Hey guys

Say hello and introduce yourself here
KhetenAnkh

Hey guys

Post by KhetenAnkh »

Okay, here's another noob. :roll:

One that has already come in after only a couple of posts and asked the big question about Trust. Yeah, with a capital T. Got my feet wet (and a few threats to get rimmed). Still feeling my way around. Trying not to step on toes or touch something squishy. :wink:

Kheten-Ankh translates out to "The Flame Of Life", which is the name that I gave the 'superhero' version of Vinnie when he still wore the make-up and I was drawing comics. Got rid of most of them over the years, but still have some of the sketches and finals. Messed a bit with portrait drawing, but never really excelled at it (as my avatar is proof of). 8)

Been following Vinnie since he joined the band. Was a big KISS fan before, started in 1979 with "Dynasty", and Ace was my fave. Then came Vinnie. Took one look. (Was a student of Egyptology and hieroglyphics already, so it was wow at first sight.) Heard the solo in "A Million To One" and that was it. (Ace who? :lol: )

I have never met the man. I did talk to him on the phone once. I also got a couple of things in the mail from him, including a guitar pick, a 45, and a postcard. He was always friendly and really nice to me. There was a VVI concert in Vancouver, Canada that I missed by one stinking day. I just have that kind of luck. :x

Not sure what else there is to tell. Fave songs are all of the melodic rock variety, not the shredders. Starts with "Gypsy In Her Eyes" and ends with "That Time Of Year". Not that I don't like his other music, it's just not the top of the list. :wink:

That's it, I guess. Questions are welcome. Just be warned, you might not get many answers. Vinnie and I share a certain amount of privacy and agoraphobia issues. I'll do my best. :)

Glad to be here. Thanks for the welcome. :D
Peace. :mrgreen:
wolfgang161272

Re: Hey guys

Post by wolfgang161272 »

Hello KTA,

You have the same like me with Mr. Cusano. BUt I've never talked to him via phone or personally :|
Vinnie Vincent the Ankh Warrior is gone long time ago. Now he is an old fat man sitting 24/7 in front of his computer, not recording anything new and I have a question for you.
What is your intension now? What is Vinnie for you today?
Thanks for answering :mrgreen:
Wolfi
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Big welcome KhetenAnkh. I'd say you have more talent with the drawing than me. Too bad you don't have those comics you drew any more, would have been great to see them.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
MeteoraXV

Post by MeteoraXV »

Yo hows it going?
Wouldve loved to see some Vinnie comics =)
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Yo! Belated welcome!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Welcome to the VVff where All Hells Breakin' Loose :D
Hey man, I am cool, I am the Breeze...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
This is not a Hate Forum Vinnie...Capisce!!?
Brooklyn has almost left the Building
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Welcome KhetanAnkh, It is nice to finally know who the artist is of your avatar. I have seen that in Google pictures for quite a long time and have appreciated the time that it would take to make such a cool sketch.
I hope your comfort level grows .

Rock on ,
Rick
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
metatron

Post by metatron »

Hi KhetenAnkh, awesome avatar. Your a great artist. Welcome to the show.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Welcome!
You are a very gifted artist and I too like the ballads that you mentioned! They are masterpieces!

Kev
erg2

Post by erg2 »

I've always felt Vinnie was musically at his best when he was focused on being more melodic instead of shredding. The ballads are great examples, but if you listen to his work on the Treasure album you really get a sense that he really knows melody.
Unfortunately I think he "lost his mind" a little or got clouded by his own hype and we got things like Guitarmageddon and the Euphoria EP. Some of those songs could have been killer, but they are terribly produced and focus WAY too much on the guitar solos and how fast he could play them or how many notes he could cram in.

Seriously Kheten-Ankh, if you like Vinnie's melodic side more and you haven't listened to the Treasure album with Felixe Cavaliere, you really need to. It's available on Amazon.com now!!
Open your window and see the real world
To know what you've been missing
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
In a heart afraid to listen
KhetenAnkh

Post by KhetenAnkh »

Thanks so much for the welcome! Very glad to have found this place. Sorry I don't show up often, but work calls. Often. I keep trying to get my boss to lose my number, but when you're self-employed, there's not a lot of chance of that. ;)

erg2: I know what you mean about the Treasure album. I was very lucky to find a copy of it about 25 years ago. Even more lucky that it's a demo copy. That's why I only played it once and taped it. Then taped a copy of the tape. And so on, and so on.... :lol: Seriously, thanks for the tip that it's available on Amazon now. Think I might go find me a copy. Love your avatar, BTW. Great concept. It's just too bad that because of the way things are, we'll likely never see a Vinnie figurine in full makeup.
erg2

Post by erg2 »

KhetenAnkh wrote: It's just too bad that because of the way things are, we'll likely never see a Vinnie figurine in full makeup.
A VV ankh figure would be great to have!
Open your window and see the real world
To know what you've been missing
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
In a heart afraid to listen