Fernandes Floyd Rose

Talk about Vinnie's equipment
shramiac

Fernandes Floyd Rose

Post by shramiac »

There's been some debate over the years that Vinnie had Fernandes built Floyds on his some of guitars. I fired off an email to Fernandes to see what could info be attained!

Hi Andrew,

Yes, I believe the FST-95 from 1983 had a nft floyd, catalog photo
attached.

For your reference, you can access all the Fernandes Japan previous
catalogs here:
http://www.fernandes.co.jp/others/catalog/list.html

Best,
--
Andres
Tech Support
FERNANDES/HIWATT USA

http://facebook.com/FernandesUSA
http://twitter.com/FernandesUSA

On 4/5/12 1:08 AM, "Andrew" <xxxxxxxxxx@hotmail.com> wrote:

>This is an enquiry e-mail via http://www.fernandesguitars.com/ from:
>Andrew <xxxxxxxxxxxx@hotmail.com>
>
>Hi, Andrew here from http://www.vvforums.com. I've got a doozy of a question and
>a blast from the past!
>Vinnie Vincent! Its rumoured that Vinnie used a Fernandes non fine tuner
>Floyd (nft) on some of his guitars!
>Did Fernandes ever make a nft Floyd?
>So little is known about his gear and manufacturers are a dead end when
>trying to get any info on Vinnie! He may have burnt a few bridges (no pun)
>over the years sadly!
>Thanks for your time.
>Andrew.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
shramiac

Re: Fernandes Floyd Rose

Post by shramiac »

The catalogues are in Japanese unfortunately so it makes reading difficult! :lol: Also the resolution isn't the best either so trying to get detail from the pictures is a little hard too!

The attachment he sent showed an original nft Floyd and a Frenandes "Head Banker" which looked just like an nft Floyd BUT, it appears the strings are rear fed like a Fender trem????? For some reason the attachment looks good on my iPhone but terrible when I save to PC?????? That's why it's not here.

Good news is that if you check out the 1982 Fernandes catalogue with the red Chevy and go to page 10, you'll see 2 versions of an nft Floyd, the FRT1 and FRT2! Now I'm only guessing but judging by the price difference, maybe the FRT1 is an original Floyd and the 2 is the equivilent Fernandes made model???? Shame the resolution is so low and you can't blow them up to get more detail.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Edit to my last post: (ignore the last sentence I wrote)

Zooming in on the Fernandes pictures doesn't seem to reveal any names stamped on either versions though! The resolution isn't the best.

The Wasburn definitely has Floyd Rose stamped on it but I can't make out the stamping (if there are any) on his other VVV guitars? The Rhoads says Floyd though.

So maybe we have a match?????

On a side note, were Fernandes ever sued by other maufacturers or artists? The Neil Schon, Dave Murray, Ritchie Blackmore etc models???????? The BC Rich clones?????? :lol:
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

shramiac wrote:
On a side note, were Fernandes ever sued by other maufacturers or artists? The Neil Schon, Dave Murray, Ritchie Blackmore etc models???????? The BC Rich clones?????? :lol:
I saw those and was amazed. :o :o :o :o :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: That is the kind of shit I'm into. I would love to have those knock-offs !!!! :D :D :D :D
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Here's some info on the knock-offs. They should have made a VVV! :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.guitarnerd.com.au/?p=3
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Ah ha!!!

So the clever boffins that worked out that Vinnie's Floyds were Fernandes made may indeed be correct! A simple search and look what I found!

http://www.wa.commufa.jp/shinegt/floydrose.html

You'll have to use Google translator or similar but the FRT 3 was made by Fernandes but stamped with Floyd Rose!!!

How bout that???!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Is this what vv uses ?
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Bye Bye
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

doublev2 wrote:Image

Is this what vv uses ?

That one is on the first Jackson VVV.

The one on the Washburn is different though. It's saddles have the string grooves and the nut on the string clamp bolt is not there either.

Pardon my french but, FUCK THAT WASHBURN LOOKS AWESOME!!!!!
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

i heard vv did not favour the washburn. however the photos from the GFH recording he was using it. I heard he liked the carvin the best. but this is all just what i heard.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

so who made the washburn floyd?
Bye Bye
metatron

Post by metatron »

Great work shramiac. You'z is da Floyd Rose man.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Nah! Was just bored one day!!! Actually got an email back from Floyd themselves about re-introducing the nft but they ain't interested!
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

doublev2 wrote:so who made the washburn floyd?

Guess they were German made Schaller's then?
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

That looks like it doesn't it?
Bye Bye
Sandimas

Post by Sandimas »

Yes, the Washburn Floyd is a Schaller, unusual in being gold plated.

The Floyds on his Jacksons were the Fernandes ones.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Is it the German one on his carvin?
Bye Bye
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Me guess would be yes!
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Do they have an Albanian made Floyd?
Bye Bye
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Yes! The Floooyyenz Rochendizch!
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Good , i will put it on my Albanian guitar.
Bye Bye