ASG Pear

Talk about Vinnie's equipment
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

you go TEEJ!!
i agree we all should have tjs guitar

heres a thought ...maybe this could eventually be a different forum not as centered around VV so much but more around the great people who hang here and shit we like like kick ass guitars!! and great bands in general
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

We already touched on that and felt that we can still be fans of Vinnie. For now it will stay as is.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

We are still united as Vinnie fans, but have other interests of course.

We come for the Vinnie, but stay for the coolness..... 8)
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

i get it . VV it is then..

btw ill be floating in and out im booking more shows in NY , and CT . possible Canada if any ones near by im always happy to hang... \M/
teej

Post by teej »

coolness indeed .. sad but true VV has some of the most insane but cool fans ever .. I dont give a shit what the board is called .. but so many friends is awesome
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

i agree teej i lost one madman but gained a ton of cool new friends... more than a fair trade IMO
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Chris,
Did you get kicked off the other board or are you still a member of both?

Kev
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

He got kicked off the other one....you still can't be a member of both it seems.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Sick
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

deleted i was yes yes
doublev

Post by doublev »

being honest with your name will get you deleted.
doublev

Post by doublev »

he doesn't want fans, this is a clear indication. but he does want people to buy the guitar if its back on like its being suggested. If you're deleted can you buy the guitar?
will they take your deposit and then say sorry man, your not a true fan. Beat it!! Or file for bankruptcy before delivery. If you have a new product you got to have inventory and maybe they do. But deposits for an unknown commodity is very risky. If they had the first few on sale with a trusted retailer, then its a different story and maybe that will happen.

Anyone who likes your music should be treated with respect. No one is coming in that board or this board saying anything bad about his music and we are just asking questions why we are being deleted and why he is not coming clean about the ownership of the boars and spyder and susie.q-rocks.
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

he wants your money but your better off getting a guitar from TJ i guarentee it will be 100 time better than anything vinnie puts out. un less its some well known guitar builder.
doublev

Post by doublev »

i don't know tj or tom's guitars so it all guess work, but i do think tom is very good. i do not know exactly who he worked for. i heard that vinnie was blown away with tom's guitars in the late 80s at a visit to NAMM. I am not sure if he worked on vinnie's washburn or not like it says somewhere. i got a feeling thats not true.
but on the other hand some people love tj's work. i suppose not everyone is going to like everything so its more what fits the guitarist. An official vv guitar (if it has a signed letter etc) i think will hold value unless all v fans have been expelled. tj's guitars are great value I think, however and you can get them exactly how you want them.
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

an officail VV guitar i dont think will make a difference at that crazy price point the only part that will .. it might help if he autographs it or what have you.. to the insane die hard crazy few fans it will for sure .... but to player or any one who even just liked the way it looks .....quailty will be the deal breaker . no one wants to buy a guitar for 8,000 dollars thats officail.. and you cant even play it befor you buy it ... espcially when your really getting a 2-3,000 dollar at the 8,000 dollar price.

now if he did a deal with dean or (whom ever)and it was a signature model at different price points the highest for a say a usa custom around 3 grand... i can see it retaining value and i can see the kids buying it all day long .especially a koren model for 899.99

so really if you think bout it you cant go wrong with "Monster" guitar at his price point its a hand made usa custom, with quality parts totally custom-izeable .. tj makes a great neck and he has the abilty to copy neck profiles.
if you so desire

i play zion guitars ( i have an artist deal with them ) they are second to none.. hand made and all that like suhr, anderson ect.. .. i priced out at one point a usa strat for around a grand ... but i can get zions usa e series radicaster made in the shop just like the hand made custom for street cost (any one can get this price ) for 1500 .....think quailty, price, and value. makes sense in this case id buy the zion for 500 more id get 2 times the guitar ..

but if i can get the same quality guitar if not better for 4-5 grand less why would i buy an officail VVV? players and price points.

unless the pear guy has a reputation for making insane guitars ( ive never heard of him ever and i have been to namm a few times) like anderson suhr, sadowsky, brian moore, buddy blaze .. ect i cant see it selling for 8 grand and even if he did have that reputation i think its an impossible sell

just my 2 cents... for what its worth .
doublev

Post by doublev »

i have a zion from the 80s. very 80s looking, in fact i can not be seen with it until i get a respray. amazing guitars however.

