Jackson 30TH- Admit Vinnie tribute

Talk about Vinnie's equipment
poserboy71

Jackson 30TH- Admit Vinnie tribute

Post by poserboy71 »

How cool that Vinnie got this honor:
http://www.cmcguitars.com/v/vspfiles/ph ... 000-4S.jpg

Jackson 30th Anniversary RR1 Randy Rhoads USA Custom Shop First Five Guitar

You are looking at the Jackson 30th Anniversary RR1 Randy Rhoads USA Custom Shop First Five Guitar.
There are only a 30 of these bad boys world wide. This guitar was Master Built by the legend Mike Shannon, the man who built the famous Randy Rhoads' Jackson Guitar. Each guitar is signed and numbered by the man himself Mike Shannon. You are looking at guitar #10. This is an exact replica of the one of the first five Jackson Guitars produced. For you rock historians if this guitar looks familiar it should because this is one of the guitars Vinnie Vincent used while in KISS. This guitar was made to especially celebrate 30 years of history and innovation. Jackson is the one and only true metal guitar and this will make a great addition to anyone's collection.

The sound that comes out of this guitar is amazing. The "First Five" Rhoads features a Poplar Body with a Maple Neck-Thru Design that gives this guitar a lot of bite and growl. The classic Seymour Duncan Zebra Pickups push it over the top. I was blown away with the tone. It also has a Rosewood Fretboard with Mother of Pearl (MOP) Reverse Sharkfin Inlays and 22 Small 6230 Frets with Ivoroid Binding over the Frets. And of course it has the Jackson Compound Radius Neck. Add the Gold Metal Flake paint job with the Black Hand Painted Jackson Logo and you have a killer guitar. This will go quickly. Get it while you can. BTW - The last pic is me with the guitar at NAMM.

Jackson 30th Anniversary RR1 Randy Rhoads USA Custom Shop First Five Guitar Specs:

Color: Gold Metal Flake
Body: Poplar
Neck: Finished Neck-Thru-Body Quartersawn Maple & Ivoroid Bound Fingerboard and Frets
Neck dimensions: 3rd Fret: .790â€
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

Poplar body? I believe VV's was Mahogany. Can anyone confirm that? What is the pitch of poplar?
saintandsinner

Post by saintandsinner »

I highly doubt that the body is poplar mahogany is your best bet
ankh

Post by ankh »

about poplar and woods sonic properties:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tonewood

http://www.sweetwater.com/shop/guitars/ ... -guide.php

from john shur website:

http://www.suhrguitars.com/wood.aspx#body

poplar has been also used because it's cheaper.According to some people over the net, some stratocasters from the 90's were made of poplar with a thin layer of alder on the top.
doublev

Post by doublev »

. that doesn't sound like the wood choice of a 5k guitar, but it may sound good. for 5k I would expect ebony and maybe not a wood that is considered a budget wood.

I think the Carvin's from the 80s mostly used poplar. I remember Jason Becker saying his guitar was poplar and then the Peavy was Ash. (the reissure is maple however).

If I could make guitars I would make one from Birch or Beach for a highend pitch and one from Walnut for a warmer low end. I think Birch and Beach are pretty cheap woods too.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Poplar was widely used by Jackson in the 80's.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
teej

Post by teej »

I'm pretty certain thats what mine is .. it certainly isnt mahogany .. I have a few .. err .. dings on mine and it's a light coloured wood :oops:
We will make monkies of these monkies

One time owner of the first ever Monster VVV, and one time owner of the Origional series Jackson VVV
doublev

Post by doublev »

ok, so if teej says its good, its good. I have a poplar/mahogany mix drums set that sounds awesome, and i believe my carvin doubleneck must be poplar.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

It was a very "popular" wood, was poplar...lol.....

But seriously, I didn't think much of it when I first heard about it, but then found out lots of Jacksons were built with it so figured it must be ok.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
teej

Post by teej »

Genebaby wrote:It was a very "popular" wood, was poplar...lol.....
......... and the crowd went wild haha .. jesus man ......

One time owner of the first ever Monster VVV, and one time owner of the Origional series Jackson VVV
doublev

Post by doublev »

teej, are you sure yours is poplar? I know VV's was maple (or so he said). Didn't Jackson use alder too?
teej

Post by teej »

I really dont know to be honest .. am no woodsman .. I just know it's light wood .. how would I tell the difference ?