vinnies gold jackson...

Talk about Vinnie's equipment
saintandsinner

vinnies gold jackson...

Post by saintandsinner »

[img]hi all I have heard some people debating as to whether or not vin had his gold jackson repainted or not.Dont know if the ever got solved but here isa picture that shows that not only did he repaint it but it looks like it was not a pro job.check it out you can see on the neck that the pink has worn off as well as where the belt rubs. [img]http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/VintageRock ... 84_L22.jpg
saintandsinner

Post by saintandsinner »

Image sorry here the pic
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

So there you go. Great pic Sinner dude.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
doublev

Post by doublev »

thanks. yeah, this showed up on the debate on the old board that freddy was researching (as well as others). The thing is their is a picture of him in Lisbon Portugal on the Lick it up tour with both a pink and gold Rhoads V. The thing is we think he may have had two at the same that were gold during creatures and then re-sprayed one before the lick it up tour and maybe the second was resprayed not long after or kept gold. The one in the picture you posted is supposed to be the one that is at the hard rock cafe in Cardiff Wales that most of us are 100% sure is not what it is said to be because the controls are different and the headstock is now pink.
Last edited by doublev on Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
doublev

Post by doublev »

i think it is clear to say that vv likes to repaint guitars as it is pretty certain the silver/purple one was once pink/silver.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

saintandsinner wrote:Image sorry here the pic
NOTICE THE CHUNK OUT OF THE HEADSTOCK . That could have been repaired as well as Vinnie repainting the guitar. I think it may be the guitar in Cardiff.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
teej

Post by teej »

it seems consumate with the fact he was being paid peanuts and treated like a monkey ... not enuff cash to have the guitars one needs as a star of PISS ... and delt the cards that forged his direct route to disaster.....
We will make monkies of these monkies

One time owner of the first ever Monster VVV, and one time owner of the Origional series Jackson VVV
doublev

Post by doublev »

i don't get why he would change the controls but i suppose it could be done. So if the one in Cardiff is the one he used in Kiss..

1. he changed the headstock color and repaired the headstock
2. he changed the trem
3. he changed the controls

so basically it would be a shell.

doublev

Post by doublev »

teej

Post by teej »

does it really matter that much ? the lunatic will not discuss these things so chasing your tail about them will achieve nothing
We will make monkies of these monkies

One time owner of the first ever Monster VVV, and one time owner of the Origional series Jackson VVV
doublev

Post by doublev »

no, i suppose it doesn't matter. better things to do with time.
doublev

Post by doublev »

this is that really bad youtube clip of it (not by me)
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

The Cardiff guitar does have a piss poor paint job though! Very "orange peel" so maybe it's a quick repair job! The pre-amp may have been in it and removed for a VVV? The original Floyd put on a VVV too maybe? Next time anyone is there, see if you can scratch the back of the neck and see if any gold paint comes through!!! LOL
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Nobody in Kiss had/was making much money in the 80's Read their accountants book, very interesting. They were touring because they needed to to have some money.

Paul's guitars were repainted from one tour to the next. His Animlaize leapard spots BCR became the mutlicouloured lines guitar for Asylum.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
doublev

Post by doublev »

Yeah. Paul sold a lot of guitars too. They were nearly bankrupt after crazy nights as some account stole their money. They didn't even have the money to take a stage show to Europe. Not even the kiss logo.
doublev

Post by doublev »

I could be wrong but I feel that he had ebony fingerboard in kiss and the Cardiff looks to be rosewood.
Quentin Aaron

Post by Quentin Aaron »

Paul sold off his Gibson collection cause he was adviced to do so. That was a big mistake!

The silver/purple VVV I always thought was repainted. The 2 pup silver/purple Jackson was prob the last Jackon built for him. I love that guitar!
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Genebaby wrote:Nobody in Kiss had/was making much money in the 80's Read their accountants book, very interesting. They were touring because they needed to to have some money.

Paul's guitars were repainted from one tour to the next. His Animlaize leapard spots BCR became the mutlicouloured lines guitar for Asylum.
And painted black for the Revenge tour.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
saintandsinner

Post by saintandsinner »

I have alot of years working on and repairing guitars and I can tell you that the paint job that was done on the gold Rhoads looks to me to like a simple home spray job.That is not a pro paint job.I dont think jackson would have resprayed that guitar for vinne.grover would have just made him another.I will say this though and remember to us spray painting a rhoads like that would be a unheard of as we work hard for our fiddles.But to pro musicians of that calibre they used to get guitars by the dozen from jackson and probaly had no idea they would actually be worth something someday...