New here...

Say hello and introduce yourself here
Eloha

New here...

Post by Eloha »

I won't be here too often but if you'd like to know more about me, visit the following sites:

http://www.thesevenate.com
http://www.thesevenate.bandcamp.com
http://www.eloha.bandcamp.com (my entire discography with lyrics and pictures, and stories and reviews... all for sale)
http://www.cyclonerecords.ca/artists/sevenate.htm
http://www.myspace.com/thesevenate
http://www.artistswithaddictions.org
http://www.youtube.com/user/elohalove
http://s759.photobucket.com/albums/xx23 ... 20Gallery/

I used to be a journalist for international hard rock magazines for 26 years. I interviewed many rock stars and went on tour with certain bands like Motley Crue, Bon Jovi, Metallica, and KISS of course!
I was, still am, a big Kiss fan though I don't collect anymore. I sold all my stuff years ago (platinum record for Alive 2, Paul's broken flying V from Wembley, London Oct. 14 or 16, 1984 (can't remember) every guitar pick from every member of Kiss ever, including Mark St John!, Eric Carr drum sticks, a million posters and magazine articles, bootlegs galore and a special collection of pictures without make-up when it was rare!)
The only thing I still collect are books. Lydia Criss's is great, Chris Lendt's book is great too, and all the others I could get my hands on. I am looking to re-acquire the two Japanese Music Life encyclopedias from 1977 and 1978. Contact me if you have these and any book about Kiss or the members or ex-members. I still have all my DVD bootlegs and all the interview cassettes from my interviews with Kiss over the years. Ironically, the only one I lost is the Vinnie Vincent interview from L.A. I lost it when I moved back to Canada from L.A. I think my ex-roommate stole it, along with a bunch of my cool pictures. That really hurt. Luckily I still have a lot of great pictures, check out a few on Photobucket (the last link I gave you...) I will post one of my great interviews with Paul Stanley on my next posting, just for you guys...
BTW: I want to say that in my opinion Vinnie Vincent was incredibly talented musically but he was clumsy at relationships. He had an ego that got in the way of his accomplishments. and a bit of paranoia... He thought people were out to get him and was overly defensive. He helped make Kiss relevant to the followers of the new heavy metal scene by adding a more modern style of lead guitar which was the norm at the time. He also helped the two main songwriters of Kiss get out of a rut they were in. Both of them had reached a sort of plateau and were stuck repeating themselves, which is why they were looking for input from outside songwriters at the time. Vinnie came in and litterally lit a fire under their asses with his hot ideas and style. The problem is they had big egos of their own and even if these were undeniable facts, Paul & Gene were notready to hear this out loud. Their egos were to sensitive. At the same time, Vinnie's own ego was also oversized and he was asking for an equal share of a pie that came from a decade of MASSIVE success by a band that was legendary. He should have had more respect for this legacy, and should have remained more humble. He could have used a bit of diplomacy and understood that you don't come out and tell two superstars that you saved their band and ask for an equal amount of money when you've only just started, was basically a nobody a year ago and now you should have the same power as two guys who built an empire. He was lucky to be in such a band and he should have realized so.

After Kiss, Vinnie proved how truly talented he was and how far he wanted to take this. His 2 Invasion albums were awesome but he went so fast. He was so terribly hungry for fame and recognition that he moved too quick. He should have taken the time to grow the band organically until they were a tight unit. Instead he went and recorded with Fleishman, then found his singer in Slaughter but they were never a band, just a backup for Vinnie's ego. Again he should have realized that he can't do it all alone and he should have listened to his bandmates and valued their input, their talent and their relationships. His band was great because of the sum of the parts he had. He can't sing like Slaughter, or play drums, etc... It's a group thing. You all depend on each other in a band, and even though it is sometimes difficult because everyone has faults and shortcomings, quirky personalities. You have to accept this and learn to love & respect each other with all these quirks. Vinnie was demanding, impatient, and ungrateful for all he was given: Of course Karma dictates that it had to be taken away from him. Gratefulness... Important stuff... Vinnie in the end is an artist who had some hard lessons to learn, but he was also incredibly gifted with an awesome sense of melody, hooks and songwriting, as well as an awesome talent on guitar: A true virtuoso. A lot of true virtuosos are difficult personalities, it's just a fact of life...

Cheers!

Eloha
Eloha
God of the Order of The Sevenate
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: New here...

Post by Genebaby »

Hi Eloha!! Thanks so much for joining the VVFF, your input is fantastic and most welcome.

Vinnie's time in Kiss was very volatile and I can understand the Gene and Paul would have been difficult to work with in terms of a new guy coming in and wanting so much. The same situation is if you start in any big company, yes you might come with some great ideas that do well, but you don't automatically become VP alongside guys who have been there for years.

On the other hand, Gene and Paul should have recognised the rut they were in and their recent failure with letting the Elder be released and almost ruining their careers.

Kiss are in the studio again right now and I'm excited to hear what they come up with, but it would be so good if they would write with Vinnie, the ungrateful one, again.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

Hi Eloha,
What's the password for photobook? I can't get in but I wanna see the great pics :D
I'm totally happy that you joined this forum and share the things about Vinnie with us
Wolfi
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Eloha, Thanks so much for accepting the invitation. Your honesty is wonderful. We look forward to hearing about your newest projects as well as your contact with Mr.Aucoin.
We don't pull any punches here. People get praise or punishment when deserved. the funny thing is, we still root for Vinnie and only want the best for him.

Take care -We hope you enjoy the forum,

Rick Schobel (aka-Poserboy71)
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Carlo

Post by Carlo »

Very interesting. As I have said the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Each side has their version. I'd just like to make a proposal. Can't Vinnie, Paul, and Gene just put their differences aside and make amends for the sake of the music?? Is it possible for them to hook up and make at least one other historical album together? They should get together, talk and get it all out and then respect one another and put out some damn good music !
doublev

Post by doublev »

I have the music life books. In storage . Didn't realise they were collectable.
Iceman75

Post by Iceman75 »

Wow! Quite the intro!
Happy to have you here!!!
I look forward to your posts.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Iceman75 wrote:Wow! Quite the intro!
Happy to have you here!!!
I look forward to your posts.
Exactly what I was going to say!!!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Plus we need the password to the pics!!!!!!!!
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

What a great Avatar pic! You are very fortunate to have worked with all of those great artists in the past! Welcome to the VVFF! :wink:
Hey man, I am cool, I am the Breeze...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
This is not a Hate Forum Vinnie...Capisce!!?
Brooklyn has almost left the Building
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Genebaby wrote:Plus we need the password to the pics!!!!!!!!
Please and Thank You !!! :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
metatron

Post by metatron »

Hi Eloha, welcome
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.