greetings from gold coast, australia

Say hello and introduce yourself here
rocker2000

greetings from gold coast, australia

Post by rocker2000 »

hi,

i was thinking back to the last time i saw kiss here at boondal entertainment centre, brisbane australia, a yearish ago i think

well in a sea of thousands there was one dude wearing a large black vinnie vincent kiss makeup face t-shirt - twas very cool

and that reminded me i really need to introduce myself on the forum and ask the question - are there any vinnie vincent fans on the southern gold coast, australia?

i haven't met a single one - unfortunately! they appear to be as rare as hens teeth on the ground here.

for my money it doesn't get better than "that time of year" and "love kills" off all systems go. pure rock bliss in my book.

vinnie was one of the reasons i picked up a guitar, I'm no vinnie at all, but i like a bit of axe fiddling every now and then and jamming to a sold out crowd of zero in my lounge room :)

[youtube][/youtube]

my fave bands are ac/dc, bruce springsteen, kiss, vv, van halen,vixen, rate etc through to my current re-obsession -> WASP (golgotha is fantastic)

also into a few of the 80s aus rock metal bands like roxus, dumont, cheetah, rose tattoo, the angels etc

my other interests range from the beautiful surf/beaches we have here, through to horror movies, pinball, collecting cds/vinyl and basically anything from the 80s.

anyway, any gold coast vv fans out there?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: greetings from gold coast, australia

Post by Genebaby »

Hey there. I don't think we have anyone else from the Gold Coast per say. QLD yes.

Did you see Ace's last show as well back in the day?

Welcome to the VVFF btw!
Commander in chief - VVF Army
rocker2000

Post by rocker2000 »

hi there,

unfortunately i didnt get to see ace solo last time he was in bris - hopefully next time :) did you?

didnt get to see him during the kiss unmasked tour at lang park either in 1980ish

that was an epic time to be a kiss fan in aus (my two fave kiss albums were from that period - dynasty and yes unmasked)

i did see kiss with ace n peter at carrara stadium during the reunion tour
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Welcum to VVFF :)

And nice to meet a fellow W.A.S.P fan :mrgreen:
rocker2000

Post by rocker2000 »

thx, i sortve hadnt listened to a lot of wasp since crimson idol, not because i didnt like wasp, but was listening to a lot of euro metal like atvance, jorn lande, and other stuff i guess etc but then i heard the new one golgotha and thought it was amazing (last runaway, miss you is stellar) and relistened to everything and fell back in love so to speak! blackies voice is magic too and hes a great lyricist
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

rocker2000 wrote:thx, i sortve hadnt listened to a lot of wasp since crimson idol, not because i didnt like wasp, but was listening to a lot of euro metal like atvance, jorn lande, and other stuff i guess etc but then i heard the new one golgotha and thought it was amazing (last runaway, miss you is stellar) and relistened to everything and fell back in love so to speak! blackies voice is magic too and hes a great lyricist
Ill admit I mostly listen to the old W.A.S.P, but I have listened to their new Golgotha album. I really liked it.

And Blackie's voice, oh yes, hasn't wavered a bit :mrgreen:

Wish they'd come tour the U.S.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Another Queensland boy! Cool. :)

I'm from the balmy north...Cairns.

Have fun here. Lots to see.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
rocker2000

Post by rocker2000 »

shramiac wrote:Another Queensland boy! Cool. :)

I'm from the balmy north...Cairns.

Have fun here. Lots to see.

thx, hows cairns doing?

i am heartened to see their are at least other aus vinnie vincent fans :)
rocker2000

Post by rocker2000 »

AnkhWarrior wrote:
rocker2000 wrote:thx, i sortve hadnt listened to a lot of wasp since crimson idol, not because i didnt like wasp, but was listening to a lot of euro metal like atvance, jorn lande, and other stuff i guess etc but then i heard the new one golgotha and thought it was amazing (last runaway, miss you is stellar) and relistened to everything and fell back in love so to speak! blackies voice is magic too and hes a great lyricist
Ill admit I mostly listen to the old W.A.S.P, but I have listened to their new Golgotha album. I really liked it.

i think you've got a better chance of him coming to the use than aus :)

have never seen him live, but would love too :)

yeh my fave wasp albums are the first batch up to about crimson idol

if i had to choose a fave either the first or last command - but its all good :)
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

rocker2000 wrote:
AnkhWarrior wrote:

i think you've got a better chance of him coming to the use than aus :)

have never seen him live, but would love too :)

yeh my fave wasp albums are the first batch up to about crimson idol

if i had to choose a fave either the first or last command - but its all good :)

He hasn't come to AUS? That's surprising. Then again he seems to only stay in the Europe region. And ehh he hasn't toured the US in how long? Lol. I'll keep hoping though.
rocker2000

Post by rocker2000 »

He hasn't come to AUS? That's surprising. Then again he seems to only stay in the Europe region. And ehh he hasn't toured the US in how long? Lol. I'll keep hoping though.

i think he came once in 2007 - id imagine he'd go to the states more than aus.

in any case i haven't seen him yet but would love to :) lets keep the fingers crossed!

i think europe is probably a bigger market for WASP now than elsewhere

chris holmes moved there a while back and said as such from his perspective

still got my old copy of wasp - videos in the raw vhs (but no player! - luckily found a dload) - great days! love machine is my fave video of theirs, great song.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I really liked the K.F.D. album after Crimson Idol but not anything after that so I'll have to give the new one a chance.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
rog2002

Post by rog2002 »

Genebaby wrote:I really liked the K.F.D. album after Crimson Idol but not anything after that so I'll have to give the new one a chance.
KFD was fantastic in my opinion, wasnt too crazy about anything afterwards, but i will say that Golgotha is easily the best since
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Howdy.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS