Welcome to the Vinnie Vincent Forum

Say hello and introduce yourself here
metatron

Post by metatron »

TheGoodDr wrote:Rather than keep you in suspense, here's the tat I got done just this past Friday:
Hi there the The Good Dr...Awesome tat....where is the VV one? & Eric one??....
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
TheGoodDr

Post by TheGoodDr »

Here's the Eric one :)
As you can probably tell, I'm a big fan of the Fox.

I have a design for the Vinnie already, I hope to start on that at the end of the month. I promise to show pics :)
TheGoodDr

Post by TheGoodDr »

And apologies for the size of these pics. I'm new to this forum stuff and am still trying to find my feet.
Have a quick Q though, is there a section here where members can trade/buy stuff? I recently bought a signed Vinnie pic off eBay and I'm sure I paid way too much for it :(
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

AMAZING TATOOS!!!!!!
Great stuff!

Wolfi
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

TheGoodDr wrote: Have a quick Q though, is there a section here where members can trade/buy stuff?
YES.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Those are some killer tats man. Can't wait to see the Vinnie one for sure!
Commander in chief - VVF Army
warmachine:D

Post by warmachine:D »

Hello people! I'm not %100 sure how to post stuff right, or in the right place so sorry if I did this wrong :oops: But anyways, my name is Elsey, and it's sooo awesome to see that there are people who actually know who VV is! Annnnd they like him.. for the most part. And i'm beginning to ramble so i'll just shut up now :)
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Greetings Elsey, make no mistake, we know who Vinnie is and we love his music, that's why we are here.

He is also a big of an enigma, which keeps things interesting.

When there is Vinnie news and drama, you'll no doubt find it here.

Welcome to the mad house.

Vic
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Welcome Elsey ! Your screen name definitely describes you. :D :D :D :shock: :shock: :shock:
What a polite WAR MACHINE you are !!!

NEWBEGINNINGS

lol I know. That's not a very good screen name for me :P
1SG of the VVFF Army
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Actually, I thought you were a warm achine (whatever that is). War machine, now I get it....lol.... :wink:

Ahh. Yea.. maybe I should've put a space :o Oh well..
1SG of the VVFF Army
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Ha, ha, I'm just being funny. Did it work?

Haha yup
1SG of the VVFF Army
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Welcome to all newbies! And welcome back to ME! Now that I can get back on the site again after all the "server changing" annoyingness!!!!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Damn, I thought we finally got rid of him !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

poserboy71 wrote:Damn, I thought we finally got rid of him !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ha bloody ha!!! Guess I'm the only one who had soooo much trouble getting back on? Over 3 weeks since I could view anything!?!?! I half expected Vinnie to have come around and you'd have all left and I'd be here all alone! :cry: Oh well, at least I'd be assured of a good conversation here by myself! :lol:
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

No idea why you had so much trouble dude. Maybe your ISP?

Whatever they did in the background may have stuffed them up.

I am webmaster for a Ford Club and when the guy who hosts it changed servers I could not access it from my home ISP for weeks, it kept resolving to the old one, which was there, but no longer relevant.
VVWarrior82

Re: Welcome to the Vinnie Vincent Forum

Post by VVWarrior82 »

Hey guys, I just started to post again recently after all that happened with the Forumco board, I just kinda hung back and read posts for awhile, but it's good to be back.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Good to see you posting Greg. You've actually met Vinnie and played with him, yeah?
VVWarrior82

Post by VVWarrior82 »

Met yes, actually played with no, but it's still one last hope I hold onto in the back of my mind lol. I had the chance to meet him a few times, and the interactions were always somewhat erratic depending on the time period and what the event was. The first time I ever saw him was with Kiss for a in-store promo for Lick It Up (still have the signed album!), they were all pretty cool then, but interaction with the band was kind of limited, there was alot of people there, and I was just a kid at the time anyway, so my memory of that isn't really all that great other then it was awesome to meet your heroes! I saw then Invasion live twice, both for the first album, and for another in store promo, he was ultra cool then, signed everything, talked to him for a few minutes, he was in really good spirits then and excited about the records, it's ashame all that ended the way it did. After that, I didn't have the chance to see him again until he was doing the convention circut for Kiss. The first time he was pretty cool, got to talk with him a bit about the Invasion days and what not and he signed everything, though he was pretty clearly less than thrilled about anything with Kiss, which I don't blame him. However, I did a little guest with a tribute band at one point (story I started to tell in the News section) for one of the cons, and he went from zero to asshole in about 6 seconds, he was completely appalled that we played any of HIS songs in the make up, because it wasn't historically accurate or something like that, and he never offically recorded Back On The Streets with Kiss. The whole event he seemed like he really didn't want to be there, but after that he was totally furious. Which, at the time I just contributed to everyone having bad days, but as time went on, with the box set situation and other stories I heard, kinda made me wonder about him altogether, but I still defended him. After this last though, while I still love the man's music and his talent, I'm a little miffed as to what to make of his current attitude.

A friend of mine also dealt with him regarding some sort of charity auction, and had a very unpleasant experience, I have to ask him about the details though.
VVWarrior82

Post by VVWarrior82 »

Which by the way, I'm not trying to trash him here, I have fond memories of the man, just relating different experiences.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

That's cool man, all info is good....thanks for sharing.
scottysixx

Post by scottysixx »

Hello everyone! been reading all this VV madness since Thanksgiving..Couldnt register then but finally it allowed me!! Seen VVI open for Iron Maiden in Tulsa OK!!

