The 1988 Carvin VVV

Talk about Vinnie's equipment

The 1988 Carvin VVV

Post by 1031 »

The '89 catalog showed this interesting photo of guitarist Vinnie Vincent, which was taken from his video "Love Kills". Although the X100B stacks are obviously Carvin, less obvious is the one-off VVV Carvin that Vinnie is playing (VVV = Vinnie Vincent V). This evidently was created as a counterpart to the Jackson VVV's that Vinnie normally played, which were originally designed for guitar legend Randy Rhodes, but never went into production due to Randy's untimely death. The Jackson models were made from 1986 to 1989, and the above Carvin model was made sometime around 1988. There were subtle differences between the Carvin and the Jackson - noteably, the Jackson had a standard inline headstock and sharkfin inlays, versus the reverse inline headstock and block inlays on the Carvin.
Guitars good, drugs booze.. bad

The worlds best qoute ever
"take your Massengill-soaked vibrator from your wretched gutter clam"
shramiac

Re: The 1988 Carvin VVV

Post by shramiac »

Yep.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Correct. It is also funny how people have mentioned that the guitar was featured in a Carvin catalog and I was dumbfounded as to when and where. This is my answer. I always focused on the amplifiers because those are what were being advertised as FOR SALE.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS

Post by 1031 »

Guitars good, drugs booze.. bad

The worlds best qoute ever
"take your Massengill-soaked vibrator from your wretched gutter clam"
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Such an 80's style on that catalog...lol....

That pic is where the silhouette image from DoubleV came from.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
erg2

Post by erg2 »

All of this just makes me think of the opportunities Mr. Cusano has had.
He not only had ONE guitar manufacturer build him a signature guitar...he had TWO!
He has had MULTIPLE recording contracts made available to him, from Mercury/Casablanca (KISS) > Chrysalis > Enigma > ???

How many opportunities were just shit away?

...but probably somebody else's fault...
Open your window and see the real world
To know what you've been missing
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
In a heart afraid to listen
ankh

Post by ankh »

Enigma folded,more or less like Bronze did just when Ace was ready to launch his recording solo career after quitting Kiss..........
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
erg2

Post by erg2 »

Understood that Enigma folded...but what if Vinnie hadn't spent 3 years trying to record Guitars From Hell? If he had finished the record in a timely manner, maybe we would have a 3rd album, maybe Enigma would've survived, maybe this tide of crap called his career wouldn't have washed over him?

I know that's a LOT of maybes...
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

erg2 wrote:He not only had ONE guitar manufacturer build him a signature guitar...he had TWO!

Ah.....actually he had 4! You forgot about Ibanez & Washburn!!!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Damn, Shram is sticking it to everyone lately !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :shock: 8) 8) 8)
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

If you count Pear / AZ and ESP you could say 6 manufacturers built Cusano a signature guitar. The Roman 3D V was also built, intended and initially endorsed to be a VV Signature Guitar even though due to Cusano's greed the deal fell apart. Liberally you might say 7 manufacturers. Ed Roman still can and still does build this guitar.

T.J. Monster - Has testimonials from members here of building a fine guitar but it is correct that this model has never been endorsed by Vinnie Vincent. For a player the Monster Guitar provides better value for the money but I'm not accessing it's collectibility or resale value.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Yeah, Kev you are correct! I was only going on the 86-88 "Vinnie was popular" timeline!!!!

But dang it! I did forget about the Rarebird!!!! Damn I'm an idiot!! :x :x :x
erg2

Post by erg2 »

Wow. I never realized how many companies tried to build & sell a signature model for this guy! He really could have owned the world...

Makes me wonder how many POTENTIAL recording deals he was offered and, due to his Vinnie-ness, shat away?
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
Bassfromhell

Post by Bassfromhell »

1031 wrote:Here is the page in the catalog

http://www.carvinmuseum.com/decade/imag ... ncent.html
That's a great pic of Vinnie! I absolutely love Carvin amps, been using them for many years.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

enigma didn't fold they were bought by capitol
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

robert said that vv signed with enigma then tried to shop the album to other labels while enigma paying for the recording and enigma got wind of it and dropped the whole project and vv never found another deal or any label willing to pay his price. Enigma were actually owened by capital at the time and were wound down but not bankrupt
Bye Bye