Vinnie's guitars - where are they?

Talk about Vinnie's equipment
Genebaby
Site Admin

Vinnie's guitars - where are they?

Post by Genebaby »

So Vinnie had a few Jacksons, a Carvin, a Washburn, an Ibanez and of course a Pear.

Where are these guitars now? What does Vinnie have left?

I heard ages ago that Vinnie didn't have much of his old VVV collection but I've not seen these guitars so they seem to be hiding.

Anybody got any clues or ideas?
Commander in chief - VVF Army
teej

Post by teej »

they are probably sat propped against the wall nxt to the wigs, GFH and the archives tapes .. wasting away to nothing like the ´man´himself :P
metatron

Post by metatron »

teej wrote:they are probably sat propped against the wall nxt to the wigs, GFH and the archives tapes .. wasting away to nothing like the ´man´himself :P
I feeling the love Teej :D :D :D
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

LMAO WITH TEEJ!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Think about it. In 96 for the Euphoria press confernce he had only the pink Rhoads with one pickup as used at Expos at he time.

Where is the guitar on the CD front cover?

Is there even a picture of him holding/using the Pear?

I'm serious, where did they go?

I want one!!
metatron

Post by metatron »

Ok, I fuss you. ahhhhhhh I got them :D
metatron

Post by metatron »

NOT! :cry:
teej

Post by teej »

you can have mine for a price hahahaha
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Oooh, lucky I don't have any money!!!!! :shock:
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

It's hard to believe that Vinnie gave David Snowden the PROTOTYPE Randy Rhoads model that Randy and Grover worked on . It's hard to believe that Grover initially gave it to Vinnie. Not seeing the guitar also stirs up speculation being that Vinnie's money issues could've been SOLVED with that guitar !!!

Is David Snowden cool enough to show us that guitar ? It should be in a museum(The tentative Randy Rhoads museum ) OR at the Jackson Guitars main office being displayed proudly as the TEMPLATE for the company !!!
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Jackson the company is very different now than the one who made that guitar so I wouldn't want them to have it. Fender have done some good things as owners and some crappy things.

Clearly by 96 Vinnie didn't have a VVV guitar to use.

I don't know of any Jackson collectors with an ex Vinnie owned VVV in their collection, these guitars must be somewhere.

Did Vinnie sell them to some fans we don't know about?
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Genebaby wrote:Jackson the company is very different now than the one who made that guitar so I wouldn't want them to have it. Fender have done some good things as owners and some crappy things.

Clearly by 96 Vinnie didn't have a VVV guitar to use.

I don't know of any Jackson collectors with an ex Vinnie owned VVV in their collection, these guitars must be somewhere.

Did Vinnie sell them to some fans we don't know about?

i heard that Richie Ranno bought a lot of stuff from Vinnie to later sell
this stuff on ebay
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Well Drew the Deleted (Full Shred/ VVV) runs into Richie Ranno a lot. Somebody get a hold of Drew and have him to grill Ranno. :D

-PB71-

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I bought some signed VVI cd's from Ritchie last week! He doesn't want to say anything at the moment.

There are quite a few guitars missing, Vinnie doesn't seem to even have left one for himself.
Batman

Post by Batman »

Genebaby wrote:I bought some signed VVI cd's from Ritchie last week! He doesn't want to say anything at the moment.

There are quite a few guitars missing, Vinnie doesn't seem to even have left one for himself.
How do we know this? from a good source?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I am just speculating due to the fact that from what little we've seen of Vinnie he's never had a cool guitar in his hands since the 80's.

I had heard a long time ago that Vinnie didn't have them but that was just something I heard.

From the 90's on the only guitar he's been seen with is the pink Rhoads that I can recall.
teej

Post by teej »

Tom Paleckie (or whatever is spelled) stated on the dubv forum he sent VV the guitar he built for him .. I dont have the pix of it in it´s case .. but guitars dont vanish .. I recall Ace talking about a bunch of guitars he had in storage in some warehouse in NYC .. possibly the same with VV´s stuff .. shame he´s too much of a pussy to discuss further
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

You have to wonder why he would not bring out the VVV shown on the EP cover at the press conference.