maybe v will read this and realize he has to lower the price. But even at half price its a tall order for most. its hard to know if sales will come in. I think I knew 3 people who were certain until they got deleted from the old board.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I don't believe Grover Jackson can sell an $8,000.00 guitar in this day and age. Remember those Charvel guitars (Grover series) from a few years back? They had to drop the prices immensely because the prices were ridiculous. Not all people are millionaires. They have to realize that the people buying these guitars are mainly the middle class ,blue collar workers, that have to save the money to buy a $2,000.00 guitar.

Welcome to REALITY, Poserboy71

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

i think the reputation is going to be vinnie. maybe its enough, maybe not.

if it was made through a famous brand they would get sales from non vv fans.

it could be possible for pear to make the guitar for a trusted brand too but I bet that would add on an extra 1k. Drew gets deals done at Dean and I think other brands and it maybe smart to work with him, but then again too many people involved. I doubt Dean would offer a guitar at 8 k though and i am not keen on them myself (looks wise) even though i trust they play well.
doublev

Post by doublev »

well lets hope some good comes out of this and v takes note of the price. the guitar should be there to accompany the new music as most of us will just enjoy looking at the catalog but never be able to get anything out of it. The music is the big thing and lets hope if that happens its not speedball jamm 2
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Whatever the music is, let's get the ball rolling already. I'll take Speedball Jam 2 as a warm-up.

NEWBEGINNINGS
teej

Post by teej »

doublev wrote:i think the reputation is going to be vinnie. maybe its enough, maybe not.

if it was made through a famous brand they would get sales from non vv fans.

it could be possible for pear to make the guitar for a trusted brand too but I bet that would add on an extra 1k. Drew gets deals done at Dean and I think other brands and it maybe smart to work with him, but then again too many people involved. I doubt Dean would offer a guitar at 8 k though and i am not keen on them myself (looks wise) even though i trust they play well.
]

played a few low end Deans and they were hellish bad
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I think the sales will be hella slow. It's one thing being a fan and wanting a VVV, it's another coughing up 8grand for a guitar you can't play and with a limited dealer network.

Once we find out the final selling price and how they intend to support it and how it will be sold, ie, who you give the money to, we'll have a better idea on how successful it may be.

All the fans are hanging for the music as that's something everyone can afford, hopefully.....we think....lol...
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

The middle and high end are good though. I have a few older Deans that ROCK. Dean Zelinsky isn't at Dean Guitars anymore (He sold his share). He now runs DBZ guitars.

I agree that Vinnie has to think of a bigger production angle. He will make more money. Think about how many years it's been since George Lynch has released any POPULAR music yet he still has 6 to 8 signature models in the E.S.P. catalog. George's guitars still sell

****** Vinnie, It will be MANY years before I can save up to buy an $8,000.00 guitar. Please consider this MORE affordable option. You will sell more guitars and make more money. Repeat customers will also be a better possibility.*******

-PB71-

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

i think its good market research. i agree. even if pear makes the guitar for someone else , he is going to sell more, and especially if its more like 2.5k or maybe as high as 3.5k. Obviously working with jackson again would be the best idea. seems like dean is not as popular as i thought, someone i trust says the highend ones are very good, but its all what your used to i suspect.
i play an old 60s Meazzi and most people hate it but I'm used to it and no other guitar is as warm sounding if not a little blunt.

i do want to support v on this and you know maybe they want to only sell a few for a lot than make a lot for less.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I believe that if he followed the 'LYNCH' way, at least he could make some money AND please his fans. I believe a TRIUMPHANT return to Jackson guitars would be very cool. He could release the 'Vinnie Vincent' Randy Rhoads model complete with non fine-tuning Floyd Rose and reverse shark fin inlays.The guitar comes in Pink or Gold. (((Take note of all of the signature 'LES PAUL' guitars out there!!--Slash ,Ace,Sykes, Schon,etc...)))
----And OBVIOUSLY release the VVV in the three popular color schemes.