Welcome!! :D And gahh! You're so lucky!
Wish I coulda seen VVI !
That'll probably never happen..
1SG of the VVFF Army
scottysixx

Post by scottysixx »

Yeah I think I was 16 or something then,I actually have a pic of me wearing the concert shirt somewhere afterwards!! Big Kiss fan here as well,I also noticed there are alot of muscians here as well..Thats cool, I am too!!
The stories here about Vinnie are very compeling haha..i would love to have met him then and would love to meet the guy now..what a mystery!!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Welcome to the new look board! Glad you were able to sign up now.

Vic
syncophile42

Post by syncophile42 »

Hi all,

I was a mute member of the last forum and have dipped in and out of this one for a while – good to be in properly.

I’ve just left a ridiculously long post in the critics corner of VVI that I felt the urge to write – got a bit carried away – hope you enjoy it.
"He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which." - Douglas Adams
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

syncophile42,

Welcome home !!! Please explain what your screen name means. Also, we usually talk to each other on a first name basis here. What's yours?
Love the big post and the heart contained in it-it proves your passion for the tunes,

Rick S.-Poserboy71-

NEWBEGINNINGS
Gravidade

Post by Gravidade »

Welcome Syncophile4 ! :D
PS: Just to inform you guys, my first name is Stephanie. But you can call me Gravidade too. :wink:
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Welcome syncophile42. Great to see you signed up and posting. Introducing yourself here too is great, we love to get to know everyone here where possible.
syncophile42

Post by syncophile42 »

Hello again, my name is Colin.

My username is kind of made up. I derived it from the musical meaning of syncopate or syncopation – to displace beats or accents – and stuck ‘…hile’ on it to mean one who loves the dynamics of music and rhythm. The 42 is the answer to the meaning of life the universe and everything from Hitchhikers… by Douglas Adams, who I admire greatly, which I stuck on to go deep!

Cheers, Colin
"He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which." - Douglas Adams
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

That's great Colin. Glad to have you aboard.

Vic
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

A great welcome from me too!
Great posting I've read from you....
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Damn, that explanation makes a name like Poserboy71 sound... ...well... ... like I'm a Poser... ... wait... ... I guess it's fitting. CARRY ON !!! :D :D :D

NEWBEGINNINGS
Skwint

Post by Skwint »

Hello folks

Skwint here from Scotland - been a fan of Vinnie for near on 30 years now - been looking for info on him of late as i thought it was about time he was back on the scene - hopefully this place will satisfy my VV needs.
Cruisin' downtown, Shakin' her love, Is that babe talkin' to me, Felt my heart drop, Women can't stop, Girl has got me on my knees, Baby baby babe don't make me wonder, Won't you let me in, She said - see you later, Shot down, I'll be back again
metatron

Post by metatron »

'We got a bad, We got a bad, We got a bad, We got a bad attitude....We got a bad, We got a bad, We got a bad, We got a bad attitude. Welcome Skwint to another day in the death of the Roach motel (Love the 'Glamour Punks' avatar )
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Welcome Skwint. I thought Dannii would dig your stuff when I saw your sig.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Skwint, I hope your pointy guitars are well strung and your mascara isn't running. ROCK ON and WELCOME !!!

NEWBEGINNINGS
Skwint

Post by Skwint »

thanks for the welcome folks and also for recognsising the sig and avatar. :D

\This forum has been an interesting read - i hope i can add to it.

Cheers
Cruisin' downtown, Shakin' her love, Is that babe talkin' to me, Felt my heart drop, Women can't stop, Girl has got me on my knees, Baby baby babe don't make me wonder, Won't you let me in, She said - see you later, Shot down, I'll be back again
doublev

Post by doublev »

you are one of two Scots here. Do you know Teej, I think he's glasgow
Skwint

Post by Skwint »

doublev wrote:you are one of two Scots here. Do you know Teej, I think he's glasgow
He is up a bit further North than me - Im In Aberdeen. Spoke via PM.

Sorry folks didnt realise you use real names here - im Leon - pleased to meet you all.
doublev

Post by doublev »

Aberdeen.. what do you think about Donald Trump and his Aberdeen golf course?
Skwint

Post by Skwint »

bag o shite to be honest
teej

Post by teej »

hey man .. welcome .. indeed 2nd scot who posts here there is a chick from g'gow cant remember her name on here or used to be? anyhoo .. I am nearere Inverness .. approx 2 hrs from ya man ..
We will make monkies of these monkies

One time owner of the first ever Monster VVV, and one time owner of the Origional series Jackson VVV
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Hey Everyone!

This is John from Australia, I've been a Kiss fan since the 80's & i also love vinnie! I think his contribution to Kiss was incredible and I still think that his VVI material sounds amazing today! They don't make guitarists like him anymore! It's great that this forum is up and running and kudos to all you guys for still being passionate about his talent and music after all these years! You are true fans!! I was a member of DoubleV but I guess that forum is finished now? Anyway this forum is the future and I look forward to contributing what I can..

J
Hey man, I am cool, I am the Breeze...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
This is not a Hate Forum Vinnie...Capisce!!?
Brooklyn has almost left the Building
metatron

Post by metatron »

Hi John. Welcome. Where in Aus r u?
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Thanks mate, Qld
Hey man, I am cool, I am the Breeze...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
This is not a Hate Forum Vinnie...Capisce!!?
Brooklyn has almost left the Building
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Hi John, welcome to our forum, looking forward to seeing you around more.

Good to see another aussie here, and another in Qld too, seem to be a few Vinnie fans up there. It's strange we have nobody from Melbourne yet as that town has a lot of Kiss fans.

Were you born in Brooklyn?
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Howdy John !!!

NEWBEGINNINGS