Greetings

Say hello and introduce yourself here
MWeeks

Greetings

Post by MWeeks »

Just wanted to say hello to everyone as I am a new member. I look forward to communicating with other members.
Best,
M Weeks
poserboy71

Re: Greetings

Post by poserboy71 »

Welcome MWEEKS !!!
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Welcome, where are you from?

How long have you been a Vinnie fan?
Commander in chief - VVF Army
metatron

Post by metatron »

Hi M Weeks. R U Mike Weeks who preformed "Boyz Are Gonna Rock" (with Andre LaBelle & T.J. Racer) on the Kiss My Ankh tribute ?
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Hope so! Then we'd have someone with talent on the board!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Kidding! Welcome MWeeks
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Skwint

Post by Skwint »

lol

welcome.
Cruisin' downtown, Shakin' her love, Is that babe talkin' to me, Felt my heart drop, Women can't stop, Girl has got me on my knees, Baby baby babe don't make me wonder, Won't you let me in, She said - see you later, Shot down, I'll be back again
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

shramiac wrote:Hope so! Then we'd have someone with talent on the board!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Kidding! Welcome MWeeks
Speak for yourself buddy!! I'm a legend in my own bedroom!!!!
Commander in chief - VVF Army
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

Genebaby wrote:
shramiac wrote:Hope so! Then we'd have someone with talent on the board!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Kidding! Welcome MWeeks
Speak for yourself buddy!! I'm a legend in my own bedroom!!!!

*LOL*
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I'm a legend in my bathroom. A solo artist.

NEWBEGINNINGS
metatron

Post by metatron »

poserboy71 wrote:I'm a legend in my bathroom. A solo artist.
Double handed whammy bar technique...DO NOT TRY THIS ALONE!!!!
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I have to work on my encore . It sounds like shit.

NEWBEGINNINGS
MWeeks

Post by MWeeks »

Im originally from Champaign Illinois but currently in the Nashville area, I did participate in the Kiss my Ankh tribute and I've been a fan of Vinnies since the summer of '86. Has it really been 25 years?!!
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

What part of Nashville? You and Wizkid should hang.

NEWBEGINNINGS
metatron

Post by metatron »

MWeeks wrote:Im originally from Champaign Illinois but currently in the Nashville area, I did participate in the Kiss my Ankh tribute and I've been a fan of Vinnies since the summer of '86. Has it really been 25 years?!!
Awesome playing. Love the panning effects. So Man you played with Andre LaBelle & Tj Racer... And Robert Fleischman. That's Killer.
http://www.myspace.com/kissmyankh
http://www.myspace.com/MikeWeeksMusic
http://www.splitscreenentertainment.com/?KISS_MY_ANKH
'The album kicks into high gear with the explosive Vinnie Vincent Invasion anthem "Boyz Are Gonna Rock" by Mike Weeks (guitarist on the most recent solo offering from original Invasion vocalist Robert Fleischman), alongside former Nitro bassist T.J. Racer and drummer Andre LaBelle, who himself played drums on Vinnie Vincent's fabled yet unreleased third album, "Guitars From Hell." '
metatron

Post by metatron »

[youtube][/youtube]
MWeeks

Post by MWeeks »

Thanks metatron!
Also, in the Hendersonville area, that would be cool if wizkid wanted to get together sometime.
Fullshed

Post by Fullshed »

MWeeks wrote:Just wanted to say hello to everyone as I am a new member. I look forward to communicating with other members.
Best,
M Weeks
Hey Mike-

Hew welcome to this board. Any good Flashman stories? Also, why the move to Tenn.?
Into the Spyder's Web I fall!!!!
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Great! :evil: Another more talented guitarist that I have too kill!!!! :P :P

We'll have to start a thread on how you learnt "Boyz" for the tribute album! How many sleepless nights, broken fingers and guitar necks etc.......
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
MWeeks

Post by MWeeks »

