vinnie's guitar in wales hard rock

Talk about Vinnie's equipment
doublev

vinnie's guitar in wales hard rock

Post by doublev »

i took some pictures on my cellphone. problem is they are not good. the light was too low, my camera was too shit and their was a family eating in front o the guitar so i could not get any good angles and well as it being a little to high up on the wall.

i have little time to put them on imageshack just now, but hope to in a few days. i can confirm no serial number, which may add up if its an early version of the guitar.
doublev

Post by doublev »

poor quality close up. sorry, wish i had my real camera with me.
doublev

Post by doublev »

poor quality headstock

doublev

Post by doublev »

doublev

Post by doublev »

sorry, this is the worst

doublev

Post by doublev »

doublev

Post by doublev »

doublev

Post by doublev »

doublev

Post by doublev »

Sorry, I wish I had gotten better pictures. i did not think the light would be so low.

i have about 3 more coming.
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

judging by any and all of the pictures i have seen that guitar isnt consistant with any of the other ones like it the head stock is a dead ringer foir one that one is in pink the ones from LIU era all have black head stocks from all th pics i have seen un less this was a back up which is possible,
also the non original floyd rose in black.. his was crhome on most of the pics , and the controls were diffrent on this one.. just an observation..

what do you think dino?
doublev

Post by doublev »

yes, is it possible that jackson would have re-done the headstock some time after he left kiss?

the trem is for sure put on later and i think vv would have taken the original non fine tuning off of that one to put on a newer guitar.

the controls are what i don't know about.

the plaque which i have a photograph says it was used in the studio on both creatures and lick it up and used live on both creatures and lick it up tours, it however does not match the one in the photo they have of him at least the one in the picture has a black headstock.

if the controls don't match any of the guitars he has been phptpgrpahed with then i don't believe he used it, but i think if they do the headstock and trem issue could be explained, especially the trem. the headstock change is strange to me. and if this has no serial then its a good chance it was made for randy , which would make it more important and i would not think re-painting the headstock, especially since v used his own model after kiss, makes a lot of sense . surely jackson would have done the work since it has their decal and MADE IN THE USA written on it.
doublev

Post by doublev »

also if this like we think is the one seen at the swedish expo then he added the neck pick up after that show with one that matched his old guitars or refitted it. I doubt the pick ups are wired up actually. also guitar is by no means in tip top condition.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

No serial after the last fret makes it interesting. That's an 87/88 era Jackson Floyd copy.

If it was such an early Rhoads then it's a travesty to change the headstock, I don't think Jackson would have done that. If it needed work it would have gone back to original.

The controls can be changed by swapping the control plate but once again, an actual Creatures/LIU era Rhoads is a lot better in original condition, not once it's messed with.

The lack of serial and the rather rare reverse sharkfins make everything a bit muddy though.

Dino, I wish you had brought a better camera with you!
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

i dont think he used it ...
doublev

Post by doublev »

i go back in 10 days and will bring my film medium format film camera and a 15 mega pixel camera with a flash.

the guy said he would let me take it down once the family had stopped eating but i didn't have time. i will try that next time.

yes, the inlays are what makes it seem possibly real. its a really weird one. i just don't see the headstock being changed color if it was a 1982 (or earlier) model like it says on plaque.

the one thing i thought of is it may have been the rr v in the boyz r gonna rock video with the additional cut out extra v so he would hace changed the headstock color to try and match it. its still hard to imagine doing that. It is clear vinnie does re-paint his guitars however.

it is a puzzle , i am 50/50 on it.

I think i am not an expert like vic, chris, teej, tj mons, quentin, freddy and everyone else.

i also can not be bothered to look through old pictures at this point in time.

i was waiting for spyder or suzie to indirectly answer the question.

p.s i do find some of the descriptions of me by spyder/suzie pretty funny.
doublev

Post by doublev »

i think that mike shannon is the guy. if i had better pics it would be cool if they could post on the jackson forum and see what they say.

the thing paul said about the guitar being sold to the fan just adds suspicion, but it not conclusive and i still think the benefit of doubt is in order.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Well, Vinnie signed thsi one away and I sure as heck wouldn't give one of the first Rhoads guitars away. Do we know when they got this from Vinnie?

