Locked out of the Double V Forum

Say hello and introduce yourself here
Slayer

Locked out of the Double V Forum

Post by Slayer »

The best that I can tell it appears that I have been locked out of the DoubleV Forum because I chose to join this forum in addition to be a member of the other forum. To who do I owe the honor of thanks? Susie Q? Spyder or Vinnie Cusano Vincent himself?

I'm one of those people that could have afforded to buy that $8,000 guitar.

Big Mistake! :twisted:
metatron

Post by metatron »

:twisted: Slayer, dude-mister, Hope your kidding about it co$ting $8000. I got locked out too :cry: . Best thing is not to react. Let them come to you. At the end of the day, a band, a personality, a famous guitarist is only as big as what the fans will let him or her be. :evil:
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

Because I'm a member in this forum, the other forum looked me out. It isn't able for me to go back or sign in. :shock:
I don't understand this :?

Wolfgang
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

It's not very cool behaviour is it guys? It's a sad time to be a Vinnie fan.

Maybe we'll get unlocked when the board starts functioning again.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

All we can do is hope!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
metatron

Post by metatron »

How would http://doublev.forumco.com/ know that I signed up to http://vvforums.hqforums.com? :shock: . Sounds like some foul play is at hand. How would site abc know that I've signed up to site xyz. Don't get it. This makes http://doublev.forumco.com/ a site that is using illegal Exclusive Dealing. :idea: 'Exclusive dealing broadly involves one trader imposing restrictions on another trader’s freedom to choose with whom, or in what, or where they deal. Exclusive dealing is prohibited by section 47 of the Trade Practices Act'. End of Story :evil:
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

What is basically happening is that Vinnie is checking the people that are now members here.

He hasn't posted again as Susie Q but can lurk as a guest as this forum isn't locked down.

If your name here is the same, which most are, we like our usernames, then the rest is easy.

Doesn't make any sense, but it can be done.
metatron

Post by metatron »

Genebaby, man, totally agree with u , but would one really go to such extremes. Sounds exhausting just thinking of doing that. And it's not like there are a billion VV fans anyway. (Not that there shouldn't be a billion fans...music specks for itself) And in 'assuming' that the username on site abc is the same person on site xyz sounding like assuming I'm guilty before I've done the crime. Can't be proven unless the user admits to it. And what is so wrong with having this site open up. Heaps of bands & actors have fan sites that have forums on it. I use to own two coffee franchises & the saying was if another coffee store opens up next to you it could work out to be a good thing, cause it have a multiplying effect. The word gets out. It makes you bigger & better that what you do.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

We can't be sure why any of these things are happening to us.

We've all posted on the other board as we talked about Vinnie with not much hope of a return and then in recent times when news of upcoming releases was impending, anybody can see we are the true faithful.

This board will stay on as a place to speak freely about all aspects of Vinnie's career, everyone is welcome. Old band members, associates, what have you.
birnie

Post by birnie »

There's a big 'explanation' there now from Spyder.
All fine by me but i just read the fine print on new/existing members.....will have to provide full name and address before being allowed back in? Pass.
I don't know who's running it or where they are from.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yes, there's an explanation from "Spyder" who says his name is Chris but his profile shows his name as "Eric". It's on another thread here.
TJMonster

Post by TJMonster »

Ha! Sounds like ol Dino is still trying to be the message board god! I don't see why people even bother with the guy. All he does once your locked out is spread lies about you. Just totally makes things up. Sad really.

On a higher note, good to hear from you slayer!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

TJ, if you take the time to read what is going on you will find Dino is not and has not been for a few months the Admin on that board. He's here with us.

Please play nice.
TJMonster

Post by TJMonster »

I'm gonna have to read it all. Dino use to post under different names and pick fights. It sounds like him from what I have read though.
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Yes,its not Dino anymore,Dino was locked out too
Im done
TJMonster

Post by TJMonster »

Now I thought Dino owned the board. He openly admitted to owning it and the .com name. I filed a coplaint with the company who actually hosts it and he was the owner because they called him and he sent me a nasty email.
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

TJMonster wrote:Now I thought Dino owned the board. He openly admitted to owning it and the .com name. I filed a coplaint with the company who actually hosts it and he was the owner because they called him and he sent me a nasty email.
Its not Dino anymore,he got screwed !
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yes, Dino used to own it, but he handed it all over to Vinnie himself......
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Is anyone capable of viewing the old board or is it shut down completely ? I can't tell if it is incapable of access it due to reconstruction OR I have actually been banned. My username still pops up but it will NOT let me change my password.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I think it's still viewable, but still locked down, if you have valid account.

