A killer Jackson VVV

Talk about Vinnie's equipment
Genebaby
Site Admin

A killer Jackson VVV

Post by Genebaby »

I figured this belonged here best as it's not part of my guitar collection.

This is a totally killer VVV that was on Ebay about 7 or 8 years ago. It was in Australia and I tried my best to make the guy an offer I could afford to snag it off him.

It was famous in Jackson guitar circles as the seller was asking $10k for it and it got noticed.

Unfortunately at the time the US$ was much stronger against the AU$ so when an offer for more $$ came from the US the other guy one, as his offer translated into much more AU$ than what I could come up with. Not $10k though.

During this time I was sooo excited at the possibility of having this guitar, but it was not to be.

I really love it, it's almost perfect. The only thing I would have preferred different is that the headstock colours be reversed so it was a silver logo on a red headstock, otherwise I love the big sparkle paint in red/silver and that fact that it is a 24 fret model too. The gold hardware lends a touch of elegance as well.

It's almost unheard of for someone in the US to buy a Jackson from overseas and ship it back to the US. Normally they could get something similar in the US and have it shipped for $30, not $300, but this is of course no ordinary guitar.

This was a pain as usually being a VV fan would mean easy pickings for a fan related item, but when this item is a VVV Jackson guitar I was competing against people who weren't necessarily a big fan of Vinnie, they just wanted a rare Jackson for their collection. More's the pity.

Anyway, here she is. My VVV that never was.

Lil' Jack Horny

Post by Lil' Jack Horny »

I beleive Vinnie was pictured with a guitar of this same scheme in an old magazine. I have the picture of him with it, I just don't know how to post pics x([/img]
I prowl the innocent, forbidden terrain, unleashed half human, half insane
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I wouldn't know whether to play it or fuck it being that it's so beautiful.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Man, I lusted after that guitar soooo bad......wish I had it.
Commander in chief - VVF Army