Some info on jackson double Vs

Talk about Vinnie's equipment
saintandsinner

Some info on jackson double Vs

Post by saintandsinner »

Hey all,
got some info from on of the jackson board members on the jackson double vs,I was told that between 28 and 31 were ever made.Not sure if that includes vinnies as well and that when fender took over JC there were several VVVs bieng made at the custom shop that were destroyed due to fenders rule of not doing artists guitars without thier permission...DESTROYED....how crazy is that :shock:
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I wonder who ordered them and what they thought of their guitars being destroyed.

That doesn't make sense to me, normally when this sort of thing happens, the guitars already being built would be completed as the last ones ever. They would only not build new ones from that time on.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
doublev

Post by doublev »

i think those numbers are very wrong. I think a max of 5 were made in the 80s myself.
saintandsinner

Post by saintandsinner »

Im sure the numbers are close to correct.I believe sully used to work for or still works for jackson..
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Sully hasn't worked for Jackson, just been interested in the for a long time.

He's a great guy, but doesn't tolerate spam, lol. :D

All indications from over the years were there were around 30 made, give or take.
doublev

Post by doublev »

Sorry to be an asshole, but I don't believe those figures. Maybe the ones he is talking about were made in the late 90s and early 2000s. I still think 5 or 6 Max made in the 80s. I know in 2001 a bunch were made as I was going to get one then, but I still find it hard to believe that many. You could be correct but I just struggle to believe it.
VVV

Post by VVV »

I know of 5, 2 of which were not "custom" orders not including Vinnie's.

I would have to think that all of the VVV owners have stepped forward by now, either on the KISS, Jackson, or guitar/collector forums. It's hard to imagine an old lady showing up on episode of "Antiques Roadshow" holding a VVV and not knowing what it is.

With that being said, there is no documentation or photos to support anything over 5.
saintandsinner

Post by saintandsinner »

heres the quote from the jackson baord.Sully knows alot of guys at the custom shop and im sure he checked his facts before commenting.old post
Re: Vinnie Vincent Jackson inquiry
pretty sure that 28 were made, but i couldn't tell ya about the color combinations.

i also have news that you can order them from the custom shop.

sully
and another post
there were only 28 VVVs made, and as XENO said, they weren't a production model. not sure how many vinnie had himself, but he's told me that he's kept many of them.

i've also been told by many that jackson won't make them anymore, but i'm not sure if that still holds true.

and i've gotta agree with brett; kiss wants your money, and a lot of it. i realized fast that if i even considered keeping up with the stuff they put out in the stores, i'd be peniless. so i stopped caring unless they come up with something that's really cool.

sully
and from 2003 from MATTSMUSIC a guy I have ordered from several times.
"VVV's are definitely an item that can no longer be ordered. Word has it a couple of new ones were recently destroyed at the custom shop."
saintandsinner

Post by saintandsinner »

doublev wrote:Sorry to be an asshole, but I don't believe those figures. Maybe the ones he is talking about were made in the late 90s and early 2000s. I still think 5 or 6 Max made in the 80s. I know in 2001 a bunch were made as I was going to get one then, but I still find it hard to believe that many. You could be correct but I just struggle to believe it.
Im Quite sure that more than 5 were ever made and up until the fender takeover you could order them from the custom shop at anytime.The guys in the custom shop called them "offset Vs" and hated making them.knowing of 5 and there actually being 5 is a big difference.I haver personally seen more than 5 pictures of custom ordered VVs on forums and other places over the years.One guy one the jackson board doesnt even like vinnie but I believe he had 2 at one time.
doublev

Post by doublev »

i am saying that 23 is a lot to just disapear. That guy also said there were double necks made which is absoutley wrong unless someone was buried with them.

I think 3 or 4 were made in the 80s plus two for Vinnie.
Then all the others were later. I still stand by it , but I don't want to be an asshole so if you can show me some other guitars you have seen that may have been made in the 80s please post them.
teej

Post by teej »

doublev wrote:i am saying that 23 is a lot to just disapear. That guy also said there were double necks made which is absoutley wrong unless someone was buried with them.

