Welcome to the Vinnie Vincent Forum

Say hello and introduce yourself here
zandrews39

Post by zandrews39 »

Well i was 12 when i joined the DoubleV board.
ankh

Post by ankh »

Batman wrote:
ankh wrote:hi, i've been known on the old board as "ankh".I did post many interviews/articles on the old board.
I have the same nick on the Kissfaq.com, where i've posted some posts about VV music and musical equipment and Kiss guitarists in general.I'm also one of the moderators of the Kiss-webit.com.
Nice to see people form the old board there.Whatever happens to it and to the person responsible for the recent weird happenings is not something i would lose sleep about.I've liked VV music very much, would have liked to hear some more,if ity happens that would be nice, for the rest, all things must pass.........life goes on!
If I remember correct, you did post some great interviews and such!
thanks a lot! What a waste about the old board...so much great info, pictures and everything. All gone..forever :(
thanks for the kind words,not everything is gone,look at interviews section ;)
Fullshed

Post by Fullshed »

Hey All,

I'm AKA freeezo on the previous (2) boards- if U wanna cross-reference me Vinnie!!

Thanks to Gene 4 starting this.

Glad this guy has some freedom....Like an UNOFFICIAL site S/B!!!

DoubleV(Dino)- thats a tough break the last couple weeks...

Does anyone know if "pyro" from the original board is registered here?

Are you guy's sure VV is not "back on the Streets" (BOTS) DUDEZ from the original board :P they both seem suspiciously nutty
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Hi Freezo, interesting choice of name over here? I thought it was Drew with a spelling mistake.... :wink:

Glad you could make it aboard. We all look forward to some stability.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Fullshed

Post by Fullshed »

Baby-Gene,

Full shed= Vinnie's 1st country single!!!
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Actually Joe's Pyromessiah Board was the second Vinnie Vincent Tribute Site. This one is still up but hasn't been updated in years. A very cool dude by the name of Roger had the Original Vinnie Vincent Tribute Site on AOL. Some of the oldest members may remember this site. Both of these gentlemen were Vinnie Vincent Experts in the late 90's and early 2000's and did a great job with their boards.

Teej may remember Rogers original site and board?

The Pyro Messiah Site used to have a very active board but there became trouble and the board was closed down forever. It was at the time that Dino started the DoubleV Board.

Drew also had a Vinnie Page which showcased his Pink Jackson Double V. Drew and Trevor are the only members here that own Authentic Jackson Double V to the best of my knowledge.
teej

Post by teej »

Hey Kev ... I dont remember the earlier ones than Pyro´s site .. I kinda forgot about VV back then and was listening to a lot of newer stuff .. then a bolt out of the blue made me search online for him .. and found Pyro´s site .. which I am still pissed off getting shut down .. too much craziness happening all round ... my life took a nosedive and it seems a lot of other peoples too but at least I am not accountable for it being shut down .. you all know who you are !

Yeah Drew and me are the only vocal people who have origional Jacksons from the 80´s although there is 1 other guy who Idid post pix of his guitar I used to talk to before my melt-down and his lasting comment was he will be burried with it and would never sell lol .. stand up guy tho

I wish I had seen the origional VV website .. am sure that would have been cool .. but someone is offering to post screenshots so that is great :)
ankh

Post by ankh »

i've posted the address of the old pyromessiah site, but when i click on my message , it seems to be without any text..something's wrong?
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Teej,
back in the mid to late 1990's even before Roger's AOL Site (I think that is was called Guitarmaggedon?) Vinnie had his own website that was very cool and even cutting edge for the time. After talking with friends here who have interacted with Vinnie he must have had a webmaster at the time because his computer skills are not discribed as elevated enough to run what he had set up. It was big and took a long time to load up but it had lots of musical samples, pictures, videos, news, store and great graphics.

Guitarmaggedon Fan Page was next and was followed by the Pyromessiah Fan Page. These two operated at the same for about a year and I was a member of both boards and then Roger backed out because Joe was doing a great job at the Pyromessiah Page that he didn't feel that it was necessary for there to be both sites and twice the work. If memory serves me Roger joined the Pyro Messiah board? I know that Pyromessiah joined Dino's Board and was an occasional contributor and I think Roger may have joined at some point too but didn't post much? I will yield to Dino there as he will know much better than I!

Kev
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

The first board I remember is Pyro's, which was there one minute, gone the next, so we went to Dino's board.

I have vague memories of Vinnie's old site, hopefully some screen shots will bring them back. The late 90's seemed like a cool time for Vinnie stuff, but nothing much came about.

