New Member From Wilmington/Greenville, NC!

Say hello and introduce yourself here
Vincent82

New Member From Wilmington/Greenville, NC!

Post by Vincent82 »

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself, I came across the site after seeing a link watermarked over a video on YouTube. I am a poster over at KISSFAQ, but being a Vinnie fan, it's not always the best of experiences. "He's no Ace, he shreds and doesn't play with any feeling, he's weird...", on and on and on.

I've been a KISS fan since 1992 (hey, I was 4 years old, cut me some slack!) I gravitate towards Vinnie for multiple reasons. My favorite KISS albums are "Creatures Of The Night", "Lick It Up", and "Revenge", and ironically those are the three KISS albums Vinnie either played on and/or wrote for. I love the kick in the ass he brought to the band in a time when they disperately needed it, and I love the energy that he (along with Eric Carr) brought to their live sound. The Egyptian Warrior character is also pretty mysterious because it lasted for such a short amount of time, and so little is known about it. He wasn't announced, and most people didn't even know Ace was no longer with the band until they arrived at the venue and took a look at the merchandise for sale.

I collect lossless KISS DVDs from 1973-1995, as well as lossless audio from the Vinnie years. If you're looking for a show, let me know! I'm part of a group that actively searches out the best available copies of shows and known gens, so there is a good chance I may even have an upgrade for ya! I also collect vintage KISS merchandise from the 1973-1983 makeup years, and have a big interest in items you could never purchase commercially. My avatar is a Vinnie "Creatures Of The Night" tour guitar pick that I recently acquired.

Anyway, enough rambling. Glad to be here! :mrgreen:
Damned, Cursed, Guilty, & Abused...
KissMyAss

Re: New Member From Wilmington/Greenville, NC!

Post by KissMyAss »

Welcome aboard. Wow. Awesome pick. KISSFAQ is competitive, but it's a great place.
Live life as though it is the third law; "to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." Rules apply whether we are cognizant of them or oblivious.
Vincent82

Post by Vincent82 »

KissMyAss wrote:Welcome aboard. Wow. Awesome pick. KISSFAQ is competitive, but it's a great place.
Thanks! Yea, I like it there, but a lot of the time you (or at least I have) will get a digital foot down your throat if you state your opinion that may not necessarily be that of popular opinion, and I just find that unnecessary and asking for drama. Anytime there's a discussion, the majority posts from the standpoint that their opinion is fact, no ifs, ands, or buts about it, and usually with a tinge of sarcasm or attitude. I know it's not necessarily all the time and maybe I should lighten up, but I always try to post in the most understanding, respectful way.

Anyway, hope all is well!
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Welcome here brother and be sure to check out the media and bootleg sections of this forum. You will find that we praise Vinnie for his accomplishments and talents but also recognize what we believe to be his mistakes and shortcomings. We all as human beings have both! We are straight shooters and this isn't intended to be strictly a praise forum that Vinnie would prefer.

We look forward to your posts and contributions of your acquired Kiss and Vinnie Vincent Wisdom here. I think that as you browse the Archives here that you will find many interesting topics.

This forum depending on your point of view is either the 4th or 5th interactive Vinnie Vincent Fan Forum since the late 1990's on line. The previous forum DoubleV Forum I count as 2 forums because it was gifted to Vinnie by a beloved forum member here and Vinnie chose in his wisdom to first make it exclusive to hand picked members of his choice who agreed to only discuss what he felt was appropriate topically and then Vinnie chose to shut it down all together when he realized that he couldn't control what every forum member said. Vinnie is an intensely sensitive and emotional human being who doesn't have thick enough skin to be able to tolerate discussions that he doesn't like or agree with.

Anyway, enough for now and welcome here and we look forward to your posts.

Kev
Vincent82

Post by Vincent82 »

Thanks for the welcome!

I absolutely agree, as human beings we all have accomplishments as well as shortcomings. A lot of KISS fans don't even like mentioning his accomplishments, and like to downplay them at that, so I'm glad I came across the forum. I've been browsing for the past few hours, so far so good!

Right now I have the "Damned, Cursed, Guilty & Abused" silver CD bootleg on, which took place exactly 30 years ago tonight in Nashville!
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Rock on and there is topically a ton of stuff here. Most of us here don't believe in censorship but with that said we should all at times respectfully agree to disagree and move on acknowledging that there can be more than one road to reach a desired destination. We as individuals choose the best one for ourselves.

Kev
Vincent82

Post by Vincent82 »

Exactly. I understand that what might be best for me might not be best for others, and vice versa. A little respect and understanding goes a long way.
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Welcome! I'm from NC also!
Vincent82

Post by Vincent82 »

PinkWiz wrote:Welcome! I'm from NC also!
Awesome! I was born in Wilmington, raised in small town Whiteville, and now reside in Greenville.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Welcome to the VVFF. I really hope you like it here.

It's the place for Vinnie fans who live in reality. :)
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Vincent82

Post by Vincent82 »

Genebaby wrote:Welcome to the VVFF. I really hope you like it here.

It's the place for Vinnie fans who live in reality. :)
I like that description. A lot of Vinnie fans don't, as well as some KISS fans too. 8)
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

This is unfortunately true. Other places get the haters and we get some zealots too, but on the whole people are understanding of who and what Vinnie really is.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Howdy !
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Yo!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Vincent82

Post by Vincent82 »

Hey there! :)
kisslolo

Post by kisslolo »

Welcome to the VVFF! :D