Welcome to the Vinnie Vincent Forum

Say hello and introduce yourself here
Genebaby
Site Admin

Welcome to the Vinnie Vincent Forum

Post by Genebaby »

Hello everyone,

My name is Vic, I set this forum up a short while ago as I felt we may be needing a place to talk and express our thoughts on the very talented Vinnie Vincent.

I've been a Kiss fan for a long time and a VVI fan for over 20 years after I finally gave the albums a listen. It was love at first hear.

The VVI albums were a LOT better than what Kiss were doing at the time. It was the best stuff I'd heard since Lick It Up, which is one of my all time favourite Kiss record. Why?

Because of the talents of one Vinnie Vincent. Kiss were a different band back then, they were hungry, you could hear it in the music, the singing, the playing, it was with "passion and fire" to use a song lyric.

I strongly feel Kiss would easily be on top of the music world if they had allowed themselves to use the powerful musical talents that Vinnie had. Lick It Up was brilliant, but it was only a start.

It's too bad Paul and Gene, love them as I do most of the time, couldn't see past their own ego's and desires on what Kiss should be like that they let Vinnie go.

He saved their asses on Creatures and delivered the goods on LIU, the best album of their career. I saw a quote from Eric Carr that it was also his favourite. It's a sleek, metal masterpiece.

Vinnie's songs on Revenge we excellent and Bruce actually did some justice to the solo on Unholy, but it would have been great hearing Vinnie play it.

I hope that the recently announced release of Vinnie music and the guitar still come to fruition, we've been waiting so long now.

Vic
zandrews39

Post by zandrews39 »

Yes they were a different band back then. Its a shame. :(
WizKid

Post by WizKid »

Great to be here!
birnie

Post by birnie »

Thanks for the invite and setting things up GeneBaby.

Looking forward to a new forum with less sensorship ;)
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

My pleasure birnie. I just hope the others I coudn't get hold of will find us.
shramiac

shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Thanks a heap Vic! Great we can be back to keep the faith for Vinnie.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Howdy Y'all, Poserboy71(Rick) here. Thanks for the invite Vic.So good to be in a forum where we can talk and not be censored. I am so ready for the new stuff. If it doesn't come soon , let's have a sit-in on Vinnie's street in front of his house. Who's up for a pilgrimage to Tennessee? LOL. :lol: :lol:
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Here we go again on our own !
zandrews39

Post by zandrews39 »

GUYS DOUBLEV MADE AN ACCOUNT!
doublev

doublev

Post by doublev »

HELLO

Its great that a new board popped up. I was thinking of a new one myself, but maybe I had my run. I knew a new board would happen now the old board is frozen. I did advise the new owner this before I handed the password to doublev (And the control) over to the new owner about 3 months ago.

It is a very long story and I do have a mailing list that I will inform all the original doublev members of what happend. I do not want to go totally crazy, as i realize there is two sides to a story.

What I want to say is that I have been deleted and banned from the doublev board, yes the board I started up. This is fine. I wasn't keen on the way it was handled, but thats cool, these things happen.

After I passed on the board (and the vinnievincent.com domain before that to the same people), I was moderator. This is why I came back as Doublev 2. (doublev is the controlling name of the board and this can not be changed). Doublev 2 (me) was banned last week. (no need to go into that).

What I want to say is I have nothing what so ever to do with the old board (doublev). I do not endorse it or have any interest in it. I also do not endorse any product that is being offered on the board old, current or new.. I know I endorsed a guitar and a few other things but now I want everyone to know that I no longer promote the products. I just don't want anyone thinking that I am involved in it what so ever.

I think everyone knows that i have been a loyal fan for 24 years and it pains me to see so many long term fans deleted and locked out. this again has nothing to do with me.

As for the future.

I will only defend myself if doubt occurs. A few other ex-members know the truth and have proof. If my character is tested by anyone on the other board then I will have to show open faced proof publicly .