If your password no longer works it means the new Admin has locked you out, possibly for being on here.
teej

Post by teej »

I was always getting locked out anyways man .. no change hahaha
Batman

Post by Batman »

no change...still locked with the creepy warnings of change and termination.
metalx

Post by metalx »

All I know is at lunch I could view the old board, then I signed up here and now I can't. I'm starting to wonder if VV's coming out of hiding is going to be the positive experience we've waited 20yrs for. Anyway thanks Genebaby for letting me know about this, I appreciate it.
WizKid

Post by WizKid »

I had my WizKid username over there for all of 1 day haha. I was known as NashvilleRock.net before. What a weird situation.
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

WizKid wrote:I had my WizKid username over there for all of 1 day haha. I was known as NashvilleRock.net before. What a weird situation.
Cool,i remember you !
What's the news !
BearFan

Post by BearFan »

I never really posted on the old board, but would read it on occasion. It is a shame (besides the obvious soap opera) that all the interviews, etc are all gone, I realise they exist all over the net, but it was a nice collection all in one place.
ankh

Post by ankh »

hi, i've tried to log on on the old forum, it states that the username or the password are incorrect.So i've tried to register again, only to find out that my nickname and my email adress are already used by another person.That's funny,in a way.Thew whole thing is pretty pathetic.
And, if, and i repeat if, somebody is using my email address, it will be funny to see what he/she/it can do with it.

I don't think it's too hard to run a forum in a decent way.If there was nay problem with me, it would have been simpler to say tha t i wasn't allowed or banned.

Not that i would lose any sleep about it, anyway :lol:
Sandimas

Post by Sandimas »

I just joined up, having been deleted from the old board, so I reckon all users have now been cancelled.

I'm completely baffled by what's going on!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Mate, it's been a strange time. Settle back, read some posts. It will take a while.

Post some pics of your guitars in the Musical section.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Batman

Post by Batman »

BearFan wrote:I never really posted on the old board, but would read it on occasion. It is a shame (besides the obvious soap opera) that all the interviews, etc are all gone, I realise they exist all over the net, but it was a nice collection all in one place.
I agree...we had A LOT ! There were some really rare stuff their too, board members that scanned old magazine etc. We even did some interviewing. I did an email interview with David Snowden (friend of Vinnie and old fan club manager) and I think Doublev did a short one with Bruce Kulick..right?

And I remember that endless 8 page thread about his guitars with pictures and how they've changed. Lists of guitars and so on. 8)
Sandimas

Post by Sandimas »

Genebaby wrote:Mate, it's been a strange time. Settle back, read some posts. It will take a while.

Post some pics of your guitars in the Musical section.
Will do. I'll try and get some different ones from the copies I posted before.

I had a good read of the board, and I understand what's happened. A very odd time.
eddiepagechicago

Post by eddiepagechicago »

I was booted off Double V as of today. I made some comments about Vinnie's Guitars...then I checked back and I was booted.
So lame..

Vinnie, love ya brother...but you gotta stop taking shit out on the fans. It is not our fault you cannot File Chapter 13 Bankruptcy protection against the counter-suit by Gene and Paul. While I think the two of them are lame to have treated you in the past, you lost this whole deal in a court of law. This is now impossible to change. The Kiss machine has won.

But it is not over...you should drop all your non-sense and get Jackson Guitars to re-make your two main axes you used in the Creatures and LIU era. One to be in Acapulco Gold and the other Faded Hot Pink. Both with upside-down Inlays, rosewood fingerboard, no backplate, road worn markings, and the zebra pickup in the neck position and every other wiring part exactly done the same. Sign every one of the guitars, limited edition and BAM!!! you will easily make the $81,000 dollars you now owe the courts.

Then,
Do a Formal Meet & Greet
Have excellent security involved and you must show up to every event before you get paid. Just in case you feel like jerking around.

Finally,
Get Robert Fleishman (if his voice can still do it), Dana Strum (when is not running around being Vince Neil's bass player and personal assistant) and Bobby Rock (I am sure he would be available and has never had a bad word to say about anything of the past) and rock the friggin' club circuit around the world as VVI.

100 limited Edition Guitars x $6000 = $600,000 x .4 = $240,000 (Vinnie's Share)

Meet and Greet (unknown earnings without a full Situation Analysis of Market)
- Showcase the band for the following Club Circuit Tour
- Meet and Greet Pic with an Autograph
- Merchandise for Sale
- Heavy Q & A Segment to clarify all past events - court cases etc.

VVI World Re-Wind Tour - 1986 All Cver Again

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THAT EVERYONE!!!???

I want to be manager /personal liaison of the entire process and will take a 10% cut.

Who wants to work for me?

Good to be back and chatting with all of you.
Rise All Creatures...Hail To The Beast...
Eyes Full Of Fire, Consummate My Feast
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Hi Eddie,

Welcome to the Board. Can I ask how you found us? Obviously Vinnie isn't advertising on his board.

I saw your You Tube page, very cool guitar playing.

A reunion tour of the original VVI would be a total dream come true overload. To hear Robert sing the first album live would be brilliant.

Every man and his dog has been getting back together again these past 15 years, so why not VVI? Most likely Vinnie would be the main hurdle to overcome to make it happen.
eddiepagechicago

Someone contacted me about coming here....so I did.

Genebaby, Thank you for viewing my youtube channel...
I appreciate that so much.