@Full shred Thank you, the only real story is that hes got a great record coming out in the very near future. Unfortunately I cant be in two places at the same time or I would love to be involved. Nashville is a great music community and just makes sense for anyone to live here with great musical passion, I also have two very young daughters and felt it was a good time to make the move before they start their education.
@shramiac The thing about it was that I had been somewhat versed in his style ever since I got the instruction video in '88. That gave me an advantage as opposed to going in cold for sure, but it still took someone willing to climb the mountain. It is definately a solo with many twists and turns to say the very least.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

You did very well! Congrats of the highest order!
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

MWeeks wrote:@Full shred Thank you, the only real story is that hes got a great record coming out in the very near future. Unfortunately I cant be in two places at the same time or I would love to be involved. Nashville is a great music community and just makes sense for anyone to live here with great musical passion, I also have two very young daughters and felt it was a good time to make the move before they start their education.
@shramiac The thing about it was that I had been somewhat versed in his style ever since I got the instruction video in '88. That gave me an advantage as opposed to going in cold for sure, but it still took someone willing to climb the mountain. It is definately a solo with many twists and turns to say the very least.
Mike you did a great job on your version of Boyz Are Going To Rock. You sound very much like Vinnie except actually more fluid and smoother on this song!

Welcome here brother!
metatron

Post by metatron »

Slayer wrote:
MWeeks wrote:@Full shred Thank you, the only real story is that hes got a great record coming out in the very near future. Unfortunately I cant be in two places at the same time or I would love to be involved. Nashville is a great music community and just makes sense for anyone to live here with great musical passion, I also have two very young daughters and felt it was a good time to make the move before they start their education.
Mike you did a great job on your version of Boyz Are Going To Rock. You sound very much like Vinnie except actually more fluid and smoother on this song!

Welcome here brother!
Kev, :idea: The bad news Vinnie hates you right now. :idea: The good news , oh! but Vinnie hates all of of us anyways :!: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

metatron wrote:
Slayer wrote:

Welcome here brother!
Kev, :idea: The bad news Vinnie hates you right now. :idea: The good news , oh! but Vinnie hates all of of us anyways :!: :lol: :lol: :lol:
My Brother, the truth is the truth! Mike did a great job on that song and didn't speed up the tape either! :-)
Fullshed

Post by Fullshed »

metatron wrote:
Slayer wrote:

Welcome here brother!
HA!!! That's pretty funny metatron :mrgreen: :!: :!: :!:
Fullshed

Post by Fullshed »

Hey Mike-

How did U orig hook up with Robert? With all of the geetarist's in LA :?: :? BTW I enjoyed alot of Robert's last CD that U played on-esp the hard(er) stuff....
MWeeks

Post by MWeeks »

@Slayer
Thank you bro and I appreciate your positive words.

@Full shred
Im glad you liked the record I played on with Robert. As far as how I got connected with him goes... its a story that every musician in central Illinois area has probably heard 2 or 3 times through the grapevine. I'll try to condense it down if your really interested.
Fullshed

Post by Fullshed »

MWeeks wrote:@Slayer
Thank you bro and I appreciate your positive words.

@Full shred
Im glad you liked the record I played on with Robert. As far as how I got connected with him goes... its a story that every musician in central Illinois area has probably heard 2 or 3 times through the grapevine. I'll try to condense it down if your really interested.
Hey Mike-

Yeah I'm disconnected :oops: maybe PM me the condensed version? Thanks for the entertaining and interesting posts. PS tell Bobby to have a MetRX on me :D
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Don't condense shit !!! Tell us the entire story !!! :D :D :D

NEWBEGINNINGS
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Mike is a great guy ! Much success for him !
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Is it story time yet Mike ???

NEWBEGINNINGS
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Nah Rick more like bedtime... :lol:
Hey man, I am cool, I am the Breeze...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
This is not a Hate Forum Vinnie...Capisce!!?
Brooklyn has almost left the Building
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

You do understand that I'm gonna take that comment as an advance on my manhood ??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

NEWBEGINNINGS
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

OMG bahahaha :lol:
Hey man, I am cool, I am the Breeze...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
This is not a Hate Forum Vinnie...Capisce!!?
Brooklyn has almost left the Building