Some info on jackson double Vs

Talk about Vinnie's equipment
doublev

Post by doublev »

no one had any money back then. i don't think vv could destroy guitars. I bet he did get the Carvin and Washburn for free and then i bet he didn't go along with what he was supposed to do so he got them for free (eg spokes person).

It would be interesting to find out exactly what happend with Carvin. I think osmeone over their knows the full story.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

wether they will ever tell us is another story..... :evil:
Commander in chief - VVF Army
doublev

Post by doublev »

i don't think anyone has asked carvin directly.
Sandimas

Post by Sandimas »

doublev wrote:my theory is the rhoads v in the boyz video was the one that ended up in cardiff. for sure no vv guitars were destroyed in that video
I think it's more likely the Lick it Up video Rhoads which had extra wing added (ooooooh, Bodyfo-orm) because it has regular sharkfin inlays.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Remember when Dana and Vinnie hosted MTV and the video producer came on with a guitar going "through " him? Just a beat up cheapo. He wouldn't do that to the nice Jacksons.

Vinnie had one of the FIRST signature series Jacksons so who knows how much or if he had to pay for them at all. Grover hasn't answered that.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
VVV

Post by VVV »

doublev wrote:my theory is the rhoads v in the boyz video was the one that ended up in cardiff. for sure no vv guitars were destroyed in that video
You're talking about the RR Vinnie had when he went to the Swedish KISS expo in '96? That's the one in Cardiff I would assume. He signed it and dedicated it to the HRC. One would have to assume VV contacted the HRC in FL to see it they were interested and not vice versa. That would mean there was another pink RR that VV sold by way of Butterfield's (they claimed it was owned by VV) around year 2000. I think it was listed for $50,000 or something ridiculous like that.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

VVV wrote:
You're talking about the RR Vinnie had when he went to the Swedish KISS expo in '96? That's the one in Cardiff I would assume. He signed it and dedicated it to the HRC. One would have to assume VV contacted the HRC in FL to see it they were interested and not vice versa. That would mean there was another pink RR that VV sold by way of Butterfield's (they claimed it was owned by VV) around year 2000. I think it was listed for $50,000 or something ridiculous like that.
$50,000
That sounds just like Vinnie! Narcistic!
VVV

Post by VVV »

And there are 2 possibities why Vinnie elected to use that pink Rhoads while in Sweden. He was trying to add value to it by using it live on stage with cameras and video documenting it. That, or he didn't have a VVV to use anymore. Why else would he fly it all the way to Europe, sign it before he went on stage, and not play a VVV?
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Probably because he was selling the guitar and it was at least the main guitar style he is known for using while in Kiss.

NEWBEGINNINGS
VVV

Post by VVV »

poserboy71 wrote:Probably because he was selling the guitar and it was at least the main guitar style he is known for using while in Kiss.
I would lean in that direction poser. Hopefully he still owns a few VVV's. Too bad he's such a candid grouch that he won't utter a peep as "Vinnie Vincent" about anything. Anything he says as "Suzie", "hard4metal", cannot be verified since they're nom de plumes.

I assume he told his entire family to remain silent as well in solidarity. It's unusual with the advent of the Internet that no one has ever spoken on his behalf, all things considered.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I think he disowned most of his family. Seriously a shame. :(

Some of his family has spoken to a few of our forum members. Some family members do not wish to utter his name . Again, a shame. :(

NEWBEGINNINGS
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

poserboy71 wrote:I think he disowned most of his family. Seriously a shame. :(

Some of his family has spoken to a few of our forum members. Some family members do not wish to utter his name . Again, a shame. :(
Some of his family don't wish to even utter his name? Unbelievable! To a human being most of the time family is everything with a few exceptions!

I read that he didn't attend his fathers funeral? If that's true what a disconnected monster of a person!
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I heard from someone who contacted one of his daughters. Her husband called him back and was incredibly kind yet said that she is trying to move on and distance herself from Vinnie. :(

I couldn't imagine. It is obvious that Vinnie is stubborn. I would put away all of my pride to keep a relationship with my children.

I wonder if Vinnie has even seen his Grandchild ?

NEWBEGINNINGS
VVV

Post by VVV »

This is really getting off topic :o

I guess if things were different it wouldn't be so easy :?
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Everything is relative and important to discuss. It's not like we have a Vinnie's family tree thread going. :shock: :shock: :shock:

NEWBEGINNINGS
VVV

Post by VVV »

poserboy71 wrote:Everything is relative and important to discuss. It's not like we have a Vinnie's family tree thread going. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Agreed.