I have transcribed all guitar solos that Vinnie played on Creatures and LIU. I plan on doing videos for those one day.

I hope everyone is enjoying this new Forum...

Can Vinnie shut this site down too?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Dude, your You Tube page is very cool. Can't wait to see some Vinnie stuff on there.

Vinnie can't shut this place down, it's a safe here.
doublev

Post by doublev »

This is a fan site. The other place is propaganda for v, its message board communism. Everyone here loves Vinnie and can not understand his strange way he makes enemies with good honest fans and takes money from them (eg boxset) and the fake users on his board.
Also about kiss. Yes we all know he had a hard ride but he pretty much agreed to join one of the biggest bands in the world for very little return. I think that was the deal and he like his vvi band mates used v to get a step up, he.at least got a reputation enough to be able.to record a record under his own name.
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

welcome eddie .. you are also a victim of being deleted .. no worries your better off being a fan from a far than trying to get close to soem one who dosnt give a fuck about you.

so i say welcome back!
to a real board
cb

ps sounded like a good plan too bad .. no one at fender/jackson would want to would with him on doing a guitar like that.i think if he could have he would have already... i think thats the reason why many major manufactors havent picked up vinnies signature model ,and thats why hes back to a basicly unknown builder.
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

IMO
doublev

Post by doublev »

speak to the guys at carvin. vinnie pissed them off no end.
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

doublev wrote:speak to the guys at carvin. vinnie pissed them off no end.
what happened ?
doublev

Post by doublev »

sorry to hype that up. They said when my dad tried to buy the VV guitar in 1988 (this was in July when that time of year had just come out) that they will never make a vinnie vincent guitar or work with him again. Sorry, no idea what happened.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Any time that I have called Carvin in the past, they have ALWAYS used the excuse that they no longer had machines that were BIG enough to make the Vinnie Vincent guitar. In recent years , they have reintroduced some of the old pointy shapes to their catalog again. Maybe I'll call them this week and try again.
-PB71-
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

my dad tried twice in the summer of 88 and then again two or three times from fall until summer 89 and they said no.
My dad also called jackson between 86 and 89 many many times and each time they said no.
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

sad
doublev

Post by doublev »

i just don't know how those few jackson's came about, unless they were made for vinnie and he didn't take them.
there was no way they would make one for me. it would be great to know who ordered teej and fullshreds guitars originally.

carvin did say that they no longer work with vinnie and this was just after 'that time of year' video. (i think the video aired around july 16 1988) and I had my dad call Carvin the monday after headbangers ball aired.

I ended up getting the exact copy of his double neck in black with abalone block inlays and gold hardware. the 12 string on that was great.
eddiepagechicago

Hey doublev...

I think a Vinnie model can be done through Jackson Guitars. Jackson has a Custom Shop Department that, and I quote from their website, "Our Custom Shop is ready to build your dream guitar or bass!"

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/customshop/specform/

All specs are there to choose from in order to make a Vinnie Model from Creatures / LIU eras. JUST DON'T SAY YOU WANT IT TO BE A VINNIE VINCENT GUITAR.

- Acapulco Gold or Hot Pink (the best may be some off shoot of red or just go with the Acapulco Gold)
- Binding on the Neck
- Sharkfin Reversed Neck Inlays
- Non-Recessed Floyd Rose
- Zebra pickup in neck position (may have to be done aftermarket)
- I believe he had an EMG active pickup in the bridge position (never saw a battery compartment for it on the back so I believe the battery was shoved under the pickguard / electronics area)
- Neck painted up through headstock
- Neck Through the Body
- Black Pickguard
- One volume / Tone knob
- One Toggle switch
- One possible phase switch (not exactly sure what the mini switch did, it's my guess as to what it was)

If someone wants to talk more details...feel free to ask or disagree with me...not a problem. I will help in any way I can.

I hope this helps and feel free to look at the link I have listed above. It's the official Jackson Guitar Website.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Thanks Eddie. Jackson probably won't make another doublev though, due to the Artist guitar rules, which is a bit of a downer.

Looks like the Rhoads' models can be replicated for the most part, though they will get modern Jackson decals. They did a run of Gold ones just like Vinnie used recently as a limited edition.
doublev

Post by doublev »

Jackson will not make the Vinnie model. A few of us contacted them last year.

Regard to an earlier post, yes its a big shame all that guitar research everyone including Freddy has gone. I really find it odd he was deleted and he didn't post anything for a good while. Freddy was so positive and he went to 3 shows on the asg tour. Its unbelievable behavior from v , treating his biggest fans this way. Obviously being a long term fan is not a cool thing in vinnies mind. Loyalty counts for nothing.
ankh

Post by ankh »

probably the miniswitch was to activate the midboost that Vinnie had in his guitar.
Apart from the copyright issues i think any good luthier can make a replica of this guitar,i don´t think its necessa´ry to ask to a big manifacturer.

Just imagine what would happen if somebody in China decided to build copy, it would get Vinnie Q. quite mad..........
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

i could easliy arrange for that chineese dream to happeen