PLEASE NOTE doublev on the doublev forum is NOT ME (dino), it is the new owner who has close ties (or very close ties) to the v camp.I do not want anyone to doubt the ownership and the products on offer on that forum as I know for a fact that the products are in progress (at least the guitar), but i just do not want people to think I have anything to do with it anymore. I do urge caution when buying anything from anyone and remember history, which i suspect everyone does and will.

I know that i sound like doublev (me) is some important guy..well thats not how I want it to sound, I just want people to know I am not the doublev on the old board and thats that. I really have no interest in any of this subject anymore after so long.

I have had some great years and what a soap opera it has been, all the crazy research on guitars with everyone was the most enjoyable and maybe a few of my old arguing buddies were correct and I say to them now , you were rite.. (hello Indiana and Scotland, sorry I was a pain in the ass).

I will stick around for a while and then drift in and out after that.

all the best

(also i fear by joining up here you maybe deleted from the old board , not sure on that but its something i heard on the grapevine).

all the best

d
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Thanks for the heads up Dino. Now I understand a bit more about what was happening over there and why you became DoubleV 2.

If people get deleted/banned from the other board for being here or for any other simple reason that does not show a very good character for those in control.
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

What a shame !!!
Im pretty sure its a hacker ! i won't be buying anything from that
fake Vinnie Board then until Vinnie Himself puts a picture with him supporting the board,i cannot believe that the board is hacked !!!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I don't think the board has been hacked, Dino handed over control to someone he obviously trusted, which then gave them the power to lock him out.
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

that's disgusting !!!!
i would never trust that board then !
what if i buy a guitar and then i never receive it ?
i cannot trust that ! maybe its roman or the fake guitar maker
we have to warn about this
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Tell me about it, we'll continue this in the News section.
metatron

Post by metatron »

Hi everyone. This is Mick Fury. ( naaa, I've just always wanted to do that) Good to see there a lot of Aussie Vinnie Fans on the Forum. Been a Vinnie fan from the day that creatures was first released.
Man what da funk is doing on? One minute everything is looking like a great come back & now...maybe nothings gonna happen,. I was so stoked when I saw the Pear axe on You Tube. Told the missus that was donna get one for sure. (I felt like a little kid again) & now....depression. F**Ken $immons & $tanley, u f**ker r really sh!tting me. Leave Vinnie alone. Let him get on with his life. Give him the ca$h that he rightfully deserves. Any wayz I can'yt get on the double v site either & I don't like the idea of having to sign up again.I tried to get in contact with Tom Palecki of AZG / Pear Guitars, but have had no luck so far. Just wanted to know how to get one of the Guitars. (& by no means trying to by pass Vinnie) I had heard rumors of guitar clinics that where going to occur in Australia as a close friend is the Guitar Manger of a big retail music store. He was talking to his marketing department & Vinnie' name had come up as a definite possibility for 2011. (So from this, I can only gather something was/is in the pipe works) Heres hoping it happens.

Let Freedom Rock
Metatron
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Thanks Metaltron, good to see you here, on the forum freedom can ROCK!
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Thanks for the referal to this new board Dino. I'll let some of the others know as well.

Kev :D
doublev

Post by doublev »

and thanks to genebaby.

slayer i think is the oldest of the oldest members along with genebaby and teej if i remember correctly. not sure if fullshred is here. sorry if i missed anyone.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Slayer wrote:Thanks for the referal to this new board Dino. I'll let some of the others know as well.

Kev :D
I would have invited you Kev but couldn't get your details from the old board. A few people didn't have a contact email in their profile.

Good to see you here!

Vic
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

I think Freddy and Quentin will be joining us soon too!

Thank you for hooking us all up Vic!

Kev :twisted:
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

It will be great to have Freddy and Quentin here. Things have become mighty interesting lately.

I would love to know why Quentin of all people was deleted.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Quentin won't be turning up for a while! He's pretty pissed off and disappointed at the moment!!! I'm sure he'll turn up one day!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

That's too bad, but understandable given the circumstances.
birnie

Post by birnie »

...just to add, that Vinne forum or not, old one or current.
I would never buy a guitar thru a forum????

