vinnies sound!!!!!

Talk about Vinnie's equipment
doublev2

Re: vinnies sound!!!!!

Post by doublev2 »

Fred is the best.

Fred do you think he used those dean markley amps he advertised?
Bye Bye
FREDDYB3

Post by FREDDYB3 »

I have no idea on that Dino. Never really heard any mention of it. I guess it's possible ?
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Maybe on gfh but you would think at that time he would have agreed any endorsement due to no money coming in.
Bye Bye
BoBell

Re: vinnies sound!!!!!( Marshall ??? )

Post by BoBell »

I own a 1983 Marshall JCM800 50 watt head modded by Lee Jackson ( metaltronix ) . The guy I bought it from said it was owned by Vinnie - it does have a white tour type v painted on one end . Anybody know what kind of logo was used or have any info on this . The amp completely screams and didnt really buy it because VV owned it but have always been curious .
gonnarock

Post by gonnarock »

BoBell wrote:I own a 1983 Marshall JCM800 50 watt head modded by Lee Jackson ( metaltronix ) . The guy I bought it from said it was owned by Vinnie - it does have a white tour type v painted on one end . Anybody know what kind of logo was used or have any info on this . The amp completely screams and didnt really buy it because VV owned it but have always been curious .
Not too sure about the logo of the tour paint, but a V sounds as good as any clue to me that it could have belonged to Vinnie. :D That is really awesome, sounds like an excellent amp! :D by the way, welcome! :D
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Welcome Bo, could you post a pic of the amp at all?
Commander in chief - VVF Army
metatron

Post by metatron »

I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
BoBell

Post by BoBell »

gonnarock wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:06 pm
BoBell wrote:I own a 1983 Marshall JCM800 50 watt head modded by Lee Jackson ( metaltronix ) . The guy I bought it from said it was owned by Vinnie - it does have a white tour type v painted on one end . Anybody know what kind of logo was used or have any info on this . The amp completely screams and didnt really buy it because VV owned it but have always been curious .
Not too sure about the logo of the tour paint, but a V sounds as good as any clue to me that it could have belonged to Vinnie. :D That is really awesome, sounds like an excellent amp! :D by the way, welcome! :D
Attachments
62F20C28-F2B9-4EFF-9EE8-1A4CE11A1490.jpeg
BoBell

Post by BoBell »

144E58DC-0FE1-4D99-9421-A6F1748CD4E5.jpeg
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Bo, you're back!!!

Wow. Can anyone verify this is what Vinnie did to the amps he owned?
drmoorejr

Post by drmoorejr »

Brooklyn_Born wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:12 pm I thought he used a Marshall for live performances though?
Yes. I cannot recall all of his pedals, but he did have a (non WazaCraft version) Metal Zone pedal by Boss. I seem to recall he stack two other overdrive/distortion pedals with it. This was at all of the S.I.R. events I went too...
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I wonder what he used in his heyday? Metal Zone is what I used to use in the 90's as a beginner guitarist, going into a cheap practice amp in the bedroom.

These days all my distortion is from a JVM Marshall, doesn't need anything else except for time style effets for songs etc. Do you know what Marshall he was using at this event? It seems like he was using it from the clean channel and relying on those pedals rather than the amp.
drmoorejr

Post by drmoorejr »

Genebaby wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 5:38 pm I wonder what he used in his heyday? Metal Zone is what I used to use in the 90's as a beginner guitarist, going into a cheap practice amp in the bedroom.

These days all my distortion is from a JVM Marshall, doesn't need anything else except for time style effets for songs etc. Do you know what Marshall he was using at this event? It seems like he was using it from the clean channel and relying on those pedals rather than the amp.
At at least one of the events they were all JCM2000's but he had one that was actually mic'd that maybe have been a JVM900.
Attachments
SIR_Amps_Guitars.jpg
SIR_Amps_Guitars.jpg (93.83 KiB) Viewed 31699 times
drmoorejr

Post by drmoorejr »

drmoorejr wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:13 pm
Genebaby wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 5:38 pm I wonder what he used in his heyday? Metal Zone is what I used to use in the 90's as a beginner guitarist, going into a cheap practice amp in the bedroom.

At at least one of the events they were all JCM2000's but he had one that was actually mic'd that maybe have been a JVM900.
Here is another event, same Amps: I believe they are all rentals from SIR.
Attachments
SIR_Amps_Guitars_more.jpg
SIR_Amps_Guitars_more.jpg (83.16 KiB) Viewed 31698 times
drmoorejr

Post by drmoorejr »

The first event I am pretty sure I took no photos of the amps.. But they were fun times.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

The DSL100 is a pretty good amp. I have a TSL100 that I no longer use since playing JVM's, but the DSL looks like an 800 or 900 from afar, same amount of channels and knobs. Getting into 3 and 4 channel territory you can see it's not an old school Marshall.

I wonder if Vinnie owns any amps that he actually does like to use?
drmoorejr

Post by drmoorejr »

Genebaby wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:18 am The DSL100 is a pretty good amp. I have a TSL100 that I no longer use since playing JVM's, but the DSL looks like an 800 or 900 from afar, same amount of channels and knobs. Getting into 3 and 4 channel territory you can see it's not an old school Marshall.

I wonder if Vinnie owns any amps that he actually does like to use?
If he does, he will try selling them for $250,000.00 plus an extra $1,000 for an autograph on it. But he might as well sell them if he isn't gonna play music.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Only $1000 for the autograph? I heard it went up to $1500, but then again, the sky is the limit for such a treasure as Vinnie's signature. You are honoured to even be allowed to pay for it.

You're right though on the amps. Mere mortals can only imagine what studio and stage used amplifiers would go for on the Vinnie market.

Apple have nothing on Vinnie when it comes to crazy pricing. They are small fry, Vinnie is in the big leagues.