When you go back, please take pictures of the area where the neck meets the body, and if you can see inside the back cavities, sometimes they don't have the covers on them. I want to see if we can tell how original the paintjob is, or how good it is in general.

Lots of high res, close up shots please, of all aspects. A good look at the decal will help. A close up of where the serial should be after the last fret.

Maybe there are some markings or something on the back of it? Maybe some old paint showing through, or just the original primer?
doublev

Post by doublev »

this is the one he used during the creatures tour, be it the neg is flipped, i think the controls are different

doublev

Post by doublev »

i have a bad picture of that. i looked closely as there are lots of scrapes and scratches and coulld see no gold coming through. i will try to get those pictures of my camera and onto imageshack.

remember this was used during the recording of creatures. i find that odd as i thought vinnie was not even in the band until after the recording and i did not think jackson were going to give him a guitar unless he was 'in' kiss. I don't know but I thought he used the charvel on creatures, anyone know for sure? i will give you a link to the plaque, all be it hard rock may have made the mistake on that.
hard rock are contactable, but only by phone. they maybe able to say if they have a statement that claims the v was used on creatures of the night or night.

put it this way would jackson handed vinnie cusano (not yet VV) the guitar/guitars before he joined kiss and i remember vinnie saying that once he joined kiss he asked jackson for something special.
doublev

Post by doublev »

i think he had two with the reverse shark inlays, then he was seen in creatures era with a white one with dot inlays and a black one with dot inlays during lick it up with a pink one with non reverse inlays. one for sure was gold and resprayed pink as it is clear in a photo.

so if thats the case the one at the hard rock had to have been gold at one stage.
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

the gold paint will be the tell tale, i still think its some guitar he just had around. maybe even had it painted pink and sold it to the cafe just for the bux i can geta repray for around 300 and a decal also for 25, pick ups 35 used and 50 for the emg. and getting a rhoads v from japan or korea (400) or even a usa for 800 bones. (thats if he even paid for it )

if it costed him even 1400 still could would have made a great profit .. i feel its a fake..
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

but could be wrong..... :-P
Batman

Post by Batman »

Let's all keep in mind that Convention video where KISS mentioned Vinnie selling a guitar to a fan. Hope Freddy and Quentin will join sooner or later.
doublev

Post by doublev »

the controls are slightly in different places. the vol seems to be uniform with the vv kiss ones but the other two controls are closer together than on all the ones vv as pictured with kiss. does anyone see that. the kiss ones seem to be evenly spaced but the hard rock one seem to be closer together.
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

i was told a story of VV sellin/trading a les paul that wast what he said it was to some one.. back way when..
doublev

Post by doublev »

its still a close one, but certainly its not the same guitar as it was if it is for real, as the trem and headstock as well as the controls are different. a steve vai gem is in the same cafe and that has not been altered at all.

strange to me he wouldn't donate the dot inlay one over this.

yes freddy needs to look and quentin.
doublev

Post by doublev »

i still also think he ever used a rr v on the creatures recording, but i could be wrong
doublev

Post by doublev »

but i do think it would be hard to find an rr v with no serial number. its such a mystery. it would be cool if suzie q let us know whats what.lol
doublev

Post by doublev »

one guy at jackson who didn't seem too up on things thought it was an ed roman copy to look like an old jackson. he said a lot of things didn't add up.

i think it isn't an ed roman however.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Dino,Do them a favor at the Hard Rock and replace the strings. :lol: :lol:
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I think it may be real. I'm surprised Vinnie left an EMG in it. It's great that they're gonna let you take it off the wall and photograph it ! The location of the controls doesn't matter being that it could be a new pick guard. Is the autograph UNDER the clear coat ? It sure looks to be !