Pyro was on the DoubleV board, he may show up here one day too.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

ankh wrote:i've posted the address of the old pyromessiah site, but when i click on my message , it seems to be without any text..something's wrong?
Here's the Pyro site. Still hosted on Tripod, which shows how old it is.

http://pyromessiah.tripod.com/
teej

Post by teej »

I hope Joe does turn up .. I liked him alot .. really honest guy .. bring forth the Pyro Messiah :P
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

2nd that!

He was a good Vinnie Historian as well
Batman

Post by Batman »

Slayer wrote:2nd that!

He was a good Vinnie Historian as well
I remember him showing up on the doublev board a couple of times.
People were like "oh, what was that again..." The Pyromessiah himself would pop out of nowhere, give an answer like an encyclopedia and be gone :lol:
Studrums

New here

Post by Studrums »

Hello everyone I'm Stu I had posted a couple of times years ago on the old pyro board. I had always checked that last board hoping like hell Vinnie would get his ass in gear.
I've been keeping up with all the drama of late and it's seems Vinnie must really be nuts . We are his Army not his enemy. I did send email to the admin of that last forum pointing that out. If it is Vinnie maybe will see his wrong.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Good to see you Stu, welcome aboard.
Studrums

Post by Studrums »

Thanks 8)
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

i am the "kiss ass" chris bickley

www.chrisbickley.net

:-P
TJMonster

Post by TJMonster »

You should totally put that as you signature chris! Lol
Batman

Post by Batman »

chris bickley wrote:i am the "kiss ass" chris bickley

www.chrisbickley.net

:-P
awesome homepage, dude !
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

done deal
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Hi Chris, you kiss ass you!!
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

8)
mp5999

Post by mp5999 »

we now have 50 registered members! anyone know how many we had on dinos forum or pyromessiah???
Batman

Post by Batman »

mp5999 wrote:we now have 50 registered members! anyone know how many we had on dinos forum or pyromessiah???
A lot more.... we need to get this site somehow viewable when you search for Vinnie on google. Its very hard to find.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

It's not the size ,it's what you do with it !!! Quite honestly ,This site has a lot of interesting traffic.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

oh, i missed the first part of this.

yeah. roger had the aol and pyro was on that i think. I was not on that but i think it was busy. I know pyro had two versions of his board if you remember. genebany when did you join pyro? I looked at it in 1999 and signed up in 2000.
i started doublev in 2008 or late '07 just after pyro stopped. It took a while to build up, i remember vickie vincent was the main reason it picked up and then I won the vinnievincent.com domain in an auction in 2008 and that helped it pick up. we got 700 members in less than two years, (VV has reduced it to 500 now I think) which is ok i think.
Its strange as now my old board with my name is owned by vinnie iand now genebaby's board is the most active. This is certainly a strange twist. why vinnie would want a board with my username i do not know.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Well, You gifted himwith the www.VinnieVincent.com domain so he will most likely switch to that soon enough. Correct? Your thoughts?

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

no idea. he let the link run out when i handed it over. he owns vinnievincentonline.com also.

I think he took the domain simply so no one could use it. actually part of my conditions to give it to him were that I would only give it to him if it was going to be used for the fans and not just locked in the vaults.

i think he may have plan for a site but god knows who will set that up and run it.
A site is the way to go, can not piss his fans of that way.
doublev

Post by doublev »

i don't think vinnie wants to say anything is official in my opinion. so using vinnievincent.com may not happen, who knows. i heard he wasn't going to sign the guitar or the documents that come with the offiical guitar. This may have changed now but i think he likes to be more vague.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

doublev wrote: A site is the way to go,Vinnie cannot piss his fans off that way.
Don't underestimate him.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Come on Vinnie, It's just a JOKE !! Lighten up !! :D

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I think this board will be scanned by the google bots eventually and will start coming up in searches. Not sure how long that takes to happen.

I'm happy with the membership as most of us registered are posting, though a few are not. I'd rather have a small active membership than a lot of inactive ones if that makes sense.

Dino, I can't remember when I first saw Pryo's board, memory is hazy, but it was probably when it started as I was interested in Vinnie and there wasn't much around in the 90's.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

doublev wrote:i don't think vinnie wants to say anything is official in my opinion. so using vinnievincent.com may not happen, who knows. i heard he wasn't going to sign the guitar or the documents that come with the offiical guitar. This may have changed now but i think he likes to be more vague.
Being vague and not lending authenticity to a product that you want to charge that much money for will only lead to poor sales.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Monkey

Post by Monkey »

Hey All,

A little late to the show here, but happy to have found this place after being banned at the old forum....which seems to have turned into a bit of a circus show as of late. They certainly have a very curious way to try to promote something, especially with the dubious history of not delivering ordered merch in the past. Will be interesting to watch. Hopefully the end result will be some new music, and hopefully no more people get screwed while waiting.

