Post by Lars5150 »

Hello!
Vinnie fan from Stockholm ,Sweden here!
:D
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Hello!

Post by Genebaby »

Hey man. Did you ever see Vinnie when he was with KISS or at an Expo?

Welcome to the VVFF. Your username is a melding of Metallica and Van Halen, which I can dig very much.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Lars5150

Post by Lars5150 »

Hi! Yes, i met Vinnie way back on the Lick it up tour in November 1983.
He was havin dinner in the hotel resturant by himself and we simply walked up to his table and said hi.We were just kids back then and the resturant was almost empty so the staf didnt seem to care we where there just hangin.
I was soo "starstruck"but i remember how nice he was to us. A warm and gentle person i would say.
He gave me one of his guitar picks, a White Dunlop Extra Heavy with his autograph.
Kiss stayed at The Sheraton hotel.
slim87

Post by slim87 »

Hello and welcome!
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Lars5150 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:06 am Hi! Yes, i met Vinnie way back on the Lick it up tour in November 1983.
He was havin dinner in the hotel resturant by himself and we simply walked up to his table and said hi.We were just kids back then and the resturant was almost empty so the staf didnt seem to care we where there just hangin.
I was soo "starstruck"but i remember how nice he was to us. A warm and gentle person i would say.
He gave me one of his guitar picks, a White Dunlop Extra Heavy with his autograph.
Kiss stayed at The Sheraton hotel.
Very cool that he gave you a pick. I never knew Vinnie to use an extra-heavy pick.
I have a yellow LIU pick and it seems like a normal Fender medium while I have some VVI picks and they are Jim Dunlop medium gauge.

I would love to see your pick. Any chance of a photograph ?
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Lars5150

Post by Lars5150 »

When i think about it my buddy got hold of a Gene Simmons pick from the same show and it too was a Extra Heavy white Dunlop.
Unfortunately i sold my pick many years ago together with a torn towel from Gene Simmons.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Great story. Kind of sad he was alone.
Bye Bye