Just a Fantasy,

-PB71-

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

brad gillis and ed roman buy up those non fine tuning floyds. i think brad has a big stock pile. ed roman was going to make some last year but who knows what the quality is like. it would be cool if v explained why he liked those, even if he hates our guts he could tell us that.

by the way vinnie, an out stretched arm goes along way.its the best option for all of us.
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

my great f friend john bruno of obsession ordered a dean vendetta from the custom shop .. it hasnt arrived yet but they made it to his specs so far the pics are insane the made a compound radius jackson soloist profile neck .. we are all very excited bout it ill let you know how great it is or lack there of..

dean can make a great guitar with or with out dean z. there import stuff comes from the same plants like every one else. korea only has like 3 plants

there solteros were great ... and the deciever is killer .. i havent played too many of the super strats but id like to jam on vinnie moores signature model see what its about.

dino you arent going to refin that zion are ya ??

cb
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

as far as pear doing a ghost bulid ?? makes no sense .. the larger companys have very very talented luithiers in there shops some of the best in the world ..

weve talked bout ed roman ( he dosnt build shit in fact hes justa old biker dude trying to make/steal a buck. but the guys who do build his guitars for him ( his employees ) are all former jackson custom shop / ect ect employess.. also more authentic in my book thats some unknown dude @ pear guitars...

i have had roman make a kramer baretta EVH style that came out stunning for a friend .. hes very exspensive and a dick but his guys make great stuff on the as-build side of things. not sure if any one else has ever gotten anything from him but thats my story.

how ever ghost building if that were the case (highly unlikely) then why not hire TJ he has made more VVV's consistantly than anyone in the world . all the research and development of the guitars mechanics on how to build it would be done ..just a matter of having him do it.

and getting the ball rolling .
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Sounds like a solid idea Chris. Problem is, TJ would get his fair cut as normal and Vinnie would still want 8k for it and keep the rest!!!

I haven't had a Roman but it makes sense if he's got quality guys building he'll turn out good stuff, which keeps a good reputation going. I've heard he's good at replica guitars. The problems start when he passes them off as genuine, which I've also heard.

I wonder what really happened between Vinnie and him?
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

well thats why with tj you should just buy direct from him he dosnt make much on them.. and again tjs guitar will be every bit as good pears if not better sorry ...

now ed roman yea all those things are true ..
him and vinnie well if you know ed roman youll know hes an interesting "Character" put those 2 together

is like putting yngwie and richie black more in the same band on tour together

now that would INTERESTING
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

is like putting yngwie and richie black more in the same band on tour together
And how many seconds would that last?....lol....

I was thinking you were thinking Vinnie should go with a builder like TJ, which I figured would still cost us the same, only Vinnie's share would be bigger again!!

I've heard plenty about ol' Mr Roman, don't you worry, news gets around about guys like him.... :roll:
metatron

Post by metatron »

Guys, for 3K, I'll invest in this 7 string US made...
metatron

Post by metatron »

Guys, for 3K, I'll invest in this 7 string US made...
doublev

Post by doublev »

Look fair enough Vinnie is loyal to pear. Tom was thanked in the credits of euphoria. I wish he was as loyal to his fans. I know what you mean, pear has no reputation and even though I believe in Tom 100% you can not expect to charge more than 2.5k without earning your reputation . They maybe thinking of kiss fans too. Maybe kiss collectors are the only hope, but it must come with a signed document by Vinnie and Tom. I do think Tom is top class however. I am not sure if I am no longer respected by him but I always felt him to be a very nice man and I trust Vinnie would only want to work with the best. Vinnie would be smart to actually play the guitar on youtube or at least be photographed with it or the old pear.
Remember Tom from pear also worked with ed and ed still calls Tom a dear friend. ed actlly tells a story that Tom got deceived by Vinnie on something to do with him not returning a sample guitar. Couldn't tell you if what he says is true or not. The problem I find with ed is he makes clear lies and that's what would scare me about buying from him. He is a great old school character. I met him in new Orleans a few years back. he still calls Vinnie one of his favourite guitarists but he does add an adjective in the middle of that.
Got a little chocked up today about how horribly wrong this went and how stupid I was to believe him.
Last edited by doublev on Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

TRANSVESTITE !! **** What do I win?******* Why doesn't Vinnie sick his goons on that asshole? Ed Roman is the biggest perpetrator of those lies concerning Vinnie YET we are treated like WE are the ones spreading those falsehoods. FUCK ED ROMAN !!

