos forum before Vinnie got it, this includes Rock Mom, Shram, Freddie, Kev, wolfie, and Vic. With exception of Vic ALL the Members are from the old Forum. I have a right to add who the hell I want.

Long story short, I booted many people of my fb, last time I booted people if they were not a close friend or my family they got deleted. Not because they did anything wrong because I made the choice not be around a bunch of strangers, and have strangers in my personal life. Strangers meanin "people you don't know." Not talking of VV fans. Danni kept sending me friend request, and the last time he sent me one I asked him what he wanted. He said he wanted to give me money for using my art on a Tj monster guitar. At first I was like no because that art is VV's image not mine. There is such thing as Copyright Laws in america, and if you put a image of someone on a product and sell it, and the artist makes no money, sometimes this can be illegal, it doesnt matter how innocent it is, doesn't matter its just fan art on a guitar. Prince has tried or has sued people for getting tatoos of his image. No fucking joke. Ok so Danni had never done anything personally to me, so I changed my mind, and since Danni was man enough to offer to pay me for it, I respected that fact, and proceed to send him a msg, saying he can have the art. Before i send my msg to him, I get a msg from him, saying something like ohhhhhh your not worth my time or some bullshit like that. In my first email to him I was not rude but stern about saying I do not want to add people I'm not close to on fb, so his response was to that. In short he sends me a rude email before I can give him the damn art he wanted. So after reading his rude msg I was like to hell with this guy, I tried to be cool and tried to start over with him, so I was like man fuck that shit, I told him to pay me for the art.... I mean since he wanted to be a jerk about it. Next day he sends the msg saying oh fuck you blah blah blah. So now he goes online to this forum telling the public I need to grow up, and fuck me. Fuck that shit. There is no winning for losing with some people, and he is one of them. Yeah I admit my first msg to him I had a defensive tone. But anytime anyone other than Shram talks to VV with me, drama happens every SINGLE fucking time!
Raa

Post by Raa »

Wow if working with cool amp builders, buying land in colorado to grow your own legal weed, living in Vegas full of hot women, having more than one income in a terrible american economy, and not having many worries in life is "demons" I never want to leave hell! :twisted: My life had up, and down in the past, but that been some time ago, stuff got better a long time ago, I may not be a millonaire. But at least Im not an boring ass man who sit online talking about people they don't know. :) I have creative life, and i thank GOD I have better things to do than worry about the stupid shit some people do.

LOL!!! :lol:

I came here this morning to catch up on the VV news, as I DONT hear anything, not to start any shit. I came here with peaceful intenions til I saw Danni comment up above. Way I see it, hes a fan of a musician I like, he's not a bad person, and I wouldn't do him like he does other people, and talk about people online. He is a jerk though :). But Danni he's a good guy I believe, I have respect for him as a person, but to hell with his mouth. I have never once talked about Danni at all, or anyone for that matter, people have got the script fucking twisted people make these problems with me. But you don't see me on a forum or the internet, I dont say shit like "danni has demons, fuck him." Thats immature as hell.

Peace!

god bless rock n roll, and the good people here, because there are some good people here.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Raa

Post by Raa »

LOL @ the toilet boys lol!

Look Danni you've pissed me off, and if you want to squash the bs, I can get over it on my end. I refuse to take back what I said above. And I make no apologies for it cause you earned those words. But I will squash this bs if you want, you or can go on about it til you die, and I promise your silly tiff isn't worth dwelling on. So you said fuck me, I said fuck you :). YOu want to call it even we can, othewise if you want to continue cussing each other out on the net. Go for it, otherwise I'm not worried about you in the least dude. Not at all, I'm 6"4 and 183 lbs, I am NOT worried about any doing a damn thing to me :).

But like I say: we can squash the bullshit right now, we've cussed each other, or you do what you want pal, I never did a fucking thing to you, and you have no reason to be a dick to me. YOu didn't have any reason before. I don't take shit from anyone, and your "anyone" today dude. Otherwise what are we going to do cuss each other out. Ok so if your so "grown up." Prove it! Squash your tiff. ;) Otherwise you can hold a grudge til your last day on earth brother. Peace
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Very happy quentin is back.
Bye Bye
Raa

Post by Raa »

HI dino :). Me and Dino are now going to be ok everyone :). Thank you for having me back, and welcoming me. I've listened to VV a little, these days I don't listen to a lot of music, but it's great to be in a place where people have amazing musical taste.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Good news. Thanks Q.

I think this maybe chuck onkst. Only two in usa.. the other seems more unlikely to be him .

http://m.whitepages.com/name/Charles-On ... da?redir=1
Bye Bye
Billy

Post by Billy »

I Wish Guitar World would do a "Rig Rundown" with all the gear Vin played throughout the years! :D \m/
Hello Rainbow Eyes.........Im Back! \m/
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Quentin, take a deep breathe please dude.

If you're sober, have a look at what you just did. There a six "back to back" posts from you, one after the other, with a tirade of shit all through them, with some thread info thrown in for good measure.

You're back, and that's cool, but let bygones be bygones. That is what everyone can do.

But please don't clog the VVFF up with a tirade of posts about your awesomeness, it gets very boring very quickly. Nobody wants to read about your land, the hot women, the cool people you hang with. Certainly not in a thread about recording gear.

Learn to chill. When it comes to posting, less can be more. :wink:

Thanks man.

Vic
Commander in chief - VVF Army