Surely AZG/Pear would have a more direct link through there own site if you wanted to purchase.
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

birnie wrote:...just to add, that Vinne forum or not, old one or current.
I would never buy a guitar thru a forum????

Surely AZG/Pear would have a more direct link through there own site if you wanted to purchase.
If you go to VinnieVincent.com ...all you get is a virus and that virus is a trojan which might be a keylogger,so your information (creditcard information and other) might be revealed,my bet is that its running by hackers or something ......
mp5999

Post by mp5999 »

awesome, so thats how I got the f-ing virus that I have been trying to get rid of all weekend!!!

Just curious though, how did you get our email addresses to send out inviting us to this new forum?
teej

Post by teej »

Hi Dino .. it´s actually Brazil not Scotland for the moment .. but thanx for the honesy man .. finally the truth emerges
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

mp5999 wrote:awesome, so thats how I got the f-ing virus that I have been trying to get rid of all weekend!!!

Just curious though, how did you get our email addresses to send out inviting us to this new forum?
watch out,change your passwords and credit card information just in case
Batman

Post by Batman »

Hi everyone, BT here.
Glad this big mess has finally come to the surface and shed some light on the truth. Dubv, the "soap opera" comment has got to be the best description I've ever read hah. But yeah...had a good time there. until everything turned bad. Loved to do that interview with mr.Snowden and reading everyone's research and though on VV's music.

Just logged into Dubv forum...all those message..feels like a modern day version of George Orwell's 1984.

Peace!
teej

Post by teej »

Hi .. i suppose I should introduce myself here but am sure most of you know me by now Trevor Johnston (Teej) .. been arround forever haha .. owner of a Jackson ´89 snakeskin VVV and been a fan of VV since I was 13 .. just a few yrs ago .. finding it tough to keep an interest in someone so elusive but as the rest of is, I wait in vain for sometime some music coming out.

Origionally from Scotland (an Orkadian Viking) but currently in Brazil

Sarcasm is the highest form of humour .... so expect some :P
Batman

Post by Batman »

Teej...You Vikings, always set your ships for new shores..Brazil huh?
Being a Norwegian however, we stopped doing that whole viking routine somewhere down in ca 1000AD :D
teej

Post by teej »

All for the love of a lady BT :P .. ah hell you cant give up on the pillaging! Where´s the fun in life hehe
WizKid

Post by WizKid »

Didn't get to post a detailed hello earlier. I'm Chris and I was known as NashvilleRock.net on the old board before I was unceremoniously deleted. Then, I re-registered as WizKid and that lasted 1 day before His Highness deleted me from the old board.

I live in the Nashville area and have a wife, kids, regular Joe job, but have also been a (wannabe haha) rock journalist for the past 5 years. I've been out of it recently but this VV stuff really has me itching to bust out the pen and paper again haha. I've got a good bit of information (gossip really) that would make a pretty good profile of what VV's been up to since 96. I wanted to be respectful and get his side of the story but I've reached out a few times through different channels only to get silence in return.

The piece that I may write will be a warts-n-all piece and it will not be all lollipops and rainbows stuff about the guitar god that is VV. While I am a fan and have always enjoyed VV's playing (continued below)
WizKid

Post by WizKid »

the article that I would write would be a warts n all piece about some of the things I've heard (some strange things to put it mildly). I want it to be interested. I just have to run the material by legal council first as I don't have Gene Simmons money to defend myself from the inevitable lawsuit.
Batman

Post by Batman »

teej wrote:ah hell you cant give up on the pillaging! Where´s the fun in life hehe
We discovered oil 8)
teej

Post by teej »

bring it dude .. is time the truth was heard .. pay per view online?? just a thought to pay some bills bro

T
teej

Post by teej »

LOL BT .. we discovered whisky :P
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Ah! You can take the boy out of Scotland but not Scotland out of the boy!!!! Ha ha! Sorry! Good to see you here! Same for TJ as well! Some may or may not know of the disagreements between Dino and the boys but hopefully with Dino's apology everyone can be best of buds again!
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Nice post Shramiac and spot on!

