Hello From Central Iowa.....Where Nothing Ever Happens

Say hello and introduce yourself here
MrSirTrevor

Hello From Central Iowa.....Where Nothing Ever Happens

Post by MrSirTrevor »

Greetings one and all. After a LONG time reading these boards, I decided to join. I don't do Facebook, Twitter or any of the other major social media swamps. But I had to get in on this page! Been a Vinnie fan since he joined Kiss and have neber looked back. I took my daughter to go see Slaughter a few years back at the Iowa State Fair (wore my Invasion shirt); and Mark Slaughter actually came down from the stage and walked right up to me. And YES, I have the pics to prove it! Looking forward to meeting some new folks on here, too!
I'm Sir Trevor Gielgud Burton-Guinness, And I Approved This Message
RipRokken

Re: Hello From Central Iowa.....Where Nothing Ever Happens

Post by RipRokken »

Hi! Welcome, and what did Mark do after he walked up to you?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Welcome aboard! Glad to have you.

Would be cool to see those pics!
Commander in chief - VVF Army
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Great to have you
MrSirTrevor

Post by MrSirTrevor »

RipRokken wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:38 pm Hi! Welcome, and what did Mark do after he walked up to you?
I was way near the back where I usually park myself, and he hopped off the stage, went right up the middle of the crowd and then headed right towards me. He had to have seen the shirt, I was the only person there, that I saw, who had a Vinnie Vincent Invasion shirt on. I tried to snap pictures as fast as I could, while switching from my phone to my HD camera. So he got to me, put his arm around me and wanted to do a selfie with him, which I did. However, I didn't use my front camera and tried to use my read camera on my phone. The end result? The top of my hat! But I found the pictures so I'll post them. Some you'll see how far back I was, a few closeups and then as he came towards me.
MrSirTrevor

Post by MrSirTrevor »

Genebaby wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:46 pm Welcome aboard! Glad to have you.

Would be cool to see those pics!
Attachments
Mark Slaughter two feet away from me
Mark Slaughter two feet away from me
Mark Slaughter inn the crowd
Mark Slaughter inn the crowd
Mark Slaughter guitar
Mark Slaughter guitar
Mark Slaughter
Mark Slaughter
Dana Strum zoomed in
Dana Strum zoomed in
Distance from where I was to the stage
Distance from where I was to the stage
MrSirTrevor

Post by MrSirTrevor »

AnkhWarrior wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:11 am Great to have you

Thanks!!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Nice to see the pics, great stuff!!
MrSirTrevor

Post by MrSirTrevor »

Genebaby wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:06 pm Nice to see the pics, great stuff!!
Thanks, man. The picture that was taken before the show started I'm probably a good 75 or 80 yards away, I just zoomed it in a bit. So I was definitely stunned when he headed right for me as that's a long way into a crowd to venture. Still totally cool, though.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yeah, super cool!!

I have worn a VVI shirt to a bunch of events, it gets a good reaction.
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

MrSirTrevor wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:49 pm
RipRokken wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:38 pm Hi! Welcome, and what did Mark do after he walked up to you?
I was way near the back where I usually park myself, and he hopped off the stage, went right up the middle of the crowd and then headed right towards me. He had to have seen the shirt, I was the only person there, that I saw, who had a Vinnie Vincent Invasion shirt on. I tried to snap pictures as fast as I could, while switching from my phone to my HD camera. So he got to me, put his arm around me and wanted to do a selfie with him, which I did. However, I didn't use my front camera and tried to use my read camera on my phone. The end result? The top of my hat! But I found the pictures so I'll post them. Some you'll see how far back I was, a few closeups and then as he came towards me.
Super cool story, and so sorry the selfie didn’t take. I fumbled one myself a few weeks back — was supposed to be a cool little selfie video with an artist, and I later found I’d actually gotten three seconds of my shoes, lol. Thanks for sharing!
MrSirTrevor

Post by MrSirTrevor »

RipRokken wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:19 pm
MrSirTrevor wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:49 pm
I was way near the back where I usually park myself, and he hopped off the stage, went right up the middle of the crowd and then headed right towards me. He had to have seen the shirt, I was the only person there, that I saw, who had a Vinnie Vincent Invasion shirt on. I tried to snap pictures as fast as I could, while switching from my phone to my HD camera. So he got to me, put his arm around me and wanted to do a selfie with him, which I did. However, I didn't use my front camera and tried to use my rear camera on my phone. The end result? The top of my hat! But I found the pictures so I'll post them. Some you'll see how far back I was, a few closeups and then as he came towards me.
Super cool story, and so sorry the selfie didn’t take. I fumbled one myself a few weeks back — was supposed to be a cool little selfie video with an artist, and I later found I’d actually gotten three seconds of my shoes, lol. Thanks for sharing!
Glad you liked what I did get. I'm not a photo taking person in the sense of selfies, etc. In fact, this was my first (and only) attempt at ever taking one. The only other one I was ever in was taken by someone else that also included my daughter and myself after a Davey Suicide concert a few years back. I take my daughter to concerts what seems like all the time and I just take pictures of her with the band, and I have a friend who is a promoter, so I'm able to get past the barricades to get some decent pictures for her while she's enjoying the show.

Dang, that would be a bummer to think you're getting video when in fact you're filming your Reebok's! Hopefully that doesn't happen to you again.