Carvin VVV specs

Talk about Vinnie's equipment
Trixxy

Carvin VVV specs

Post by Trixxy »

from what digging i have done, The Carvin VVV is a neck through guitar with a maple body and maple or mahogany fins, it has thicker body than the jackson V, gold hardware, NFT floyd, gold pickup rings, MOP block inlays, Carvin logo altered to say Vin, 1 min toggle switch, pickups are a hot SD PAF in the bridge, and a '59 PAF bridge in the neck, Ebony fretboard...shame, its probably under 3 feet of dust right now, or broken
shramiac

Re: Carvin VVV specs

Post by shramiac »

On the mark there Trixxy.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

One correction. Abalone block inlays.
If it was vv's choice of woods I would guess maple body and neck.. but I think carvin were using poplar for body at the time with maple necks. Do you know for sure the wood they used for the wings?
Bye Bye
Trixxy

Post by Trixxy »

it was supposed to be a vinnie signature so he probably picked the wood himself, as for the wings, its a guessing game, my best guess would be mahogany, its a softer wood than maple so it would be less of a pain to carve, but unfortunatly without either someone from carvin confirming the wood type, or somehow acquiring the actual guitar and testing the wood, its going to remain a mystery. on the brighter side tho, easy way to make the Ibanez VVV, get said DV body put a Xiphos neck on it, repaint it, put gold logo on it, and your done! (minus the inlays) just a nice fun fact
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

All I know is the specs requested for the guitarmageddon guitars as listed in catalog and I believe years ago tom confirmed vv wanted maple wings. From the fact in early 90s he requested maple wings I would guess at least one 90s vv was all maple.. but not sure about carvin.
Bye Bye
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

And it was most likely 25" scale too as that was Carvin's preferred scale. Still is I think.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I ment to say one 80s vv model at least was all maple .. not 90s.
I think the scale of the guitarmageddon white/gold was the same as carvin. I dont have the namm specs in front of me. I believe tom offered the jackson scale and carvin scale.
Bye Bye