Teej you didn't answer me is the new girl in fact Brazilian? Does she have that perfectly pigmented beautiful tan skin and one of those great upside down heart shaped bubble butts?

Come on brother help and old married scum bag out with some of the GORY details! LMAO!

Great to have you back on the forum and with your permission we should post one of your youtube videos playing the snake skin VVV.

If the drama doesn't go away that may be the closest that anybody besides you and Drew get to a Jackson Double V?
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Hey Slayer, all the gory details EXCEPT if HE'S the "the wax"!!!!!! Blah! ha ha ha ha
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

:P :D :) :lol: :P
metatron

Island of Misfit Toys

Post by metatron »

:shock: Oh No! my Avatar has changed. I must have landed on the Island of Misfit Toys. Oh No want am I gonna do? LOL!!! :D
teej

Post by teej »

lol Kev .. yes she´s Brazilian .. is why I am here ;) .. olive skinned with a great body .. but pettite .. not like J-LO with a massive ass .. post away if you want to stick a vid up .. I dont mind man :)
ankh

Post by ankh »

hi, i've been known on the old board as "ankh".I did post many interviews/articles on the old board.
I have the same nick on the Kissfaq.com, where i've posted some posts about VV music and musical equipment and Kiss guitarists in general.I'm also one of the moderators of the Kiss-webit.com.
Nice to see people form the old board there.Whatever happens to it and to the person responsible for the recent weird happenings is not something i would lose sleep about.I've liked VV music very much, would have liked to hear some more,if ity happens that would be nice, for the rest, all things must pass.........life goes on!
Batman

Post by Batman »

ankh wrote:hi, i've been known on the old board as "ankh".I did post many interviews/articles on the old board.
I have the same nick on the Kissfaq.com, where i've posted some posts about VV music and musical equipment and Kiss guitarists in general.I'm also one of the moderators of the Kiss-webit.com.
Nice to see people form the old board there.Whatever happens to it and to the person responsible for the recent weird happenings is not something i would lose sleep about.I've liked VV music very much, would have liked to hear some more,if ity happens that would be nice, for the rest, all things must pass.........life goes on!
If I remember correct, you did post some great interviews and such!
thanks a lot! What a waste about the old board...so much great info, pictures and everything. All gone..forever :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

We have the interviews section, we can build it all up again! 8)
Lil' Jack Horny

Post by Lil' Jack Horny »

Hey guys, Parker (Lil' Jack Horny) here. I was the youngest member of the DV forums as well as one of the firsts to be deleted and then try to sneak back on unsuccessfully. My previous SN's on DV were parkersvx90210, KillerofGiants, and WayCoolJr. I became a fan of VV because I was always a fan of KISS and I remember my former friend telling me that Vinnie Vincent started a solo band, so one day I typed it in to Youtube and I saw the Boyz Are Gonna Rock music video. I knew I was in love right from the beginning, it was the perfect kind of music, heavy fast guitars, tons of hairspray, pink, and plenty of shredding! Vinnie, along with Randy Rhoads got me into Jackson guitars as well as the Flying V body shape. Currently my father is planning a trip to Vancouver BC (we live in Seattle) to go to a guitar craft school where he'll make me a pseudo-tribute to the Rhoads V that Vinnie used on the Lick It Up tour. Thanks a lot for making this new board, Genebaby, we VVI fans need to be able to express ourselves.
zandrews39

Post by zandrews39 »

Oh yea. how old r u?
Lil' Jack Horny

Post by Lil' Jack Horny »

I'm 17, I joined the DV forum when I was 14 or 15
I prowl the innocent, forbidden terrain, unleashed half human, half insane