DoubleV, I wanted to send you a special thanks for running things over there as well as you did. I've been a mostly silent reader of the few previously existing VV forums since the old pyro messiah days, but I appreciate all of the efforts of those who have made the news/info/pics/etc. of VV available to the rest of us.

Cheers!
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Welcome Monkey,

How did you get deleted in ONE DAY ? What did you say?

-Poserboy71-

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yes, Welcome aboard Monkey. This is the Island of Lost Toys, you've washed up on the beach, we'll look after you here, lol.

I'm interested in what may have gotten you banned over there, and how you found us here too? :)

Vic
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Monkey, You don't have any posts over there. Did you put a flaming bag of dog shit on Vinnie's porch? How ?Wow? Brown cow?

-PB71-

NEWBEGINNINGS
Monkey

Post by Monkey »

lol. Nothing as amusing as a flaming bag of dog turds, although that would have been fun on any given day. I guess I was just part of their "clean-up" process for not filling out everything they wanted with the new profile requirements. I re-created myself today just to see if there was anything new there, so that's why I only had 1 day of history.

I was actually starting to get excited about the possibility of something coming out, so I was checking for VV news a lot more often. That said, I was also wondering if everything was going to go up in flames after reading somewhere about his latest court loss regarding bankrupcy, etc. What a mess.

I think this was already mentioned above, but damn, it seems like it would have been so much easier just to release a CD instead of constantly going to court. I'm still keen to hear what his music will sound like these days though.
Monkey

Post by Monkey »

--oh, and I was just deleted the first time, not banned (sorry, my bad choice of words). I think I only posted there once or twice, and never anything negative.

As for finding this place, I just googled "vinnie vincent forum doubleV" on a whim, just trying to find out what the hell happened over there.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I hate to say this but you are probably banned now for using the same name !! WELCOME HOME ! :D :D

-PB71-

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Monkey wrote: As for finding this place, I just googled "vinnie vincent forum doubleV" on a whim, just trying to find out what the hell happened over there.
We're on Google, cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
anton4

hi all

Post by anton4 »

hello to everybody!
this is antonio from Italy. 43 years old, and a great fan of Vinnie since ages.
when KOL was equipped with a bulletin board i was Anton4 well recognized for being among the top Vinnie's fan there. Hope to find here some of the former participant to the same board!
Keep rockin! VINNIE ROCKS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Welcome Antonia, great to have you here!

Vic
ankh

Post by ankh »

nice to see you here also, antonio ;)
TonyDanzig

Post by TonyDanzig »

Hello Fine People, My Name is Tony and for some reason I cannot get into the Doublev forum so on an invite from the big cheese I gladly registered here. I don't understand it . I was trying to be friendly and get to know people and now I 'm not welcome? I hope it's different over here !There are people over there writing in broken English and then their next post is perfect English! Something is not right .
So where is Vinnie? Is he going to appear or is that board lying? New guitar? New music ? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Hi Tony,

Welcome to our place, we won't boot you off.

Not sure what's happening with Vinnie but it seems some music and the guitar should still be happening.

Vic
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Welcome Tony,
It's a brotherhood here. When we're united ,THEY FALL !!!
Speak your mind or just sit back and enjoy-Things are about to get INTERESTING !!!
-Poserboy71-

NEWBEGINNINGS
Fullshed

Post by Fullshed »

TonyDanzig wrote:Hello Fine People, My Name is Tony and for some reason I cannot get into the Doublev forum so on an invite from the big cheese I gladly registered here. I don't understand it . I was trying to be friendly and get to know people and now I 'm not welcome? I hope it's different over here !There are people over there writing in broken English and then their next post is perfect English! Something is not right .
So where is Vinnie? Is he going to appear or is that board lying? New guitar? New music ? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
Hey Tony, welcome amigo!!!! What is your fav VV period? What do U think of the new KiSS record? I don't have it. Do U recommend?
Into the Spyder's Web I fall!!!!
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Any Vinnie is fine by me. I prefer the overkill combined with melody of the first VVI record. Sonic Boom- Gene songs are superior,Paul has good moments ,Tommy sounds like Ace and Eric is solid as always. I give it a B- .A solid effort.

NEWBEGINNINGS
TonyDanzig

Post by TonyDanzig »

I like the unreleased Vinnie stuff on Youtube .INVINCIBLE jams ! Really progressive sounding.
I don't care for Kiss that much anymore so I couldn't answer that. What I heard of the new album is O.K.