Makes me think he didn't have it available.

Hey, maybe they went in the bankruptcy case(s)?
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

They're probably with the Arc of the Covenant in that big warehouse!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
metatron

Post by metatron »

Here is a pic I took of my AZG Pear VVV :shock: (ah gotcha :!: ) I have no idea where I got this Picture of the AZG Pear from, but here it is. Even the case looks cool. F**ken 'urban myth guitar' is driving us insane LOL.
doublev

Post by doublev »

I believe he has all his guitars , just can not say so for legal reasons due to bankruptcy. Could you imagine how much he would try to sell those for.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I agree with Dino. Vinnie still has them.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I guess they should have been gone due to bankruptcy, so I suppose if he does have them they'll be laying low....seems logical.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Even if you're desperate,you don't get rid of a perfectly good Jackson guitar. The only chance we may get to see those guitars is when Vinnie is out of debt. The sooner he releases product ,the better for everyone.

NEWBEGINNINGS
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

In the Guitar World (Vai and Sheehan cover) article for the first album,it said Vinnie owns six Rhoads V's. Three of them were made for Randy. I asked Randy's brother about this and he said it was NOT true.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I'd like to see that article Rick.......

Vinnie was the first person to use the Rhoads in the market place. I don't think he got any of Randy's guitars.

Randy had the White Concord, then the black/brass one was delivered and he used that a bit.

There was one other guitar being built for Randy at the time of his passing which became the template for the case manufacturer and was left unfinished for a long time.

A few years ago now the guitar was purchased and finished and it belongs to a JCF (Jackson/Charvel Forum) member.

Then there was a white guitar that was sold my accident at a busy NAMM which also resurfaced a few years ago.

No other guitars were on the cards for Randy, he died too soon. :cry:
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Check out

http://www.randyrhoads.tk/

For all the answers about the Rhoads V. Click on "Randy's 3rd Jackson" and all will be revealed. There's a scummy guy called shramiac on that board too :wink: . Also on that board if you search, there is a photo of what people thought was the 3rd model (a black one with a fender style trem) which is the one I ask about and that question gets answered too! Basically, Vinnie got the 5th, 6th & 7th Rhoads made. BUT, he was still the first guy to commercially use them besides Randy.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

D'OH! Click on General Rhoads Talk first! Then Randy's 3rd guitar!
Possio

Post by Possio »

I remember an instance where the guitarist for the "Stone Roses" brit pop/rock band, Manchester, ( Teej may remember?) lost his 59 Les Paul,
and were talking bout a real 59 here, in a case with the record company.
It was in the contract that the Rec Company (who forked over a lot of dow
as an advance to the band) could recoup a lot of the band members assets (incl guitars) if the band was in "breach of contract" ,as in: breaking up before
all records/Cd´s obligations etc were fulfilled.

So, If I was Mr C, naturally I´d hide anything precious from the evil powers
of a bancrupcy case. I mean, if they tell you that you "owe" the label like $500.000 dollars or whatever a few of your old precious guitars is not gonna
make a huge diffence. So, I do the same thing: tuck ém away. But, that´s just me...../
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yes, that does make sense....but it's a situation where you can't openly use and enjoy them. Like people with stolen artwork, keeping them hidden in private collections cause they can't tell the world they have them. Sad.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Sounds similar to something that one of our favorite guitar players must be doing. Wouldn't it be great to see recent pictures of certain guitars?

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I am guessing that won't happen any time soon. He may show off some new ones, if he ever does a new photoshoot and interview.
saintandsinner

Post by saintandsinner »

Hi all new here and longtime vinnie fan.I remember reading an article in a magazine in the 80s where vinnie stated that he went through guitars alot because he was always breaking them.That he had thrown one of the double vs into a wall at the studio because it would not stay in tune.God if I only had one of those jacksons he had I would baby that thing more than my wife..
doublev

Post by doublev »

Hi. Welcome.
I think most stuff said in the 80s by vvi was for effect to seem cool to the kids. I suspect all of it as not true including breaking guitars etc.
saintandsinner

Post by saintandsinner »

Notice though that the pink rhoads he was using at the convention was signed by him on the front so im sure he no longer has that either and sold it while he was there.He has a history of selling off his gear from what i have been told...
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Vinnie reportedly peed on a guitar, Robert has said this. Clearly he wasn't being too careful with them.

To a pro muso, guitars are just tools.
Sandimas

Post by Sandimas »

The pink convention Rhoads seems to be what ended up in Cardiff Hard Rock, and it also has some hallmarks of being the Gold/later pink one. The refinished headstock probably came about when the point needed repaired same time as the whole guitar was refinished. Reason for believing it's the same guitar is the pearl inlays gave the same dark/light areas and the headstock has holes leftover from the Floyd retainer bar.
doublev

Post by doublev »

but what about the controls. they look to be different?

By the way that picture of the Pear in the case was posted on pyro's old board by Tom himself.
doublev

Post by doublev »

Bobby also said that peeing story was true.
Sandimas

Post by Sandimas »

The controls, pickguard, trem and pickups are all things that can be changed and you have to remove them all to repaint the guitar. Other things I'd like to check on the Cardiff guitar are the heel strap button position and the tuners, both of which may reveal more about the guitars origins.
doublev

Post by doublev »

i go back to cardiff at the end of the week and i'll bring a better camera with a flash too.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Dino, The manager said that you could take the guitar off the wall. Call in advance and have them take it down and put into a room where you can take a lot of proper pictures of it. :D :D :D
Rick

NEWBEGINNINGS
saintandsinner

Post by saintandsinner »

I am going to pee on one my guitars now :lol:
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

saintandsinner wrote:I am going to pee on one my guitars now :lol:
I'm sure the article had a disclaimer on it, "Kids, don't try this at home"...... :shock:
doublev

Post by doublev »

Okay, I will ask if I can take it down. I wish an expert lived near and I would go with them. Does anyoe knows w from the Jackson forums if a good guy lives in Wales or Bristol areas?
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Genebaby wrote:I'd like to see that article Rick.......

Vinnie was the first person to use the Rhoads in the market place. I don't think he got any of Randy's guitars.

Randy had the White Concord, then the black/brass one was delivered and he used that a bit.

There was one other guitar being built for Randy at the time of his passing which became the template for the case manufacturer and was left unfinished for a long time.

A few years ago now the guitar was purchased and finished and it belongs to a JCF (Jackson/Charvel Forum) member.

Then there was a white guitar that was sold my accident at a busy NAMM which also resurfaced a few years ago.

No other guitars were on the cards for Randy, he died too soon. :cry:
Here you go Baby!

http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/ss27 ... an0002.jpg

http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/ss27 ... an0003.jpg

http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/ss27 ... an0004.jpg

I've still got all the interviews on photobucket that I posted on the old board if anyone wants me to repost here let me know.
doublev

Post by doublev »

nice, but the first mistake.,, vinnie was not a brooklyn native. All these articles are full of errors.
doublev

Post by doublev »

also he was married the whole time so i wonder what he is talking about pissing girlfriends off. I think most stuff in the 80s was for effect and not truth.

If he had 6 Rhoads V's then it could be believed the Cardiff one is one of them.

I know of the two reverse inlay ones, the white and the black one plus the pink one in the lick it up video with the normal jackson inlays. That makes 5 so the Cardiff one could be the 6th if its not the ones in the picture. However i remember a picture of VV after he left Kiss at NAMM with a pink Rhoads with student neck so that may have been the 6th unless it was just picked up from the jackson booth.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I think the talk of girls is just typical posturing, and maybe to ward off any gay rumours, lol.... :wink:

How well documented was his marriage? He even had the girls then.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Shram, Thanks for putting that up. It's difficult for me to do so... Please post that(as well as the other stuff you have) in the interview section .

Saint, I actually peed on one of my guitars in the late 1980's after reading that article about Vinnie.I poured motor oil on it, threw it in the dirt, lit it on fire,etc... I still have the guitar. :shock: :shock: :shock:

NEWBEGINNINGS