I think 3 or 4 were made in the 80s plus two for Vinnie.
Then all the others were later. I still stand by it , but I don't want to be an asshole so if you can show me some other guitars you have seen that may have been made in the 80s please post them.
I agree .. I spent years researching them and found shit .. there are no more than 5 .. if there is some contrary evidence then great .. but I never found any
We will make monkies of these monkies

One time owner of the first ever Monster VVV, and one time owner of the Origional series Jackson VVV
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Start posting ALL of the pictures of EVERY VVV in the Vinnie's guitars section. Happy picture collecting ! :D
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

there is teej and drew. the purple one and the silver black. the magenta one ed roman sold i think to be fake. Also the cracked mirror one.Then I believe VV only had two. Not really sure of any else, maybe a couple are awl.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Red/silver

NEWBEGINNINGS
teej

Post by teej »

i was refering to non custom shop models .. that are just badged jackson .. pre 1990 .. there are no more than 5

One time owner of the first ever Monster VVV, and one time owner of the Origional series Jackson VVV
VVV

Post by VVV »

shramiac wrote::( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
The Fender board isn't the best place to look for info I guess, right shramiac? :lol:
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Every Jackson VVV is a custom shop guitar but I know what you mean Dino.

There are still people who either don't share their collections or aren't online.

I have not seen a trace of the red/silver one since it left Australia for the US.

I didn't even know it was here until it appeared on Ebay.

I would love it if Vinnie's behaviour resulted in VVV's being devalued but alas, they are still rare Jacksons so collectors want them regardless if they care about Vinnie.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Genebaby wrote:
I would love it if Vinnie's behaviour resulted in VVV's being devalued

The biggest thing Vinnie's behavior devalues is his fans appreciation of his talents. I am finding it increasingly difficult to enjoy his performances to the fullest extent lately knowing how he treats people.

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

to me the only real ones are from the 80s. the re-issue ones to me are surely very different in sound quality and playability to vv's, you would think the same guys who made VV's also made the ones in the 80s.
VVV

Post by VVV »

poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Well Drew, Mark must have commented on Vinnie?

NEWBEGINNINGS
VVV

Post by VVV »

Naw, we talk through his myspace and I talked to him in 2004. I have his phone number and I don't bother to call him. Nothing has changed and if he doesn't bring it up it's silly for me to ask I suppose. There are better things to talk about, like music, guitars, and the hot chicks that are always walking by us 8)
doublev

Post by doublev »

he said about a year ago he would love to make up with Vinnie. No chance on VV's end I assure you of that.
saintandsinner

Post by saintandsinner »

Im not saying that anyone here is wrong about the numbers but Im am sure vinnie had more than just 2 or 3 VVs.called the jackson custom shop today and was told they cannot be ordered unless vinnie gives the ok.I was told that there were more than 20 made but the guy did not know the actual number.I have mike shannons email address from when I needed info on my custom shop and I will email and see if he knows.all im saying is that the guys on the jackson board who have been around are Jackson nuts especially sully.he is the resident VV fan over there and would not comment without knowing for sure.There are millions of guitar players in this world who have collection we never see and dont give 2 shits about vinnie but may love the guitar.These are the ones I have seen so far
pink/silver-ed roman-maybe fake
snakeskin-teej-previously owned by brett from tx
pink/silver/vvv
red/silver-ebay
pink and white/vinnie
silver and red/vinnie
pink/silver/vinnie
silver/black/custom shop/valencia plate
purple/silver/private owner
and various others I have seen over the years.
saintandsinner

Post by saintandsinner »

forgot the cracked glass vv nad this one witht he dot inlays
saintandsinner

Post by saintandsinner »

that is 11 so far minus the pink and white from the first post with pink bevels and dot inlays so 10 so far
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

saintandsinner wrote:forgot the cracked glass vv nad this one witht he dot inlays

The bridge on this looks like the one that ended up in Cardiff, Wales. :? :? :?

NEWBEGINNINGS
teej

Post by teej »

the cracked glass is a custom shop and the last made .. the red silver is a custom shop as is the silvver black one and badged as so .. you will find if you look closely enuff . .Drew's, mine and Brians as are VV's .. they simply state Jackson and no custom shop logo ...

Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

That's a very standard 80's Jackson bridge. Thousands of them.

It is interesting to see him with one.

All his personal guitars had the original non fine tuning Floyd as we know.
teej

Post by teej »

notice the trem hanging off the back of the guitar .. jackson did this often with their custom shop models .. but no the origional ones ...

Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

This guitar was built in 1987.

poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Vinnie's preferred whammy(non fine tuning) wouldn't hang over on this guitar.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Teej, you're getting confused. All these guitars are custom shop models, that's why they are bit different. They would all be the same size/spec otherwise.

If Vinnie is holding it, it's part of the original run from the 80's. Later ones may have a Custom Shop logo applied if the owner asked for it.

In the Jackson custom shop, anything was possible, so a VVV like yours was built, one like Drew's, and the rest.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

It's funny how on the 24 fret VVV the trem sits nicely while on the 22 fret (dot) guitar,the trem hangs over.

NEWBEGINNINGS
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Genebaby wrote:Teej, you're getting confused. All these guitars are custom shop models, that's why they are bit different. They would all be the same size/spec otherwise.

If Vinnie is holding it, it's part of the original run from the 80's. Later ones may have a Custom Shop logo applied if the owner asked for it.

In the Jackson custom shop, anything was possible, so a VVV like yours was built, one like Drew's, and the rest.
Exactly, Read the Grover section.

NEWBEGINNINGS
teej

Post by teej »

of course I am confused .. I'm blond dammit :P

metatron

Post by metatron »

teej wrote:of course I am confused .. I'm blond dammit :P
Yer, but Blonds have more fun.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

At least they think they do. Therein lies the trouble.

NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

VVV wrote:
shramiac wrote::( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
The Fender board isn't the best place to look for info I guess, right shramiac? :lol:
Haven't checked today but they were as helpful as the ESP guys!!!!!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Nothing helpful yet! Way Cool Jr was on the Fender board thread I started! He was on the old VV site I think. Sorry to steal your thunder Drew and post on the Fender board before you! :twisted:
VVV

Post by VVV »

shramiac wrote:Nothing helpful yet! Way Cool Jr was on the Fender board thread I started! He was on the old VV site I think. Sorry to steal your thunder Drew and post on the Fender board before you! :twisted:
No not at all :D I just went to look and read. I don't think I've posted there in 5-6 years I think?

It's safe to say that every Jackson VVV is a "one-of-a-kind" as no two were constructed with the same specs.....so far as we can tell~
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Actually if I'd read it correctly instaed of skimming over :oops: Way Cool Jr said he had a piece of the Jackson that Vinnie drove over with the bus? Which of course we all know didn't happen!
Sandimas

Post by Sandimas »

Regarding the bridge hanging off the body, the neck seems to join the body at a different point between the 24 and 22 fret examples. Also note that although the JT6 trem equipped VV that Vinnie is picture with is typical late 80's, it seems to have the Floyd nut and slightly longer headstock than is usual with a JT6. They usually had a Kahler type behind the nut lock and the headstock was actually a centimetre or two shorter on s non Floyd neck.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Yeah the red/silver headstock is longer than the white/pink one.
Sandimas

Post by Sandimas »

Haha, I was just thinking they looked the same size headstock to me! The way the headstock on a pointy Jackson is laid out is that the trussrod covers are all the same basic size, and stretch the same distance up the headstock - pretty much to where the first tuner is. This means that when a regular nut is fitted, which only needs a half centimetre or so flat area, the headstock is shorter than when a Floyd nut is factory fitted, as the Floyd needs a wider shelf. I fitted a Floyd nut instead of the regular nut/JT6 behind nut lock on my 87 Soloist, and had to use a cut down trussrod cover or else it stretched too far up the headstock and obscured part of the logo. Out of interest, the Cardiff Rhoads has a factory Floyd headstock, which is further support for the JT6 fitted to it at present being a later addition. Like Vinnie took off all the goodies and fitted the shittiest parts before he sold it. I'd do the same myself!
doublev

Post by doublev »

yes, the guitar was not run over with a bus, it was re painted. That guy is full of bs as far as I can tell
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

How about the interview on Youtube where Dana and Vinnie brag about how many $2,000.00 VVV "s were destroyed in the "Boyz..." video. Complete stories fabricated for the Rock-N -Roll P.R. machine. Ya gotta love it.

I wish I could have back some of the cool guitars I destroyed in my youth because of EVH and Vinnie !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

my theory is the rhoads v in the boyz video was the one that ended up in cardiff. for sure no vv guitars were destroyed in that video
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Considering that Jackson guitars did not come free, you still had to pay for one as an Edorsee, albiet at a reduced price, I find it hard to believe Vinnie would piss on one, let alone destroy it.