Jackson Mirror VVV

Talk about Vinnie's equipment
metatron

Jackson Mirror VVV

Post by metatron »

mp5999

Post by mp5999 »

wow, I was just on his site looking at this guitar like 4 seconds ago.
what an insane collection of badass guitars.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Cool concept but it does nothing for me. I believe the shadow V needs to be two contrasting colors to show just how over the top the design is.

--PB71--
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
mp5999

Post by mp5999 »

yes I agree . The mirror thing is cool but not for that guitar. And I dont think those inlays are right for it either.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I just think it's a badass guitar full stop!!!
Commander in chief - VVF Army
poserboy71

Re: Jackson Mirror VVV

Post by poserboy71 »

The owners of a local music store that recently went out of business (New York Music--- Boardman, Ohio) said that this guitar was delivered to the customer through their store. Hmmmmmmm. The fucker might be close. I should investigate.

NEWBEGINNINGS
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

What a great guitar! That's amazing...
Wow I'm impressed - that's totally my style of a unique guitar
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

poserboy71 wrote:The owners of a local music store that recently went out of business (New York Music--- Boardman, Ohio) said that this guitar was delivered to the customer through their store. Hmmmmmmm. The fucker might be close. I should investigate.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...................yes you should!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Iceman75

Post by Iceman75 »

Sorry, I don't like the mirror thingies.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I am not into the neck inlays . I do like it though.
Bye Bye
TJMonster

Post by TJMonster »

I would of used 2 different color mirrors. HMMMMmMMMMM......
I could have a silver mirror with purple mirror back shadows and even have the logo laser cut out of the purple mirror to contrast the logo on the chrome mirror...... Just saying....
If you want to talk Guitars, PM me!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Oh HELL YEAH!!!!!!
Commander in chief - VVF Army
metatron

Post by metatron »

I'm in two minds about it. I like it, but it should have had two different colored mirrors like Tj pointed out. I dislike the crosses on the fret board...should have been Ankhs (& smaller & maybe spun 90 degrees around.) And also I think it not having the Beveled Body due to the use of mirrors takes away from the shape & concept of a VVV. Still I wouldn't knock it back if I was given it.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
TJMonster

Post by TJMonster »

The bevels could be made with the contrasting colored mirror. That truly would be a $10,000 guitars. But, there is an option. Alsa Paint makes a MirraChrome that looks as good as real chrome plating. It can be sprayed over with candy colors to change its color. You could keep the bevels and even use different colors that way too.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

yeah, that metal stuff they put on the Remo Gold Crown drums is a spray on and its as hard as hell. like a better version of the 80s zolatone sprayed guitars i suppose. http://www.wembleydrumcentre.com/Catalo ... l-GS0951BZ http://cdn.mos.musicradar.com/images/Tu ... 460-70.jpg

i think your talking mirror finish.. wooops wrong thing!!
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

For me brown rules. A brown VV would be cool but because i play jazz i have no real need for a VV guitar. I would take a brown flake front with an orange flake back or burger bun yellow flake. What am I talking about????
Bye Bye
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

doublev2 wrote:For me brown rules.
Cue the jokes!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
TJMonster

Post by TJMonster »

Dino, you need a semi hallow body arch top shadow v...... Just saying.....

Heres the paint I was talking about.
[youtube][/youtube]
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

That looks easy!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :P :P :P

I remember back in 89' when Satch got his JS Ibanez painted chrome they mentioned how hard it was to get right!

Think you're right about the hollow shadow fin too TJ!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

tj, you sound up a semi hollow thing. I just never seem to have enough money , my wife would kill me at the present time if i bought a guitar. i just bought a crazy italian guitar for $100 and she wasn't too pleased. I would like something like this from you without the built in amp.. its like a rounded les paul, i am not sure if there is a real name for this style. Image
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

just a basic single cutaway. (I have been told the wood on the guitar above is beechwood, tj what does it look like to you?) I think i can not pull off the vv thing anymore . I would love the CC pick up in the neck and then something more like the old Gibson Dirty Fingers in the bridge or just a 59 paf http://www.ccpickups.co.uk/pickups.html I also love there ES250 knobs.

I would have to have 30s stlye tj monster brass decal made to be glued on. I am not sure what Tj would think of that.
Bye Bye
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

I'zza just luv myselves some Dino but dat mutha fuckah show do dig some ugly ass geeetarz!
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Looks like Paul Stanley modified himself a VVV...
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Slayer wrote:I'zza just luv myselves some Dino but dat mutha fuckah show do dig some ugly ass geeetarz!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Hey man, I am cool, I am the Breeze...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
This is not a Hate Forum Vinnie...Capisce!!?
Brooklyn has almost left the Building
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Brooklyn_Born wrote:
Slayer wrote:I'zza just luv myselves some Dino but dat mutha fuckah show do dig some ugly ass geeetarz!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: I love it when Kev goes all 19th century slave on us !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

the uglier the better. kev you got to realise one thing with me. I only like things i can afford which tends to be shit. like my cars too. lol. I dont spend much time thinking of things i have no money for.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

i like the les paul professional for its weird concept and ugliness. check out the history of it if you have time. Image
Bye Bye
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

doublev2 wrote:i like the les paul professional for its weird concept and ugliness. check out the history of it if you have time. Image

Absolutely fucking hideous! To ugly to even imagine without the picture provided LOL! :-)

Luv
Kev
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

yeah. thats why i like it. It was designed to be able to go straight into the desk without an amp. I like there sound a lot , very different. but yeah ugly.
Thanks Kev!! love ya'
Bye Bye
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

doublev2 wrote:the uglier the better. kev you got to realise one thing with me. I only like things i can afford which tends to be shit. like my cars too. lol. I dont spend much time thinking of things i have no money for.