-PB71-

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

When I spoke to ed and he said Bernie Rico had ripped people off by lying that he hand made Mason Bernard guitars when I was given all stages photos of mine with Bernie working from his garage is when I knew he was just trying to buy my guitar for cheap. He is a trickster and he doesn't hide it.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

He doesn't hide it VERY WELL even though he thinks he is !!

NEWBEGINNINGS
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

again as far as tom and kiss collectatble i think its safe to say its not worth it hell never sell it at 8 grand and no one will care. even at 6 grand.. no reputation.. think if vinnie COULD go to a great builder he would .. its obvious he cant for many reasons

oh yea again i hate ed like you do but his guys make great stuff and youll get a great guitar just cost you your soul and few other things

buy from tj youll be much happier :-P

he he he had to plug monster one more time..
metatron

Post by metatron »

doublev wrote: Got a little chocked up today about how horribly wrong this went and how stupid I was to believe him.
Dino, u did nothing wrong. Forget the past, you can’t change it. Have you hear the story about the scorpion & the frog. (It’s my favourite analogy for human beings) One beautiful glorious day, a scorpion & a frog are sitting at the edge of a lake. The scorpion says to the frog, ‘man, I really need to get across this lake, but I can’t swim. I’d really appreciate it if you could help me out’ The frog says, ‘how can I help’. The scorpion sits & thinks for a while. He then turns to the frog & says, ‘if I climb on your back & you jump across the lily pads we’ll get to the other side’. The frog then says to the scorpion, ‘but what happens if you string me’. The scorpion quickly replies, ‘frog, if I sting you, we will both drown, what would be the point of me doing that?’ The frog agrees to let the scorpion jump on his back. Half way across the lake, the scorpion stings the frog. The frog turns around to the scorpion as they both start to drown & says, ‘Why do you do that, why did you sting me’. The scorpion replies, ‘cause I am a scorpion, It’s what I do’

Cheer up little buckaroo. There is no way u could have predicted that it would have turned out like this. You sound like a really good guy & in this world good guys always come last. In saying that all you can do is learn from the experience., ‘Stay gold, Ponyboy. Stay gold’. At least you know when your head hits the pillow at night, you did nothing wrong & you can sleep soundly.
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

thats like predicting an earthquake happening
TJMonster

Post by TJMonster »

$8000 huh? Man I would parody the bulk of his collection. Just saying....
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

tj 8 grand , no guitar is worth 8 grand that players just play you and i know it your guitars as top of the line like every one elses you rawk !
TJMonster

Post by TJMonster »

Oh I'm just saying I could do 5 guitars for that price.
TJMonster

Post by TJMonster »

Oh but I do beg to differ on the worth, I know of some guitars that are worth that much. There's a guy in Indy that flys around the world finding the perfect trees and hand carves the accoustics and uses real pearl and other gems to inlays his masterpieces. His are that much but it's because of the work and art that these guitars are so special. They aren't ten g because of some ones ego and greed.
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

thats fine works of art?? or a tool to do my gig ??? thats is the almighty question if im buying art work then yes but to player 8 grand i cant see it... how ever yes your right 10 grand for some ones ego is wrong and i agree tj
and yes you could make 5 for that price i knew thats what you ment i never misunderstood that.. im just saying for 8-10 grand NO average PLAYER is going to even look at it.. even if they are a fan its way over priced. so ...

BUY MONSTER !!! :-P
TJMonster

Post by TJMonster »

Or 5! Lol. Golf season is almost over. Time to make the guitars.
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

we are gonna do that tele soon .. i gotta pay my wreckless driving ticket first LOL btw pm me your email
doublev

Post by doublev »

tj monster,

too bad you can not make golf clubs. Monster custom clubs.

not a fan of golf. i live on the side of a golf course and have had my bedroom window smashed 4 times in 3 years from rogue shots.
TJMonster

Post by TJMonster »

Oh I could Dino! I was a molder for a few years. I really don't care for that line of work. I quit while I still had all my fingers and limbs. Which is a rare thing in that business.
doublev

Post by doublev »

Dude you have all your fingers? That's way cool.