What's Happenin

Say hello and introduce yourself here
Calxplorer

What's Happenin

Post by Calxplorer »

Thought I would feel this place out n see what's up. I'm a music buff in general, but have my preferences towards certain genres n eras. I try to find anything to expand my own style of playin. Recently came across the Invasions first album and started to collect whatever bootlegs and demos whether video or audio that I could (the real reason I'm here ha) so yeah what's up everyone?
Guitar Screechin' Heart Teasin' n' Hair Teasin!!!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: What's Happenin

Post by Genebaby »

Hey man, welcome. Usually this is a pretty chillin' place of people that appreciate Vinnie AND his music.

Sometimes there is trouble when someone who is a new fan does not know the music, only gushes on and on about how he looks etc. But that hardly ever happens....only a few times a year, ha ha!!!

Have you heard the second album?
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Calxplorer

Post by Calxplorer »

Stoked, thanx for the welcome party. Good to know, I was never the biggest fan of the shred or thrash/speed stuff but I love the guys riffs they always have a groove just like a lot of the LA groups.

Certainly, I must say I fell in love with the unmixed version of that album instantly. Way more of a raw feel like the first album, I feel the record company had a lot to do with his tone being downplayed on that album ( as well as the solos and bridges being cut on certain tunes) but ya never know they may have been trying to reach a more mainstream audience too I guess.

Slaughter would have been rad on that album, but it's cool hearing both guys.
Guitar Screechin' Heart Teasin' n' Hair Teasin!!!
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Howdy !
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS