Vinnie Vincent KISS World Merch FOUND!

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
AceAlive1

Re: Vinnie Vincent KISS World Merch FOUND!

Post by AceAlive1 »

i want one :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Wow, it's been two years since this happened, time flies. They may come up again someday, but I never saw one for sale again until Paul found them in Melbourne.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Would've been cool if Vinnie would've given a slight nod to his KISS days and somehow incorporated the ankh into the VV Invasion... somewhere on his jacket, painted on one of his double V's, ankh earrings OR wear the necklace from the LIU cover.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

PinkWiz wrote:Would've been cool if Vinnie would've given a slight nod to his KISS days and somehow incorporated the ankh into the VV Invasion... somewhere on his jacket, painted on one of his double V's, ankh earrings OR wear the necklace from the LIU cover.
The Ankh will eventually be on my TJ Monster guitar. EVENTUALLY... :D :D :D :D

If I ever have Mr. Palecki make a guitar for me, the white/gold or the gold leaf would look incredible with Ankh inlays !!!! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

poserboy71 wrote: If I ever have Mr. Palecki make a guitar for me, the white/gold or the gold leaf would look incredible with Ankh inlays !!!! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Ankh inlays? Why fuck yes!
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Small top edge ankhs with maybe a big one at the 12th would be cool!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

shramiac wrote:Small top edge ankhs with maybe a big one at the 12th would be cool!

YES and with a guitar strap with multiple ankhs going top to bottom...
Brainsaw

Post by Brainsaw »

Genebaby wrote:Wow, it's been two years since this happened, time flies. They may come up again someday, but I never saw one for sale again until Paul found them in Melbourne.

Did you also purchase the poster Vinnie was selling of that picture back in 1996 or 97? It wasn't as near elaborate but it was only like $30.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

No, I didn't get the poster from Vinnie.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I'm sure most of us would buy things like that if the price was right.

NEWBEGINNINGS
TheGoodDr

Post by TheGoodDr »

I'm sure most of us would buy things like that if the price was right.
Here! Here!
I'm throwing down the $$$ for one of those signed Ace Frehley Guitar straps he's selling online and would gladly pay something similar for a Vinnie Vincent eqivalent!
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

TheGoodDr, That guitar strap is actually really cool. Good price although I think some added trinkets would make the deal better. (picks, strap locks)...

NEWBEGINNINGS
TheGoodDr

Post by TheGoodDr »

TheGoodDr, That guitar strap is actually really cool. Good price although I think some added trinkets would make the deal better. (picks, strap locks)...
I figure there's no way Ace is going to sign my Epiphone, so displaying it with the signed guitar strap will have to do. Other than that, my other option would be to buy a signed budokan.

$300 + shipping Vs $1800 + shipping to Australia......the choice was really a no-brainer.
Last edited by TheGoodDr on Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheGoodDr

Post by TheGoodDr »

LoL......I just checked out Ace's site......the signed Budokan now comes with a FREE signed guitar strap!!!
Brainsaw

Post by Brainsaw »

TheGoodDr wrote:
I figure there's no way Ace is going to sign my Epiphone, so displaying it with the signed guitar strap will have to do. Other than that, my other option would be to buy a signed budokan.

$300 + shipping Vs $1800 + shipping to Australia......the choice was really a no-brainer.

Has Frehleys Comet / Ace ever done any touring of Australia?
TheGoodDr

Post by TheGoodDr »

Ace toured Australia in early 2010 in support of Anomaly.
Brainsaw

Post by Brainsaw »

TheGoodDr wrote:Ace toured Australia in early 2010 in support of Anomaly.
And you didn't have the guitar then to try and get to him and get him to sign it?
TheGoodDr

Post by TheGoodDr »

Nope. I only started collecting guitars about 18 months ago......
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Brainsaw wrote:
TheGoodDr wrote:Ace toured Australia in early 2010 in support of Anomaly.
And you didn't have the guitar then to try and get to him and get him to sign it?
$500.00 charge. BULLSHIT

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

TheGoodDr wrote:LoL......I just checked out Ace's site......the signed Budokan now comes with a FREE signed guitar strap!!!
Lol, that is so typical!!!
Brainsaw

Post by Brainsaw »

Genebaby wrote:
TheGoodDr wrote:LoL......I just checked out Ace's site......the signed Budokan now comes with a FREE signed guitar strap!!!
Lol, that is so typical!!!

So sales weren't that hot....so they had to throw in a bone?
TheGoodDr

Post by TheGoodDr »

Just goes to show, if someone like Ace Frehley can't move signed guitars for $1800 as quickly as expected, how the heck is a second fiddle like Vinnie Vincent possibly going to sell a guitar for $9000 :roll:
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

That is it right there!!
Brainsaw

Post by Brainsaw »

TheGoodDr wrote:Just goes to show, if someone like Ace Frehley can't move signed guitars for $1800 as quickly as expected, how the heck is a second fiddle like Vinnie Vincent possibly going to sell a guitar for $9000 :roll:

Probably the same way Invasion outsold Frehleys Comet and ASG outsold "Second Sighting".

If Vinnie was such a second fiddle, Ace should have been far more successful during his solo career.

Ace was certainly able to move some Gibson guitars earlier (when the reunion wasn't that far away and when he was still back in the band). But as Ace gets further and further away... those guitars aren't selling like they were before.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I would buy a genuine VVV for $1800, with a signed strap, and a case of course. I have little interest in another Les Paul, one is enough for me.

If Vinnie was able to sell them for $1800 I wonder how many would sell? Probably less than what Ace has achieved.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

As bitchen as the guitar looks with its shape it wouldn't necessarily have wide appeal with the exception of Vinnie Fans, People performing on stage and Kids looking for a showy cool shaped guitar. Actually from all practicality his Charvel Strat variation ,might have the widest appeal to the masses?

If Paul ever whores himself back to BC Rich I'd like to get one of the Cheetah Eagles and the Shattered Mirror Warlocks.
Brainsaw

Post by Brainsaw »

Slayer wrote:As bitchen as the guitar looks with its shape it wouldn't necessarily have wide appeal with the exception of Vinnie Fans, People performing on stage and Kids looking for a showy cool shaped guitar. Actually from all practicality his Charvel Strat variation ,might have the widest appeal to the masses?

If Paul ever whores himself back to BC Rich I'd like to get one of the Cheetah Eagles and the Shattered Mirror Warlocks.

Gibson wasn't after Ace in the 80's. And there's 50 fans (or less) who were hardcore enough Ace fans to get one his Washburns back then. I think 25 of the black/white and 25 of the black/red.

Ace got the good Gibson deal after the reunion. Alot of those sold were probably just collectors hoping they'd go up in value.

If Vinnie were part of the reunion, there probably would have been a Gibson Les Paul Vinnie model with the bow released or Jackson putting out one for him.

I would hope most of the people buying Ace's right now... aren't playing it and scratching it up... but just have it hanging on the wall in their Man Cave like Hard Rock displays them.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Brainsaw,
Actually a couple of folks here have the Washburn Frehley Model including Elder Poserboy. Interesting the concept of a Cusano Les Paul. I've only seen a few pictures of Vinnie with a Les Paul over the years and they are a quite different instrument than his apparent "wheel house" or perceived comfort zone guitars. Can you see him with a Les Paul with EMG Pick Ups and a body routed for a Floyd Rose? Put some Abalone V inlays on the neck and this sounds pretty cool actually.

Does Vinnie like Les Paul's Brainsaw?

