check out this post on the making of a Double V.....

Talk about Vinnie's equipment
saintandsinner

check out this post on the making of a Double V.....

Post by saintandsinner »

nice post this guys from my city but dont know him....
http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f19/jacks ... 89812.html
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yeah, I've seen that one. Bit of work to get the Jackson neck going in a body for an Ibanez, but good on him.

Good value too, he saved himself a lot of money by not saying "NO" to fakes...lol...
Commander in chief - VVF Army
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

An Ibanez neck will always outplay a Jackson neck! :twisted: :twisted:
Right Uncle Kev?? :lol: :lol:
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

And nice to see TJ put his version of the Carvin up there too.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
teej

Post by teej »

I had the weirdest fucking dream ever last night .. Dino showed up at my house with VV's Carvin ... it turned out to be an accoustic and broken LOL .. very very obscure
We will make monkies of these monkies

One time owner of the first ever Monster VVV, and one time owner of the Origional series Jackson VVV
Sandimas

Post by Sandimas »

LOL, it was maybe a dream but it's probably more real than the stories from the so called VV camp.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Damn, I think I need a good beating because I still believe / hope that Vinnie is gonna do SOMETHING soon. Even a "Thanks but no thanks" comment to us would go a LONG way.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

With Vinnie, you just never know what's gonna happen. It might take decades, it might take years or it might not happen.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

His prerogative to do what he likes. A sign of what he is planning would be nice though ! :D :D :D

NEWBEGINNINGS
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

shramiac wrote:An Ibanez neck will always outplay a Jackson neck! :twisted: :twisted:
Right Uncle Kev?? :lol: :lol:
Shramiac,
I can't believe that this dude copied my color scheme! :lol: His total cost is very similar to what mine cost. With his $200 paint job he has close to a grand into assembling this guitar. I painted my guitar myself and it looks no where near as good as what this professional painter has done for this guy. I like that slick paint job! My body came from this same builder. Here are my approximate costs a couple of years ago:
Body $150
Neck $150
Parts $125
Edge Trem $150
Luthier Set Up, Frets and Intonation $150 for an approximate total of around $725.

I like the Ibanez Wizard Profile Neck that you have on your JEMS alot. They are real thin and flat! The Ibanez Neck that I put on this guitar is not the Wizard Profile and is more similiar to a Jackson Soloist Neck.
This might be an alternative way to go for some who enjoy projects but this method isn't for every one. I wanted a Double V Guitar and this was the most cost effective way for me at the time.
K
saintandsinner

Post by saintandsinner »

Im going to contact them and get a price on a double v body,my dad paints cars for a living and has all the stuff I need to get a good paint job.Pink and silver will do just fine.Although I might see if they will build me a VV with a gibson style bridge.SOOO tired of dealing with floyds,I have a usa jackson neck from the old days in great condition but it has dot inlays instead of sharks.....
metatron

Post by metatron »

poserboy71 wrote:Damn, I think I need a good beating because I still believe / hope that Vinnie is gonna do SOMETHING soon. Even a "Thanks but no thanks" comment to us would go a LONG way.
Yes Rick, you do deserve a good old fashion beating for still believing. I'd say you probably give yourself that beating everyday anyway. You've probably beaten yourself up so much you've pull knee cartilage out of your old fella. :wink: :shock: :P :P :P . (they call it self abuse, why do I love it so much :?: :?: :?:)
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
metatron

Post by metatron »

saintandsinner wrote:Im going to contact them and get a price on a double v body,my dad paints cars for a living and has all the stuff I need to get a good paint job.Pink and silver will do just fine.Although I might see if they will build me a VV with a gibson style bridge.SOOO tired of dealing with floyds,I have a usa jackson neck from the old days in great condition but it has dot inlays instead of sharks.....
I got one for about $US120 about 3-4 years ago on ebay & he also made ibanez jem bodies.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

metatron wrote:
poserboy71 wrote:Damn, I think I need a good beating because I still believe / hope that Vinnie is gonna do SOMETHING soon. Even a "Thanks but no thanks" comment to us would go a LONG way.
Yes Rick, you do deserve a good old fashion beating for still believing. I'd say you probably give yourself that beating everyday anyway. You've probably beaten yourself up so much you've pull knee cartilage out of your old fella. :wink: :shock: :P :P :P . (they call it self abuse, why do I love it so much :?: :?: :?:)

SQUIRT :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Geez!!!!! We're gonna have to change the name of the board to Vinnie's Circle Jerks!!!!!
doublev

Post by doublev »

why charge so much for a guitar with polar and rosewood? I am sure they sound good but it doesn't spell 5k to me.
poserboy71

Re: check out this post on the making of a Double V.....

Post by poserboy71 »

Ask me if I still believe . :roll: :roll: :roll:

NEWBEGINNINGS