Vinnie's frets

Talk about Vinnie's equipment
gonnarock

Vinnie's frets

Post by gonnarock »

I was looking at some of Vinnie's guitars and the frets look smaller. I know Randy Rhoads had custom frets on his made a bit smaller, does anyone know if Vinnie did this as well?
poserboy71

Re: Vinnie's frets

Post by poserboy71 »

Randy preferred the smallest frets he could get. They weren't custom made.

As for Vinnie's preferences , we may never know unless you can squeeze the information out of him during one of his wine and cheese internet parties with his "Angel's ". :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Jackson's had Jumbos and the rest are Mediums! At least that's what Tom put on HIS re-issues!!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
gonnarock

Post by gonnarock »

poserboy71 wrote:Randy preferred the smallest frets he could get. They weren't custom made.

As for Vinnie's preferences , we may never know unless you can squeeze the information out of him during one of his wine and cheese internet parties with his "Angel's ". :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I think the small frets are a good idea, for speed and those with smaller fingers. :)

I quite like cheese. :wink:
metatron

Post by metatron »

mmmh, cheese is my favorite food group.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
gonnarock

Post by gonnarock »

It is the most varied one as well:
Swiss Cheese, American Cheese, Provolone Cheese, Colby Cheese, Colby Jack Cheese.
All varities are welcome. :lol:
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Randy preferred tall, thin frets. I have them on my PCS Rhoads and don't care for them. I prefer the Jumbo as per normal Jackson.

My favourite guitar has something in between that I really do like but we don't know exactly what they were so I just just to Jumbo if I get asked or want a refret.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
gonnarock

Post by gonnarock »

Genebaby wrote:Randy preferred tall, thin frets. I have them on my PCS Rhoads and don't care for them. I prefer the Jumbo as per normal Jackson.

My favourite guitar has something in between that I really do like but we don't know exactly what they were so I just just to Jumbo if I get asked or want a refret.
I think my Ibanez has the jumbo frets on them, and I do like them. Its the most comfortable guitar that I have. I've never had them refretted though. I should find out what mine are. The frets on my Flying V are very thin, and not uncomfortable, but the ones on the Ibanez feel nicer somehow. I do agree with you about the jumbo frets if that is what I think mine are too. :)
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Gibson does not tend to use overly large frets, my Flying V has the smaller type too. Doesn't stop guys like Frankie Hannon from ripping it up though!
gonnarock

Post by gonnarock »

Absolutely. Or KK Downing! :D
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yes! When he used his trusty Gibson!
gonnarock

Post by gonnarock »

That is right! I think that the twin axe attack of Priest, even though they have that new guy, its never going to be the same without KK in the band.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yeah it was a sad shock to find KK was leaving, and on their last tour too.
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

KK is superb, big fan of him & Tipton!
Hey man, I am cool, I am the Breeze...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
This is not a Hate Forum Vinnie...Capisce!!?
Brooklyn has almost left the Building
gonnarock

Post by gonnarock »

Genebaby wrote:Yeah it was a sad shock to find KK was leaving, and on their last tour too.
I know. I wish he could have stayed to finish it up, but I suppose he had his reasons.

Me too Brooklyn_Born. I love the twin axe attack!!! :D
TJMonster

Post by TJMonster »

I did a refret on a neck through tele a few months ago. We went with medium sized stainless steel frets. Which are literally half the size of jumbo. Once leveled off, this thing was the easiest guitar to play Ive ever laid my hands on.
If you want to talk Guitars, PM me!
PelagicJoe

Post by PelagicJoe »

Brooklyn_Born wrote:KK is superb, big fan of him & Tipton!
My all time favorite band. Glenn / K.K. are (or rather were) a great duo.