Kev
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Ace had a deal with gibson around 1994 or 95 I believe . I saw the ace model in guitar centre in hollywood back then and before the reunion was on the cards.
Bye Bye
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

doublev2 wrote:Ace had a deal with gibson around 1994 or 95 I believe . I saw the ace model in guitar centre in hollywood back then and before the reunion was on the cards.
I also agree with Dino's Statements here in that I believe that Ace had the Gibson Endorsement prior to the Kiss Reunion Gig. I do however believe that many more of these guitars were sold because of the Kiss Reunion than would have sold if there had been no reunion. I think that newer Blue Frehley Model looks good.
Brainsaw

Post by Brainsaw »

Slayer wrote:Brainsaw,
Actually a couple of folks here have the Washburn Frehley Model including Elder Poserboy. Interesting the concept of a Cusano Les Paul. I've only seen a few pictures of Vinnie with a Les Paul over the years and they are a quite different instrument than his apparent "wheel house" or perceived comfort zone guitars. Can you see him with a Les Paul with EMG Pick Ups and a body routed for a Floyd Rose? Put some Abalone V inlays on the neck and this sounds pretty cool actually.

I have a little more respect for Poserboy now. Do you know if he got Ace to sign his? I was at a few of his shows...were some kids brought in the guitar to be signed after the show.

I can't remember what exactly he's said about Les Paul's. You might try the ProTalk interview if you can find it online. He discusses his favorite gear on there....discusses loaning Eddie Van Halen one of his guitars and some other things.
Brainsaw

Post by Brainsaw »

Slayer wrote:
doublev2 wrote:Ace had a deal with gibson around 1994 or 95 I believe . I saw the ace model in guitar centre in hollywood back then and before the reunion was on the cards.
I also agree with Dino's Statements here in that I believe that Ace had the Gibson Endorsement prior to the Kiss Reunion Gig. I do however believe that many more of these guitars were sold because of the Kiss Reunion than would have sold if there had been no reunion. I think that newer Blue Frehley Model looks good.

Here''s a good resource for Ace's Gibson's. Gibson has even linked to them.

http://www.acefrehleylespaul.com
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Brainsaw wrote:

I have a little more respect for Poserboy now. Do you know if he got Ace to sign his? I was at a few of his shows...were some kids brought in the guitar to be signed after the show.

I'm sure Rick will comment soon but to the best of my knowledge I don't think that his Washburn has been signed by Ace.

I can't remember what exactly he's said about Les Paul's. You might try the ProTalk interview if you can find it online. He discusses his favorite gear on there....discusses loaning Eddie Van Halen one of his guitars and some other things.
ankh

Post by ankh »

contrary to many statments about it, the AF 40 had a normal production run for a while,and now is very sought after with prices skyrocketing.There's a long debate about being white lightining or silver lightning bolt on it.
From washburn forum:

Ace wanted to play a triple pickup Eagle model which he really liked, but management at the time didnt want the Eagle in the lineup anymore so they decided that Ace really wanted to play the AF. This isnt unusual though, but it would have been nice to choose something Ace would have liked. The other model it was based on, the G70, had only hit the price lists and not very many had been made, so it wasnt like the public were aware of them anyway. The AFs were made for about 3 years and were available in black only with silver, white or red accents. There are no production totals available but I would guess between 400 and 2000 would be about it. You will hear people claim only 60 were made but those are the people trying to sell theirs. Right now Ed Roman is making copies of them. He has been up to that for about 10 years, but he seems more intent on making them now."

I've exchanged email with Bill baker whio owned the origian one Ace used in the "uinto the night" vid and he told me it wasn't that much of a great guitar.

About Vinnie and les pauls, ed roman,if i'm correct, stated that he sold Vinnie a les paul in 1977, before he was famous, and ot a good one too.
here's a page of ed roman dedicated to Vinnie and his guitar model:

http://www.edroman.com/guitars/abstract/vtwin.htm
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Brainsaw wrote:
Slayer wrote:

Here''s a good resource for Ace's Gibson's. Gibson has even linked to them.

http://www.acefrehleylespaul.com
Dino,
I just referenced this website and if I'm reading this correctly it indicates the 1st Ace Frehley Les Paul was made in August 1997 which is well after the reunion tour started in 1996 I believe? I guess we are going down in flames together on this one unless you know or remember something that I don't LOL :-) For the record Dino I remembered the dates pretty much just like you did as 1994 or 95 but according to this website it's 8/1997.

Brainsaw you are correct here!

