Vinnie's smashed guitar

Talk about Vinnie's equipment
Iceman75

Vinnie's smashed guitar

Post by Iceman75 »

I might be late on this, but has anyone noticed the guitar VV smashes in the Boyz Are Gonna Rock video is actually a modified Randy Rhoads model? You can tell by the small pickguard on the front which wasn't there at the beginning of the vid.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Vinnie's smashed guitar

Post by Genebaby »

Yeah, that has been noticed. It is fairly obvious unless you're not paying attention.

Real Jackson VVV's were not to be smashed up, but could be peed on it seems.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

i remember an interview about this and he said he smashed a lot of this VVV's but i think it was pure hype
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

VVV's cost $$$, he wouldn't have smashed any. You smash fakes, not the real deal. Unless you're The Who!!
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

i know ....but in the interview he said that were real VVV's
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

He said a lot of things in interviews Sammy.....
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

I'll bet my leftie that they were only cheap knock-offs of the Rhoads model! Hondo, Onyx or something equally as cheap! Maybe one of those guitars they used to sell in Faces or Metal Hammer magazines???
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
doublev

Post by doublev »

my dad managed a lot of bands in the 80s and the record companies and publicists as well as the band came up with bullshit lies to make the bands seem rock n roll and cool.

vv said he ran over the pink vv guitar with the tour bus at the end of the iron maiden tour,but basically he just re painted it silver. i suppose it worked as a cool story. its a shame that bands lied like that but everyone was doing it and it was all fun. I think its not possible these days to do it however.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

With cameras in everything you can't get away with stories like that. It would be on Youtube in no time.
quentin

Post by quentin »

I do believe that those were real Jacksons. It's not like he was on a low budget record co. The suits back then dropped alot, the 80s were competitive as to who could spend more than the next guy. I would bet they were real.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Maybe? But they definitely NOT Vinnie Vincent models as stated by the Invasion crew during interviews!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Watch the Headbanger's Ball footage when the director visits. That isn't a Jackson there. It looks like a Washburn to me ( Notice the Wonderbar ???)

[youtube][/youtube]
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
TJMonster

Post by TJMonster »

Thats a fake and its not even a vv design. its just a v design. its not thick like a real guitar either.
If you want to talk Guitars, PM me!
gonnarock

Post by gonnarock »

poserboy71 wrote: [youtube][/youtube]
I love this video. :D I love how cute and funny Vinnie is. And his jacket is really cool. I would love to have that. :D

I wish that I could have been in the 80s and turned on my tv and watched something fun and light hearted like this. Back when MTV was music television.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

As much as I like the 80s you can see way more metal on YouTube than mtv back then. Really only one or two metal shows on mtv. Headbangers ball being the ultimate. Z rock however was a great radio station to hear some more obscure metal . I think los Angeles had a great radio station too but I forgot the name.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

In my opinion the only way you could get the full spectrum of metal in the 80s was the ball., z rock and European magazines like kerrang, metal hammer and raw. Kerrang was weekly so you got news way ahead of the monthlies which also tended to concentrate on bigger metal bands.
Bye Bye
gonnarock

Post by gonnarock »

That is a good point. And with youtube you can access the videos any time you like. And watch them several hundred times. :D And yes, that is speaking from experience. :lol: Also with youtube you can watch videos that maybe only aired once or twice on tv. So youtube is a great thing, but I still wish I could have grown up in the 80s. I could have gone to concerts for $15. And all my favorite bands would have been on the magazines, and Vinnie's music would have been in the store so I could buy it in the store. Is it silly for me to dream about buying my favorite music in a store instead of online? :lol: But its okay. I guess buying it online is good too. :)
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

its good and bad. I feel people use it to listen to music in very low quality. I am unsure if its for the better or worse. It makes things very easy BUT it was so exciting waiting for the headbangers ball to start. These days I dont think it would have the same impact it had. Remember I am an old fart stuck in the old days.
Bye Bye
gonnarock

Post by gonnarock »

doublev2 wrote:its good and bad. I feel people use it to listen to music in very low quality. I am unsure if its for the better or worse. It makes things very easy BUT it was so exciting waiting for the headbangers ball to start. These days I dont think it would have the same impact it had. Remember I am an old fart stuck in the old days.
I have watched Headbanger's ball these days and its no good. I don't really like that metal music with the growl singing in it. A little of that is okay I guess, but I like a singer who I can understand the words of. :D I think that people do listen to music in low quality, that is why I like the records, I think that the digital sound of things is just too much. And I don't know if I am the only one who hears it, but does anyone else hear a faint high pitched like squeal sound on digital music? Its very irritating. haha.

I can imagine the excitment of waiting for Headbanger's ball in the 80s. It actually had fantastic bands on it and the shows structure was a lot cooler too. I have some old VHS tapes with a few episodes of Headbanger's ball on them that I got off ebay and its soo cool to see how much fun music was back then. I love it. You are so lucky. :)
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

it was on really late. I think Saturday night around 11pm EST for 3 hours.
Bye Bye
gonnarock

Post by gonnarock »

doublev2 wrote:it was on really late. I think Saturday night around 11pm EST for 3 hours.
Amazing! :) Three hours! That wasn't how long the shows were on my VHS tapes! haha. They were an hour at most and it was just three different shows. I like the guest VJs. Vinnie and Mark were guest VJs once. Looked like such a fun thing to do. I wish I could have hung out with them on that show. :D
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

maybe an hour of ads cut into it. lol. I am talking about the ball from 1988 to 1991. I didn't watch it before and I have no idea how long it was before '88
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

i got into jazz in 1991 and stopped all ties with Metal until about 2000 when I started selling my guitar collection (stupidly at the wrong time for metal guitars).
Bye Bye
gonnarock

Post by gonnarock »

doublev2 wrote:i got into jazz in 1991 and stopped all ties with Metal until about 2000 when I started selling my guitar collection (stupidly at the wrong time for metal guitars).
I can see the connection though, the transition to Metal to Jazz, because the guitar thing is still there. Those jazz players are really gifted musicians with the guitar. It has similarities because both types have virtuosos. :) That is a cool transistion. :)
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Vinnie told me he had a large jazz collection. He didn't tell me who he liked , but i think its evident that he was into jazz. Funny jazz guitar used to be my least favourite of all jazz instruments but I have gotten back into guitar because drums are not easy to play when you have neighbours.
Bye Bye
gonnarock

Post by gonnarock »

doublev2 wrote:Vinnie told me he had a large jazz collection. He didn't tell me who he liked , but i think its evident that he was into jazz. Funny jazz guitar used to be my least favourite of all jazz instruments but I have gotten back into guitar because drums are not easy to play when you have neighbours.
No this is very true. :lol: I have a drum kit that I just fiddle with and its downstairs, too loud for upstairs. I can imagine Vinnie would have a large jazz collection. I am fascinating by all music that has incredibly talented players. I bet his jazz collection would be equal to or similar in size to a possible classical collection? I know he is a fan of classical violin, and with the bonus track on ASG I would say classical guitar too. :D
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

doublev2 wrote:As much as I like the 80s you can see way more metal on YouTube than mtv back then. Really only one or two metal shows on mtv. Headbangers ball being the ultimate. Z rock however was a great radio station to hear some more obscure metal . I think los Angeles had a great radio station too but I forgot the name.
KNAC?
Hey man, I am cool, I am the Breeze...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
This is not a Hate Forum Vinnie...Capisce!!?
Brooklyn has almost left the Building