Greetings From The UK To All You Fellow VV Fans!

Say hello and introduce yourself here
Afterglow

Greetings From The UK To All You Fellow VV Fans!

Post by Afterglow »

Hello everyone,

I found this site's link from youtube, never came across the site earlier in the year when I was doing a lot of research on Vinnie and what he was doing now, so I'm very happy to be here and looking forward to meeing fellow VV fans and if Vinnie ever reads this, a very big thankyou to you for giving me so many happy hours listening and being inspired by your music, and I my best wishes to you.

I've been a fan of American melodic hard rock since the mid 80's, I used to a be a tape collector of VHS recordings, I really miss trading, seeing and listening to unreleased material, I'm busy putting together a live/studio/demo list of various rock artists at the moment in the hope meeting fellow traders, if your interested, please get in touch.

Again, really looking forward to being a part of the forum,

Best Regards

Afterglow
Brooklyn_Born

Re: Greetings From The UK To All You Fellow VV Fans!

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Greetings & Welcome to the Forum! :D You will find many passionate individuals here that share the same love for Vinnies music :D
Hey man, I am cool, I am the Breeze...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
This is not a Hate Forum Vinnie...Capisce!!?
Brooklyn has almost left the Building
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Hi Afterglow, welcome to the madness of the VVFF!!

Vinnie's music is among the best of the 80's.

My brother runs a metal video blog and also does trades, have a look at his site:

http://metal-video-collector.blogspot.com/
Commander in chief - VVF Army
n3p

Post by n3p »

Pip pip old bean! Welcome to the forum :)
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
metatron

Post by metatron »

Hi Afterglow. Welcome to the Show!
(Broadcast in 5:1 surround sound & 3D Hi Def were available) :wink:
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
metatron

Post by metatron »

Genebaby wrote: My brother runs a metal video blog and also does trades, have a look at his site:

Vic, your brother just got me 1 degree closer to sane. Been looking for this certain song & who preformed it for somethin' like 20 year. The song was called Fire with Fire & was preformed by a a band called Wild Blue. Found it on your brother blog. Awesome :!: :!: :!: . I'd KISS your brother on the mouth if he was next to me. A real deep wet one too...All tongue. :shock:
[youtube][/youtube]
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

This is a cool track Dannii, looks like it was from a film too...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
Afterglow

Post by Afterglow »

What a welcome! I’m really taken aback you guys, thankyou for taking the time to post and say hi, so very kind of you all!

It’s looks like your all very passionate Vinnie fans Brooklyn_Born, it’s great to see other’s who share the same passion as myself.

Genebaby, I’m going to check your brothers site out, thankyou for the link and welcome, great stuff!

What oh n3p, pip pip, thankyou mate.

Cheers metatron and again to all of you!
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

Afterglow wrote:Hello everyone,

I found this site's link from youtube, never came across the site earlier in the year when I was doing a lot of research on Vinnie and what he was doing now, so I'm very happy to be here and looking forward to meeing fellow VV fans and if Vinnie ever reads this, a very big thankyou to you for giving me so many happy hours listening and being inspired by your music, and I my best wishes to you.

I've been a fan of American melodic hard rock since the mid 80's, I used to a be a tape collector of VHS recordings, I really miss trading, seeing and listening to unreleased material, I'm busy putting together a live/studio/demo list of various rock artists at the moment in the hope meeting fellow traders, if your interested, please get in touch.

Again, really looking forward to being a part of the forum,

Best Regards

Afterglow

Hello afterglow,

Welcome to the VV fan forum. :D :D :D Very well written introductory post. :)
Live life as though it is the third law; "to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." Rules apply whether we are cognizant of them or oblivious.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

metatron wrote:
Genebaby wrote: My brother runs a metal video blog and also does trades, have a look at his site:

Vic, your brother just got me 1 degree closer to sane. Been looking for this certain song & who preformed it for somethin' like 20 year. The song was called Fire with Fire & was preformed by a a band called Wild Blue. Found it on your brother blog. Awesome :!: :!: :!: . I'd KISS your brother on the mouth if he was next to me. A real deep wet one too...All tongue. :shock:
[youtube][/youtube]
My brother is a mad collector of rock and metal footage. He's been converting his old VHS footage for vintage stuff not available elsewhere.

He does a lot of trades. I used to do it for Kiss stuff but not for a long time.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Howdy Afterglow !!!
Feel the pure power of the VVFF (and also The Small Faces !!!).

[youtube][/youtube]
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Afterglow

Post by Afterglow »

Hey KissMyAss, thankyou very much for the welcome and I’m glad my introductory post was ok, tell you the truth I’m not used to forums and how to use them really.

Howdy back Poserboy71, yes I’m definitely feeling the power of the VVFF, very passionate members and top site, it’s great to see VV has so many fans who are showing their support and still care.

Poserboy, you found me out, boy you should be a detective! Yes, my username is taken from the Small Faces song, I use the name also on youtube and a couple of other places maybe, I got into the Small Faces a couple of years ago and they are a classic example of a band and their music who were ahead of their time, if you get a few moments, check out the following live performance from German tv from 1966 which typifies this and what every artist should aim for I believe, for their music to stand the test of time, just like this performance - remember this is 45 years ago!

[youtube][/youtube]

Singer/guitarist Steve Marriot R.I.P. doing his stuff before his transition into rock with Humble Pie.
birnie

Post by birnie »

Aaaaallllll Aboard ! Tooot tooot !

Welcome welcome :)
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

That was pretty cool, though when I saw your username my first thought was of Randy Rhoads and Quiet Riot.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Genebaby wrote:That was pretty cool, though when I saw your username my first thought was of Randy Rhoads and Quiet Riot.
That's what I was going to say!!!

Nigel Pegrum who was Small Faces' drummer lives and runs a recording studio in my home town. And he's married to a relative on my Mum's side but I've never met either of them.

Welcome AG. Many fun times to be had here.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Genebaby wrote:That was pretty cool, though when I saw your username my first thought was of Randy Rhoads and Quiet Riot.
I do my best NOT to think of Quiet Riot even WITH RANDY RHOADS THEY SUCKED !!!
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Afterglow

Post by Afterglow »

Hey Bernie, cheers mate.

Glad you liked the link Genebaby, I’m not too well up on Quiet Riot, I have the album with Paul Shortino on vocals, which is a cracking album, a little research on Afterglow with Rhandy Rhoads and Quiet Riot led me to the track on youtube, it’s a lovely cover from of original Small Faces track from 1969, Quiet Riot first covered it in 1978 and remixed a acoustic version with Rhandy in 1993, Great White covered the song in 1991, a great testament to the Small Faces and the quality of music they created.

Hi shramiac, that’s very interesting about Nigel Pegrum, small world mate, what town are you from out of curiosity?

I can see you guys seem to have a lot of fun on the site the more I’m reading. :D
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

His studio is in Cairns Australia.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Afterglow

Post by Afterglow »

Thanks Shramiac for letting me know, very interesting.
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Cairns is a real Hot place for some Rock n Roll :P

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

I can tell you it was wet up here last week! 20+ inches of rain, some areas had 30+ inches!!!! Didn't need all that but oh well!!!

Cue Rick!!! he he
Afterglow

Post by Afterglow »

30 inches of rain! I thought we had plenty of rain here in the the UK, but that's unbelievable, have a great weekend everyone.