Hiya!

Say hello and introduce yourself here
CptnRuski

Hiya!

Post by CptnRuski »

Hi guys, I’m Ruski (she/her)! I’m currently in the DC Metro area, but was born and raised in New Jersey. I’ve been a casual KISS fan for most of my life, but I really got into listening to them back in the beginning of the year and while I knew most of the band members and such, I only really discovered Vinnie’s solo and other assorted projects within the past few months and just fell in love with his work after my girlfriend sent me the link to the first VVI album. Then, I found this forum pretty recently and was lurking a bit before I decided I really wanted to join in on all the Vinnie discussion and I’m just very excited to be here and chat about one of my favorite guitarists ever!
poserboy71

Re: Hiya!

Post by poserboy71 »

Howdy !!!!
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Welcome here
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Welcome!

True story. Recently human spammers have decided it's worth their time to sign up and post junk. So I changed it so I had to authorise new accounts, so they couldn't just sign up and spam.

They are mostly from Russia so when I first saw your username I was like, how obvious is this one!!! He's put it in his username he's Russian. Looking into it further I realised you were from the US and now here we are!!
Commander in chief - VVF Army
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Genebaby wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:41 am Welcome!

True story. Recently human spammers have decided it's worth their time to sign up and post junk. So I changed it so I had to authorise new accounts, so they couldn't just sign up and spam.
Always wondered why they bother doing such a thing. No one's clicking on that crap and will get booted anyway.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Tell me about it. And what is the possible target audience for the time they waste doing it? Plus, they would mostly write in Russian, so who can understand it even? Makes no sense.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Yo!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

Hi, and welcome!
CptnRuski

Post by CptnRuski »

They are mostly from Russia so when I first saw your username I was like, how obvious is this one!!! He's put it in his username he's Russian. Looking into it further I realised you were from the US and now here we are!!
Lol! I can see how that'd be a problem, we've had issues with Russian bots over on KISS tumblr as well, so we've been struggling to deal with that problem. While I can confirm I'm not from Russia, I do speak Russian! I'll try my best not to spam in Russian and just yell in English about Vinnie and all related topics!
I saw you over on the musician's corner earlier, do you play guitar as well???
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

Hi and welcome here.
Greetings from good old Germany :)

Wolfi
KraigoWaffles

Post by KraigoWaffles »

CptnRuski wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:49 am Hi guys, I’m Ruski (she/her)! I’m currently in the DC Metro area, but was born and raised in New Jersey. I’ve been a casual KISS fan for most of my life, but I really got into listening to them back in the beginning of the year and while I knew most of the band members and such, I only really discovered Vinnie’s solo and other assorted projects within the past few months and just fell in love with his work after my girlfriend sent me the link to the first VVI album. Then, I found this forum pretty recently and was lurking a bit before I decided I really wanted to join in on all the Vinnie discussion and I’m just very excited to be here and chat about one of my favorite guitarists ever!
Greetings. Welcome.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

CptnRuski wrote:

Lol! I can see how that'd be a problem, we've had issues with Russian bots over on KISS tumblr as well, so we've been struggling to deal with that problem. While I can confirm I'm not from Russia, I do speak Russian! I'll try my best not to spam in Russian and just yell in English about Vinnie and all related topics!
I saw you over on the musician's corner earlier, do you play guitar as well???
Hi, yes I play guitar. A few of us do, which probably makes sense, but I'm no shredder. I can't play rusty style but I have fun.