Hi everyone

Say hello and introduce yourself here
JohnnyGtar

Hi everyone

Post by JohnnyGtar »

Hey now!

Greetings from Southern California. Glad to be on this forum. Vinnie first captured my ears and melted my brain when I heard the Lick it up album back in '83. It was a great year: Vinnie was in KISS, Ian Gillan joined Black Sabbath, and Jake joined Ozzy. His solo on "Not for the innocent" has kicked my ass for 31 years now. (Even tho Gene edited it/shuffled parts of it around, if memory serves! LOL) The man is one of my favorite guitarists, and when it comes to being an true original, Vin qualifies big time. Definitely one of my top 5 all time greats. I know he's got his issues to deal with, but I'm a fan, period. I hope the man can find and keep some stable and consistent happiness in his life. I wouldn't mind hearing some new music from him, either! LOL

You guys probably know about this show already, but in case you don't, here's a killer FM broadcast of the full KISS show in Albuquerque on Jan 22, 1984. Enjoy!

[youtube][/youtube]

I see that VV is making himself available for private events and concerts. I wish I could afford to have him do an event for me! I rate him to be as talented and as unique as EVH, Randy, Lynch, etc. if not more so. It's a damn shame he dropped off the radar. I can only imagine what he'd be doing today musically. Sigh...

Anyway, I worship the guy's playing, and I'm glad I found you guys!

Best regards,

Johnny
Slayer

Re: Hi everyone

Post by Slayer »

Welcome here from Riverside!
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Howdy !!!!
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
JohnnyGtar

Post by JohnnyGtar »

Thank you, gentlemen! I live in the San Bernardino mtns a few miles from Big Bear. :D
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Welcome to the VVFF!

We're always glad to have a new Vinnie fan.

Currently we're not sure what it would cost or take to get a performance out of ol' Vinnie. It may be a tease for a service he would never provide, or his requirements could be out of scope with what anyone is willing to pay and do.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Yo, yo ,yo!

(Big Bear? Isn't that your nickname Slayer? :P)
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

JohnnyGtar wrote:Thank you, gentlemen! I live in the San Bernardino mtns a few miles from Big Bear. :D
I was in Big Bear a few weeks ago when we had that hellish heatwave and wind. We called it an escape from Hell to Paradise. We had dinner at that new brewery near the lake. They have good beer and chicken wings LOL!

Welcome here Johnny Guitar