Vinnie and Washburn

Talk about Vinnie's equipment
Genebaby
Site Admin

Vinnie and Washburn

Post by Genebaby »

Looking at my VVI Fan Club stuff today I notice a little section about equipment endorsements from each member. This is what Vinnie says:

"Laney is distributed by Washburn guitars. Washburn will be marketing my Vinnie Vincent model guitar. Nothing will change my pink Jakson. It's a big part of me. It'll be the same guitar except it'll say Washburn on the neck. they have big plans for advertising in all the magazines"

What happened to all that now? We know he did get a guitar made and then nothing.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
doublev

Post by doublev »

never saw that. So Washburn were supposed to be before Carvin it looks like. It never happened.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

It was something he said for the fan club at the time. Something that never eventuated.....
doublev

Post by doublev »

wow. good find. that fan club pissed me off. i sent two checks and never got anything. the guy who ran it obviously missed me each time.
Batman

Post by Batman »

doublev wrote:wow. good find. that fan club pissed me off. i sent two checks and never got anything. the guy who ran it obviously missed me each time.
Was this the first Fan club or the one that David ran during the ASG period?
doublev

Post by doublev »

Sent off a check in late 1987 and then in 1988 before asg. But memory is not perfect . I also bought some posters and 2 shirts from a company advertising in metal edge who cashed the check and never sent anything. I had bad luck in those days or I fucked up my address. LOl
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I bought some stuff from Metal Edge back in the day, got it ok.

My stuff is from David's fan club.
poserboy71

Re: Vinnie and Washburn

Post by poserboy71 »

I need to send David another reminder. It seems that the Vinnie insanity has died a bit to the point of him possibly answering those questions.

I hope he has some trinkets of the old fan club to share with us.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
ankh

Post by ankh »

“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
ankh

Post by ankh »

“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
gonnarock

Post by gonnarock »

Great find ankh!!! :D 'The Viper' very cool name for a guitar, and the color is truely unique too. Would have been an interesting switch to see Vinnie playing a bright green guitar and a some what normal shape too. Green is a great color for him, brings out his eyes so this would have definately been very cool to see him with. :D
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Strange pickup config for Vinnie's use on the Viper there. Can't see him playing that guitar at all.

I did for a short time have one of the MG Series as my second guitar ever. It was see through red, clear pickguard, HSS config with Gold Floyd/hardware. I took it back, it just wasn't me and got a Gibson Flying V. Dual hums, much better.

Now I appreciate a super strat more.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Genebaby wrote:Strange pickup config for Vinnie's use on the Viper there. Can't see him playing that guitar at all.
I agree. Not for him I'd guess. Unless he was going to do country music with it!!!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
gonnarock

Post by gonnarock »

Genebaby wrote:it just wasn't me and got a Gibson Flying V. Dual hums, much better.
You cannot go wrong with a Gibson Flying V. I love mine so much. A lot of people say when you buy Gibson products you are just buying the name brand but its so much more than that. Those guitars have a soul. I just, I am in love with my guitar :lol:
n3p

Post by n3p »

gonnarock wrote:
Genebaby wrote:it just wasn't me and got a Gibson Flying V. Dual hums, much better.
You cannot go wrong with a Gibson Flying V. I love mine so much. A lot of people say when you buy Gibson products you are just buying the name brand but its so much more than that. Those guitars have a soul. I just, I am in love with my guitar :lol:
Never tried a Gibson V, but I must say (flame suit on) that I just can't get on with Les Pauls. They look nice, but too heavy for me and the couple I have tried never lived up to the hype, quite muddy sounding infact :shock: (although I've heard quality control isn't so great with Gibson these days)

An SG is a different story though 8)

Nick
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

My LP doesn't sound muddy, sounds fantastic, and it used to be my main player live but not anymore. The best LP I ever played was a Jimmy Page model, it was fantastic!

Post by 1031 »

Genebaby wrote:My LP doesn't sound muddy, sounds fantastic, and it used to be my main player live but not anymore. The best LP I ever played was a Jimmy Page model, it was fantastic!
My 2 LP are my mains and not muddy at all, its a a ear adjust thing I always thought the same thing when I played strats and tele's
Guitars good, drugs booze.. bad

The worlds best qoute ever
"take your Massengill-soaked vibrator from your wretched gutter clam"
gonnarock

Post by gonnarock »

n3p wrote:
gonnarock wrote:
Never tried a Gibson V, but I must say (flame suit on) that I just can't get on with Les Pauls. They look nice, but too heavy for me and the couple I have tried never lived up to the hype, quite muddy sounding infact :shock: (although I've heard quality control isn't so great with Gibson these days)

An SG is a different story though 8)

Nick
I played my uncle's Les Paul and I really liked the sound and feel, but you are right they are heavy. I was playing his sitting down. :mrgreen: Never played an SG, but I think I might like it. :D