Hey everyone!

Say hello and introduce yourself here
mustafa2812

Hey everyone!

Post by mustafa2812 »

Hi!

I'm a 25 year old long time hair metal and shred fan. I've played guitar for about 10 years. I play anything ranging from the Beatles to Steve Vai to Meshuggah to Motzart, etc. I mostly play bluesy metal with a shteddy tendancy though.

I love Vinnie Vincent invasion and have to admit that I'm not as familiar with Vinnie's work with Kiss.

I'm very interested in Vinnie's legacy and the mystery and controversy surrounding him only serve to make him more intriguing.

I have to say that the main draw I have to him is his particular brand if unfiltered and unapologetic shredding. I actually love it where I'm sure most would consider it noise. The scales and patterns he uses are very unorthadox and far off of even the most talented guitar virtuosos (Vai, Satriani, Becker, etc.). His style seems very self created and I appreciate that.
Cali

Re: Hey everyone!

Post by Cali »

Welcome! Thank you for sharing so much, I look forward to having you here as a new member. I'm a newcomer myself, and so far I've had a great experience. Feel free to express your opinion as positively as you can, there are no limits in metal :twisted:
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Hey, welcome to the VVFF, I hope you enjoy your stay.

You've described Vinnie quite well in regard to his playing. I think not everyone hears it the way we do so that's maybe why he didn't get the same kind of recognition as those other players. I much prefer Vinnie, his playing was at times outrageous, and then melodic as Hell.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Cernex

Post by Cernex »

Welcome to the chat, mate!

BTW, you pretty much nailed Vinnie's style. Kudos!
Space Galleon Javelin - My space opera web serial. It's free! And complete! Go check it out.
Follow me on Twitter
My Amazon Author page, for if you want to check my fiction and stuff.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Howdy !
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
NashCoywolf14

Post by NashCoywolf14 »

Hi! :3
I have no idea of what to say XD
But basically I'm a fan of Kiss, the Vinnie Vincent Invasion, and other rock bands. I also make art! Primarily furry art. Ive made some of the Kiss members. So if you like, I can post them!
Also, I happen to be trying to spread #bringbacktheankh so Vinnie can at least come back PUBLICLY. Its harder than I thought, BUT I'm doing good! and that's basically it.
I'm friends with Robert Fleischman and John Regan and it's really cool. You have no idea how much I freaked out when they actually became my friends. XD
*Be warned, I'll make puns whenever it fits. :lol:
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

You say you're not familiar with Vinnie's work in KISS, does that mean you've not heard Creatures or Lick It Up very much?
NashCoywolf14

Post by NashCoywolf14 »

I'm actually very familiar with it, and I actually did not know what to say to introduce myself XD And I own the vinyl Creatures and Lick it Up :3
I'm friends with Robert Fleischman and John Regan and it's really cool. You have no idea how much I freaked out when they actually became my friends. XD
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Very good, then you know the brilliance of the Lick It Up album. That's the main thing, no worries.
NashCoywolf14

Post by NashCoywolf14 »

Lol :3
Btw, do you think the Exciter solo from Vinnie was better than the album version? Just wondering XD
mustafa2812

Post by mustafa2812 »

@genebaby: Ya i'm not really a huge Kiss fan but I love Vinnie and so this weekend I listened to Lick it up a lot and liked it.

I also have been doing a lot of reading about him and his past projects and what people have to say about him which is very interesting. It seems that the consensus was that he was insanely talented but made some poor business decisions. I also think his "toned down" stuff sounds amazing. I previously said that I liked his over the top style, which I still do. But now I'm thinking about how amazing it would have been if he had really capitalized on that more accessible style just because of his song writing talent alone. I heard an interview with Mark Slaughter who basically said that he could play Jeff Beck songs note for note like it was the easiest thing in the world and that if he had brought that kind of songwriting to the table instead of the buzzsaw shred he may have been able to really break through and create some amazing music. So...i'm on the fence. Obviously I don't have any control over him or of the past. It just makes me wish I could hear more of his melodic guitar playing because I think that when he wrote and played like that he could come up with stuff that rivaled the greats.

Anyway, just some late night rambling.

@nashcoywolf14: I think genebaby was talking to me. Not sure if you meant to post in this thread or start your own.
NashCoywolf14

Post by NashCoywolf14 »

Oh ok XD
lol so sorry :3
But yes I did mean to post here
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I like all of Vinnie's styles. I love the Lick It Up album and how he was constrained but still played fantastically.

Then I also love when he's crazy and over the top. Wild bends and whammy bar work, it's so good.

Personally when it comes to the solos that are revealed to not be who we think they are I usually like the one on the album.

The album version of Exciter is pure brilliance. I just LOVE that song.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

You have come to the right place - Welcome here!
NashCoywolf14

Post by NashCoywolf14 »

Slayer wrote:You have come to the right place - Welcome here!
I literally heard SIXX:AM's You Have Come To The Right Place reading that part XD