more Jackson VVV's

Talk about Vinnie's equipment
mp5999

more Jackson VVV's

Post by mp5999 »

ok, whats the story from these? any info? any other pics or details?
I remember seeing / discussing these on the old forums but I dont remember much that was said.

poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

The pink VVV belongs to Drew (VVV- on this board). It is signed by Mark, Dana, and Bobby. It awaits Vinnie's signature. GOOD LUCK on that !!

I don't know who owns the silver/black VVV but I'm about to make a pilgrimage to Valencia ,California and hunt that fucker down !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

-PB71-
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
teej

Post by teej »

mp5999

Post by mp5999 »

teej, whatsup with this one? Is it available??
teej

Post by teej »

the silver / black are pix of the same guitar .. one from the Jackson website from yrs ago and then the guy posted pix of it when he got it home in front of the truck I guess .. other than that I know nothing about it at all .. sorry
teej

Post by teej »

actually I have just realised .. different pickup on the guitars .. I gues they arent the same one after all .. somewhere out there there are 2 almost identical guitars from the same era Custom Shop models
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

nice
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

It may still be the same guitar but not sure. Some people don't want EMG's in their guitars so it may have been swapped. Can't remember if I ever saw that one on the Jackson board.

Drew's is funny in that it has the same shoulders as a Rhoads or King V, so it's different and rare. It has a Jackson JT6 which was not a bad trem when new but they wear out and you can't get new parts for them.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
doublev

Post by doublev »

drew's guitar is a total mystery. I wondered if that was going to be a show piece at namm or something. its always confused me that it wasn't an exact copy of vinnie's and they didn't paint the headstock pink.And why the pick ups and trem were not the same as vinne too. Its certianly a great find and his pride and joy.

Teejs is just as much a mystery. i wish mike shannon could let us all know about the history of those guitars.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

All guitars were custom ordered from Jackson/Charvel back then. If you saw a white Soloist in a shop, someone ordered a white Soloist with those exact specs. Even if it was nothing special, Jackson didn't build it unless the order was in with the boxes ticked.

My guess is someone wanted a VVV with Rhoads shoulders. Changes like that were not a problem back then. Pretty much all the Jacksons from 87/88 got the JT6 trem once they had it available, until they went to the much better Schaller in 89.

The exception back then was if you supplied your own Original Floyd for your guitar, Jackson would then put it on. This used to happen in the early days when Kahlers were standard as Kramer owned the rights to put a Floyd on a guitar. So if you were having a Jackson built and wanted a Floyd on it you were able to buy it and send it to the factory.

Bit of Jackson trivia there for you....
poserboy71

Re:

Post by poserboy71 »

teej wrote:Image
I wonder if it's the Mike's Music in Cincinnati , Ohio ???
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Re: more Jackson VVV's

Post by shramiac »

Did a search and this silver/black one was brand new and would have just been delivered from the Ontario CA factory in 97'!!!!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yeah, they took those photos back then of new guitars just finished.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

It's funny that the guy put a Duncan in it so quickly after buying it? It still looks mint in the "Duncan" photo.

That shadow on the heel makes it look like it was cut that way too!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Yeah Jackson were making them in late 90s to early 2000s for $2000
Bye Bye