OK, speculation on Vinnie's current hairline. Discuss :lol:
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

VVV wrote:
poserboy71 wrote:Everything is relative and important to discuss. It's not like we have a Vinnie's family tree thread going. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Agreed.

OK, speculation on Vinnie's current hairline. Discuss :lol:
His hairline now looks like mine? :twisted: :P
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Vinnie's hairline?

Don't you need hair to have a line? :lol:
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Yul Brynner was one sexy bitch !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: DON'T BE A HATER .

NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Here's Way Cool Jr's reply on the Fender board when I said that Vinnie didn't run over the Pink VVV at the end of the 1st tour.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:28 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Report this post to administrator
[quote="shramiac"]
way cool jr wrote:

Way Cool, if you say you've got a piece of that guitar, then you've been sold up the river sadly. As much chance of buying a piece of the true cross!

actually it did happen. the piece was given to me by a sound engineer friend of mine. i bought nothing.
it happened in either Mich or Ohio if i remember correctly.
we were scheduled to be there but our bus broke down and
we had a 3 day layover in huntington WV.
im in the middle of buying a amp off of his old amp tech as we speak.
there was more than 1 of those guitars built but only 1 pink.
vinny hated that guitar, the pink one but was under contract to use it
in concert and for media sake.

WTF???????
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

WTF?

He loved the pink johnson, I mean Jackson......

No way did Vinnie ever destroy a VVV guitar, he just talked about it. They cost money to replace. If he destroyed a guitar it wasn't a Jackson.

Try and get a picture of the piece and see what his amp tech knows if he's buying an amp from him.
VVV

Post by VVV »

"Vinny" hating a pink Jackson is like saying Les Paul hated the Les Paul model Gibsons.
doublev

Post by doublev »

i believe the rhoads guitar was for sale at the expo. i think its pretty much the reason he took it. I believe unlike others that that guitar was not one of the guitars he used on the creatures tour unless its pretty much gutted but i believe the fingerboard to be of a different wood anyway.

HE 100% has his VV guitars. Tom mention it in an email. He also said in an email the Pear was his favourite in his collection, so by saying collecetion suggests he has many guitars. He just doesn't want people to know he has anything as he only declared he had one guitar that he needed to earn a living with on bankruptcy papers .
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Vinnie most likely took the trashed (B.A.G.R. video) guitars on the road and threw one of those "under the bus" ,like his career.
Like I said before-One doesn't do that to a signature Jackson.

That would be like having an extra penis and wanting it chopped off. :shock:

NEWBEGINNINGS
teej

Post by teej »

it's just a BS 'I'm soooooo rock and roll' story .. if he only had a couple of these Jacksons, pretty fucking stupid to nail one while on tour .. but then again .. he aint the sharpest knife in the drawer is he
We will make monkies of these monkies

One time owner of the first ever Monster VVV, and one time owner of the Origional series Jackson VVV
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Under the bus, like his career....so true....if only he could be trusted with money and could get along with others and not be jealous of them.
doublev

Post by doublev »

i think you guys are joking but just to clear it up. The guitar under the bus is a made up story. The guitar was re-painted silver / purple.

They just wanted to make a point that VVI was no longer about pink. They were a new tougher looking band.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Fair enough. The ASG look was cleaner and better.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

OPINION.

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

basically they were laughed at by Iron Maiden fans for their image and I think they started to dress down. I think they looked at Guns n' Roses and kind of decided to take a little bit of the 'sleeze' look (but not all the way).
teej

Post by teej »

well I used to chat with 2 guys who saw VVI support Maiden .. one being the owner of the reverse headstock purple / silver VVV .. they were booed, spat on, beer thrown at them. .. and apparently VV was so overblown on sound you couldnt hear a fucking thing he was playing ... I guess then he decided to sink the pink hahahaha
We will make monkies of these monkies

One time owner of the first ever Monster VVV, and one time owner of the Origional series Jackson VVV
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

teej wrote:apparently VV was so overblown on sound you couldnt hear a fucking thing he was playing
He always said how fantastic it was playing through Maiden's PA. Going from clubs to one of the biggest on tour would have felt good. It was probably bigger than the ones he played through with Kiss.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

teej wrote:well I used to chat with 2 guys who saw VVI support Maiden .. one being the owner of the reverse headstock purple / silver VVV .. they were booed, spat on, beer thrown at them. .. and apparently VV was so overblown on sound you couldnt hear a fucking thing he was playing ... I guess then he decided to sink the pink hahahaha
That just wasn't a very good pairing. V V I should've got the DLR tour or toured with Cinderella ,Winger, White Lion, etc. -Good bands with gun sllinger guitarists.

NEWBEGINNINGS