NEWBEGINNINGS
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I hope those screws holding the guitar to the wall aren't piercing the body.

I retract the "It's Real" statement. No serial number equals an Ed Roman Rip-off to me !!! I don't believe Vinnie would be stupid or desperate enough to desecrate an ORIGINAL Rhoads V.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Some clear shots will be helpful. It definitely looks like a USA Rhoads, or a redone early 90's Professional model which are the same quality.

You'd expect it to be a bit banged up, Pro guitars don't get babied too much.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

The Jackson reproduction that Ed Roman has on his site being held by a buxom lass looks like the real deal too.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Got a link?
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I'm not very computer literate. I type with my index fingers . :lol: The picture is on his site.

-PB71-

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Man, I haven't been there in a long time, I'll feel dirty having to look through it all.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

It's not difficult to find ,you lazy, disgusting,dirty, smelly, swine !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NEWBEGINNINGS
Sandimas

Post by Sandimas »

Interesting pics Dino, no matter what the quality. I appreciate the effort you went to, if I'd gone in with my family and hung about at someone else's table taking guitar pics then my lot would have disowned me!

Anyway, as well as the patterns in the pearl inlays matching the gold/pink Lick it Up tour guitar, you can also clearly see the holes from the original Floyd Rose retaining bar behind the nut, either side of the truss rod cover That Cardiff guitar did NOT come with one of those JT6 trems as they had a Kahler type nut lock. And the non fine tuner ones are hard to find, so what does he do when he sells the axe? Stick on whatever he can sub in from a later guitar.

That's the original guitar, gutted and repainted, believe me. About the only original thing is the wood, but it's the same guitar.
doublev

Post by doublev »

so it is actually one that had been made for randy most likely. yet no one knows. why do you think he changed the headstock color?

are you sure the controls are in the same place?

i wasn't with my family. i went in at about 3pm and the only people eating in that place were a family directly in front of the guitar. it was pretty uncomfortable taking pictures of it .

thanks for your input sandimas
doublev

Post by doublev »

bad bad bad
doublev

Post by doublev »

doublev

Post by doublev »

if it is or isn't v's guitar , i still didn't think he used it to record creatures with

Sandimas

Post by Sandimas »

I don't think so either. That's the kind of guitar you'd take out live because of how it looks on stage, not to get a particular sound in the studio.

By the way, that full frontal shot you posted nails the evidence of the pearl inlays. I'll do a little montage tomorrow when I pride the laptop from my kids hands. I'm on the iPhone right now...
TJMonster

Post by TJMonster »

Feeling your pain with the iPhone!
Sandimas

Post by Sandimas »

Tell me about it. In some respects it's amazing but when it tells you what it thinks you really meant to type, and also resolutely refuses to show up all the text if writing a long post to a forum like this, so you're typing blind with fingers too big for the touch screen keypad... Aaaargh!
doublev

Post by doublev »

ha, i use the google android phone. same thing kind of. the problem is that you can not open up to let more light in in low light situations. also the stress of working around a family eating doesn't help.
doublev

Post by doublev »

this is some feedback i have gotten..

His RRV's from Kiss had 1 vol knob and 1 Les Paul Style toggle and 1 mini toggle at the bottom ( they were not inline) The Hard Rock guitar has 2 volume/tone knobs/pots and 1 mini toggle. In addition to the Rosewood board.
saintandsinner

Post by saintandsinner »

that my friends is another pile of ed romans crap.That is not a real jackson as even if it was a custom one off for vinnie it would have a serial number.I have seen many jacksons built for artists in real; life and they all had SN...
doublev

Post by doublev »

That's exactly what Jackson said when they saw the pictures. But I am still not certain. Funny thing is I sent ed Roman a picture and he told me he could make that but never abswered my question about the guitar