Kev
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Brainsaw do you still play your peavey bass?
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Ace didn't have a signature model until AFTER the reunion started. :D

NEWBEGINNINGS
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

poserboy71 wrote:
Rick, your absolutely correct after further investigation on my part. The years have dulled my memory :-)
Brainsaw

Post by Brainsaw »

ankh wrote:The AFs were made for about 3 years and were available in black only with silver, white or red accents. There are no production totals available but I would guess between 400 and 2000 would be about it. You will hear people claim only 60 were made but those are the people trying to sell theirs. m[/url]
That's certainly different from what I heard back then.

From what I heard, the white sold out almost immediately and then there was the read that was going almost as fast. Also when they came out what I heard was the 25 and 25.

Ace and his road manager were also talking about how rare they were....when I was at a show backstage a kid got his signed.
Brainsaw

Post by Brainsaw »

poserboy71 wrote:

Don't question his "memory" ;)
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I stated it as fact. :wink:

NEWBEGINNINGS
Brainsaw

Post by Brainsaw »

poserboy71 wrote:I stated it as fact. :wink:
Remember that same memory said:

hardly any magazine coverage for VVI leading up to ASG

Ashes to Ashes wasn't played on the radio and no Vinnie fan heard it played on the radio.

Love Kills and That Time of Year were only played a couple of times on Headbangers ball and that's it.

Boyz Are Gonna Rock video was never in rotation.

etc etc

Ah, his memory! =)
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

You sure have a hard-on :wink: for Dino.
I've seen other members give you more of a hard time yet you point your statements entirely at him. What gives ?

NEWBEGINNINGS
Brainsaw

Post by Brainsaw »

poserboy71 wrote:You sure have a hard-on :wink: for Dino.
I've seen other members give you more of a hard time yet you point your statements entirely at him. What gives ?
Because he's the clueless one who started all this nonsense. And then you backed him up like he has any clue at all. Why?

From reading all posts trying to find out who this GonnaRock person, I saw his parents owned some club in the 70's. That's his big claim to being an insider in the music business? Come on!!

The guy was buying rock magazines at pawnshops for Pete's sake.

Not to mention all his continued flat out falsehoods about radio play etc. And then the continued answer the question, when all those damn answers for the most part were already out there and apparently he can't read.

Then when people around here don't like facts-- out comes the Trade Mags blah blah blah. But Wikipedia says.

It's just ridiculous. All his "inside info"... is he emails somebody these days.... and that's called "I talked to them".

And of course....at least now he's obsessed with me and he's not posting the b.s. he was comparing Vinnie to OJ and other garbage. He's certainly no fan and he doesn't know jack about VVI.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

The only thing I agreed with Dino about is that you have given up your identity very easily. I know it's hard for you to see it because you are so close but you have been busted.

You haven't shown the proof that you claim to have either.
At least I know Dino, have spoken with him on the phone :wink: , and have hung out with him a bit.
We will be hanging out in about a week or so and will possibly meet up with 3 other forum members and a very good singer :wink: .

NEWBEGINNINGS
Brainsaw

Post by Brainsaw »

poserboy71 wrote:The only thing I agreed with Dino about is that you have given up your identity very easily. I know it's hard for you to see it because you are so close but you have been busted..
You were his enabler when he first started saying b.s. so don't act like this is all you've agreed upon.

I could care less if who goes and meets Robert. Bring some pot with ya!

Yes, now I'm GonnaRock, before I was some Angel person...then I was Vinnie before than and someone else. Ah, the "braintrust" around here is amazing.

Everything Dino's said has fallen apart. Maybe he'll go back to his inside sources with the OJ information and all the rest. It's people like him who make real Vinnie fans not want to come here....
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Brainsaw,
Dino was a tremendous Vinnie Vincent Fan that started the DoubleV Forum as a place to honor Vinnie Vincent and hopefully encourage Vinnie to connect with his fans (US and Others) and possibly make a comeback.

