Hi from Q A

Say hello and introduce yourself here
Raa

Hi from Q A

Post by Raa »

Hi Everyone 8) :D . Hope everyone is doing ok. It's been a long time since I've been on a forum, or anything on the internet. This is Q, thought I'd say hello to some of the Old Members, and to the New members as well. Just wanted to see what's been happening in the World of VV. I live a quiet life now, moving to Vegas this summer, getting a house there. I build guitar amps now, finally learned how to assemble them. I have a new guitar amp company called Venomous Amps, and it's dedicated to High Gain sounds of 80's rock. I'm blessed now in the way I get to work with Frank Levi, of S.i.r. fame. Frank is well known for his amps used by Slash, Warren DeMartini, Def Leppard, designed many Hiwatt amps as well. Me, and Mr Levi are working on an amp called the Dangerous Attraction, which is a high gain designed amp he did just for Doug Aldrich during his days in his band Lion. I have my own amps based off the legendary mods of Jose Arredondo. I had some bad health probs last year, had my second heart attack, took me months to physically get over it. Since then, I've gotten in good health, work on guitar amps, and live a quiet life.

I do still listen to VV. I have several personal modded amps I'm working on, one is based off his "Time Of Year" tone. I love his tone on that song, and the Asg album. It's been 3 years now since I've been in public eyes. Three years later I will say this, I still see the positive side of my VV experience, I don't look back very much anymore on the past, and try to look to the present. But I still feel very blessed to have met, and know VV personally. He is still one of my favorite guitarist EVER. :) I wish there were some news of new VV music :(. Past few years, I've wondered many time what new VV music would sound like these days. I still think he is the most underrated rock n roll songwriter in rock music. Hope everyone in VV land is well, and doing ok. :)
"People once believed that when someone dies a Crow carries their Soul to the Land of the Dead. But sometimes something so bad happens a terrible sadness is carried with it, and the Soul can't rest...... then Sometimes........ The Crow......... could bring the Soul BACK to put the wrong things right."
shramiac

Re: Hi from Q A

Post by shramiac »

Yo!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Raa

Post by Raa »

Hey Shram :). Hope your doing ok amigo :D
"People once believed that when someone dies a Crow carries their Soul to the Land of the Dead. But sometimes something so bad happens a terrible sadness is carried with it, and the Soul can't rest...... then Sometimes........ The Crow......... could bring the Soul BACK to put the wrong things right."
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Welcome to the VVFF :)
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Buenos Dias Senor Davis!
Raa

Post by Raa »

Hey Uncle Kev :), hope your doing ok as well :). Hi there Ankh :D.
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Welcome!
Raa

Post by Raa »

Hi Pink :). Thank you for the Welcome. Nice VV art in your profile pic.
AceAlive1

Post by AceAlive1 »

welcome to the boards,sir
Raa

Post by Raa »

Thank you :).
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

:D 8)
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Raa wrote:Hi Pink :). Thank you for the Welcome. Nice VV art in your profile pic.
Thanx! I drew that about two years ago... sent the original art to Vinnie soon afterwards.
onefinger

Post by onefinger »

Hey Q A !Welcome!I' m interested in your amps :)
Raa

Post by Raa »

Hey Pink, that's super cool! :) V is an art lover. Not sure how known this is, but during my time with Dino, and V, we were working on a comic. V had a story for it, and everything. He was very talented still in my opinion, and had a very visual artist imagination. :) Very cool you sent the art to him, I'd bet he has it somewhere :).

Hi One Finger :). Nice to meet you, thank you for the welcome, and everyone else too :D :). If your interested in my amps I'd be more than happy to talk about them if it's ok with Mr Vic :). Feel free to ask me any questions as I'm not one of those smoke and mirror types. I currently work with Mr Frank Levi, I'll ask him later today if it's ok to post a list of the amps, and artist he's worked with. Amazing roster of 80's musicians too :). I think he did more amps for Lynch, and DeMartini. To tell you a little more about my amps, I have 2 jose modded Marshall. One thing I like to be upfront about is there is a high cost on the amp due to the parts. Mr Levi, with his permission is allowing me to build some of his amp designs.

Here are some of the amps we are working on:

My jose amps are called the Aegyptia (named after the scientific name of a middle eastern black cobra). There are 2 versions, one will be very close to Ed's Atomica amps, but slightly different. This amp has real n/o/s parts that were used in the late 60's and early 70's marshalls. I call this the "Classic" model. The second version sounds very close to VV's "Time OF Year tone." This mod is based off one of the more standard mods Jose did during the mid 80's. And like features n/o/s parts from the late 70's, and early 80's.

From Mr Levi, his amp designs;

The Dangerous Attraction 100w. Based off an amp he did for only Doug Aldrich during his Lion Days, not a Marshall based amp, but more of a Hiwatt circuit.

Lastly "White Lightning" Mr Levi was Def Leppards guitar amp guy for many years. This amp is based off the Marshall used by both Steve, and Phil during the 80's. It has a 1/2 power switch, and what Mr Levi calls the "Def Switch."

Those are just a few details :). If you'd like to ask any questions, i'm more than happy to ask, and I'm a HUGE guitar geek who can talk about this stuff all day> "Shram can confirm this." lol x)
Raa

Post by Raa »

@ One Finger, do you have some VV covers on Youtube? I think I've seen your VV covers on youtube. You did a really good job on them I was very impressed if that was you :).
onefinger

Post by onefinger »

Raa wrote:@ One Finger, do you have some VV covers on Youtube? I think I've seen your VV covers on youtube. You did a really good job on them I was very impressed if that was you :).
Thank you very much,QA!!! Yeah,that was me.

And thanks for your super cool amps story! 'The dangerous attraction' is one of my favourite albums...I wonder was LION only big in Japan? :roll:
I would love to hear sound sample for those amps!!
Raa

Post by Raa »

"Dangerous Attraction" seriously is one of the few albums I rock out too all the time. :D On that album Doug used a 50w Jose, he had some stock late 70's Jmp's. Mr Levi is working on the schematic drawing on it, and not sure when he will be done. Many love the brown sound, but I think the sound of Dougs amp on that album is one of the best tones ever. I think lion would have been bigger had they had a better record deal. Their drummer Mark Edwards who played with Yngwie in Steeler, was in a bad motorcycle accident. I've never found out how bad, but supposively "I hear" he couldn't play drums due to his injuries. He was an amazing drummer too, kick ass drumming on all his work.

Your VV covers kicked much ass! I think VV would be proud honestly of your work! :) VV is actually pretty cool about letting people post his music, and do covers. Never have I seen it be a big deal. You have my respect as a musician, VV's work is not easy to play.
doppelganger

Post by doppelganger »

[youtube][/youtube]