Please, please, PLEASE don't post any pics of those awful cars!!! Wolfi's brain will explode!!!!
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

is this off topic or what.. a perfect time for a good car Image FSO from Poland.
Bye Bye
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Wolfi don't blame me! I warned Dino not to do it!!!! But he just can't resist! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

D, that is one ugly car man! :lol: you are an original... :!:

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
TJMonster

Post by TJMonster »

If I had that car, and the money for the paint, I would paint the whole thing in the mirrachrome, then use candy colors to paint a tiger skin pattern on it just to make it even more absurd....
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

beauty and the beast in car form.
Bye Bye
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

It looks like a Fiat 125!!!
metatron

Post by metatron »

doublev2 wrote:i like the les paul professional for its weird concept and ugliness. check out the history of it if you have time. Image

yeah. thats why i like it. It was designed to be able to go straight into the desk without an amp. I like there sound a lot , very different. but yeah ugly.
Dino, so does that guitar have a balanced output, Wondering if the whole pickup circuitry is balance. (Normal guitars are not balanced...meaning the ground & negative are in the same line & the positive is on it's own. Newer Desks will take unbalance inputs, but the old school monster Desks wouldn't. You have to use a Passive or Active Direct Injection Box to separate the ground & negative & therefore create a balanced input. I know the Seymour Duncan Blackouts have internal balance circuitry, but then the output from the guitar is unbalance. Meant to remove some of the noise.

Yes that is fuck'en fugly. But (Kev you will like this) have you seen some of the fugly beat up Les Pauls John James Sykes plays. And that Mofo rips it up on the fretboard. Mind you, he has got some nice ones too. These are two of the most ugly ones.

I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Great bit of history that black LP!!!

He's got an identical one that he says sounds like crap I read once!
TJMonster

Post by TJMonster »

My cousin has a mid 70s black beauty that looks almost as worn as that one. Worse in some spots. better in others.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

This is the history of the ugly Gibson http://jbwid.com/guitar/lpp01.htm
The polish car is a licensed fiat 125.
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

These were Lester's main guitars. Low impedance pickups.

I was speaking to Lou Pallo( guitarist in The Les Paul Trio) a few years back . I asked him how he achieved that beautiful shimmering clean tone. He said " Low impedance pickups and you run it through the amp HOT... ... if that makes any sense to you."

NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

doublev2 wrote:This is the history of the ugly Gibson http://jbwid.com/guitar/lpp01.htm
The polish car is a licensed fiat 125.
Hah! I knew that!!!!

Why did I know that??????
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

poserboy71 wrote:These were Lester's main guitars. Low impedance pickups.

I was speaking to Lou Pallo( guitarist in The Les Paul Trio) a few years back . I asked him how he achieved that beautiful shimmering clean tone. He said " Low impedance pickups and you run it through the amp HOT... ... if that makes any sense to you."

It wasn't his age that made him sit when he played! It was the weight of the guitar! See how thick the body is on that sucker! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

metatron wrote:

Dino, so does that guitar have a balanced output, Wondering if the whole pickup circuitry is balance. (Normal guitars are not balanced...meaning the ground & negative are in the same line & the positive is on it's own. Newer Desks will take unbalance inputs, but the old school monster Desks wouldn't. You have to use a Passive or Active Direct Injection Box to separate the ground & negative & therefore create a balanced input. I know the Seymour Duncan Blackouts have internal balance circuitry, but then the output from the guitar is unbalance. Meant to remove some of the noise.

Yes that is fuck'en fugly. But (Kev you will like this) have you seen some of the fugly beat up Les Pauls John James Sykes plays. And that Mofo rips it up on the fretboard. Mind you, he has got some nice ones too. These are two of the most ugly ones.

Love the beat up John Sykes LP but hate the Les Paul Jr :-)
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Ditto!
metatron

Post by metatron »

Yer the beat up John Sykes LP would have been slick when it was new. The Les Paul Jr looks like something I made in Woodwork. I would have called it the Firewood Series. (In my old band I use to call the Rythem Guitarist's crappy beat up Roadstar, 'the Ibanez Firewood Series' After years of promising me he was going to upgrade his guitar & actually buy his own amp, I gave in & would let him use my Laney Head & Quad & my Charvel model 4 for gigs & rehearsal ...To save ME the embarrassment)
metatron

Post by metatron »

Dino found this..might be up your alley. I even like it, in a weird furniture type of a way... :D
http://www.dhgate.com/hot-guitars-cus-r ... 656ff.html

Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

It's pretty...............pretty ugly! :lol:

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!