Vinnie did at some point comeback and have some selective communication with some of his fans so most of Dino's Goals where achieved. Unfortunately, many true fans got hurt in the process and when people hurt they act out. This can be true at times for everybody Vinnie included. In my opinion Vinnie has acted out when he has been hurt as well.

Respectfully,

Kev
Brainsaw

Post by Brainsaw »

Dino was a tremendous Vinnie Vincent Fan that started the DoubleV Forum as a place to honor Vinnie Vincent and hopefully encourage Vinnie to connect with his fans (US and Others) and possibly make a comeback.

Vinnie did at some point comeback and have some selective communication with some of his fans so most of Dino's Goals where achieved. Unfortunately, many true fans got hurt in the process and when people hurt they act out. This can be true at times for everybody Vinnie included. In my opinion Vinnie has acted out when he has been hurt as well.

Respectfully,

Kev

Thanks for the explanation. I don't know anything about the Double V Forums.

For the most part, I haven't looked, bothered or gone out of my to check out sites etc for many years.

I usually just don't pay attention to them. There's no new music to discuss. And most of the time is dissolves around the Archives and other things like that.

A friend had emailed me the link to these forums around the time of the 2nd podkist or whatever they are .... I looked around....seemed like alot of anger towards Vinnie....

Then I first posted before #4 came out. At least that one wasn't near the "ripping of Vinnie" as some of the others had seemed. Especially #3.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Brainsaw,
1st of all your very welcome here and you are very knowledgeable and have contributed a ton of information to this forum. I personally thank you for that. What you say is true and for many years we all licked it around edges so to speak because Dino's steadfast goal was to create a very warm and welcoming environment for Vinnie in hopes that he would speak to us and hopefully feel fully encouraged to make a comeback for himself 1st and his fan base 2nd. Nothing resembling a negative comment about Vinnie was tolerated on the DoubleV Forum by Dino. (Dino = Doublev Here)There were many forum members that had a wide array of skill sets that were willing to donate their labor and time to help Vinnie make this successful comeback if he chose that it was something that he wanted. I will spare the gory details of what went down but it is all documented here especially from posts at the origin of this forum. If your interested go back to the oldest posts on the forum. There are in deed many mean and negative posts from people including myself who had just been recently hurt there at the beginning of this forum but this has never been a Vinnie Vincent Hate Forum. What this forum has tried its best to be is a true fan dedicated Vinnie Vincent Truth Forum. We are a mile from perfect but as achievers we are always trying to be better and more accurate than we were yesterday. This forum exists and arose because we were all locked out of the DoubleV Forum by Vinnie Vincent after Dino gifted that forum to Vinnie.

So in conclusion what has arisen from the ashes is a place where we praise Vinnie for his many achievements and gifts but we and this forum also recognize the truthful circumstances of when things have unfortunately gone wrong with Vinnie. We have in many and most cases provided each other here with concrete physical evidence that the event in question actually did in fact occur. (You will see many examples of this in the forum archives) It is also true that everyone here has speculated on some things to from our accumulated experiences.

We are human but upon examination I feel confident that you will agree that this isnt the hate forum some have labeled us.

Thanks again for your contributions

Kev
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Brainsaw wrote:
poserboy71 wrote:The only thing I agreed with Dino about is that you have given up your identity very easily. I know it's hard for you to see it because you are so close but you have been busted..
You were his enabler when he first started saying b.s. so don't act like this is all you've agreed upon.

I could care less if who goes and meets Robert. Bring some pot with ya!

Yes, now I'm GonnaRock, before I was some Angel person...then I was Vinnie before than and someone else. Ah, the "braintrust" around here is amazing.

Everything Dino's said has fallen apart. Maybe he'll go back to his inside sources with the OJ information and all the rest. It's people like him who make real Vinnie fans not want to come here....
I have also sided with you when it was of my opinion when you were correct.
If pot use is the only bad thing you can say about Robert then... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
People have done far more damage with alcohol.

I never said "WHO" you are by the way. I do know. :wink:
But who really needs proof with a comment ? You've shown that you don't believe in that.

NEWBEGINNINGS