Seeking individuals scammed by Vinnie Vincent.

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
DaBonadono

Seeking individuals scammed by Vinnie Vincent.

Post by DaBonadono »

Please make mention of the issue(s) you had in dealing with Vinnie Vincent (aka. Vincent Cusano).
We are trying to compile a list of those that ordered the Vinnie Vincent Archives box set in 1996.
All other issues (such as guitars, etc.) are welcome.
poserboy71

Re: Seeking individuals scammed by Vinnie Vincent.

Post by poserboy71 »

By the way, this compilation is only for the sake of seeing who was fucked with and not to foolishly pursue money that people will never see.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
DirtyRhythm

Post by DirtyRhythm »

As I said in the other thread...I ordered a box set way back when and have the Metaluna letters packed away.
But after...what? 14 years I wouldn't even use the word "scammed". I like to think he had good intentions but some financial issue cause him to use the money for something else. It's just sad...all I want is to hear some new (or old unreleased) music from the guy. That $120 is long gone...
Nuke It, Nuke It...start over again
DaBonadono

Post by DaBonadono »

DirtyRhythm wrote:I like to think he had good intentions but some financial issue cause him to use the money for something else.
So put out an overpriced, low quality CD called "Speedball Jam"........avoid everyone............then sell a guitar for $9,000.

Good intentions?
doublev

Post by doublev »

I used to think the boxset failure was down to a financial meltdown. Could well have been. I think its clear he offers things for sale before he has worked out its feasible or even possible. He wants deposits before he has a product to sell. It's hard to know if he sets out to scam or not but for sure he has no problem in taking your money and not delivering a product.
DaBonadono

Post by DaBonadono »

doublev wrote:but for sure he has no problem in taking your money and not delivering a product.
That sounds like a scam.
Fullshed

Post by Fullshed »

doublev wrote:I used to think the boxset failure was down to a financial meltdown. Could well have been. I think its clear he offers things for sale before he has worked out its feasible or even possible. He wants deposits before he has a product to sell. It's hard to know if he sets out to scam or not but for sure he has no problem in taking your money and not delivering a product.
My opinion on that is no doubt Vinnie had good intentions. I'm sure most of those deposits went to studio time. A few years after that (early 2000's) I followed Michael Sweet get into similar trouble...and he's from Stryper!!! He ended up giving fans 2 cd's for being pretty late on delivering the product.
Into the Spyder's Web I fall!!!!
Fullshed

Post by Fullshed »

Oh yeah otherwise I agree with U guy's. I think the other things were pretty much scams
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Vinnie is usually highly protective of his music (demos). Do you guys and gals think he released a bunch of those rare demos on Youtube to try (in his mind) to make amends for the box set fiasco ? I don't think a lot of people would 've had some of those demos. Musicians that Vinnie worked with didn't even have copies of the stuff that they played on to learn the songs while recording.

THOUGHTS ?

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

Rick. No no no no nooooooo. He has not and will not make amends. I think you give him way too much respect in that area.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

doublev wrote:Rick. No no no no nooooooo. He has not and will not make amends. I think you give him way too much respect in that area.
I attempted to reason that he had a moment of kindness (or in Vinnie-speak, WEAKNESS). :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by poserboy71 on Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

I know how it is.. but I think he's much too stubborn to ever admit fault.
DaBonadono

Post by DaBonadono »

poserboy71 wrote:Vinnie is usually highly protective of his music (demos). Do you guys and gals think he released a bunch of those rare demos on Youtube to try (in his mind) to make amends for the box set fiasco ? I don't think a lot of people would 've had some of those demos. Musicians that Vinnie worked with didn't even have copies of the stuff that they played on to learn the songs while recording.

THOUGHTS ?

You know what, a few years ago I was thinking the same thing..........only thing is, why would he put up sub par quality stuff. That is what he should have done. Put it out there for people to have it. Link MP3's and offer some pro-shot videos. It wouldn't be that difficult for him to do this right now. He can clear his reputation, earn new fans, bring back old fans, and sell his music, etc.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

My reply to someone asking what we wanted to achieve with this endeavor on KISSFAQ:

The idea of this is to see how many people will come forward. There is only speculation as to the number of people Vinnie screwed out of their money.

We would love for Vinnie to own up to this and make things right with the people he stole from. We know that it is a very long shot.

Vinnie needs to make good with these people or GO AWAY FOR GOOD.

We have had a LONG RUNNING community of Vinnie fans on our various forums. Things were peaceful until Vinnie purposefully started messing with his fans minds by promising new things.
Some of you will bring up an incident of stalking. The individual involved in that incident was promised a guitar by Vinnie and even has e-mails to prove this. The thing is , this fan actually held Vinnie to his word and showed up at his house, had a very polite conversation with Vinnie's wife, then was slapped with a restraining order from Vinnie's wife. Vinnie's name is NOWHERE on the order. Vinnie's wife has reinstated this order each year since the initial order.

We were a WISHFUL and loyal fan community without Vinnie messing with us. Vinnie chose to seek us out and stir the pot.

We would like him to be cool, follow through with his promises, take care of those he has hurt and stolen from OR JUST GO AWAY INTO SECLUSION FOREVER !!!

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

Rick not everyone would love for v to rectify this. An apology but for most of us its gone way past hoping he will all of a sudden be nice. He's not god or anything.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Vinnie still has the power to make things right.

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

Yes, for some... but Rick he never will. It's impossible. He is not like most people. He doesnt give in, a bit like me but I will say i am wrong eventually. I am a fan because I was a fan for 25 years and that doesn't go over night but I will never forget what he does to his fans .
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

DaBonadono wrote:
poserboy71 wrote:Vinnie is usually highly protective of his music (demos). Do you guys and gals think he released a bunch of those rare demos on Youtube to try (in his mind) to make amends for the box set fiasco ? I don't think a lot of people would 've had some of those demos. Musicians that Vinnie worked with didn't even have copies of the stuff that they played on to learn the songs while recording.

THOUGHTS ?

You know what, a few years ago I was thinking the same thing..........only thing is, why would he put up sub par quality stuff. That is what he should have done. Put it out there for people to have it. Link MP3's and offer some pro-shot videos. It wouldn't be that difficult for him to do this right now. He can clear his reputation, earn new fans, bring back old fans, and sell his music, etc.
We said and it would cost him little but his time to upload the material and it would make amends. In reference to your thread title it's well documented here that Vinnie stole $120 from my wife in 1996 in her attempt to order me the Archives for a gift. Over a year later of patiently trusting his updates she asked for a refund and stated that we would reorder the product when and if it ever became available and he angrily responded that all sales were final (I never recalled anything ever stating that on the website) and essentially for all practical purposes invited her to go fuck herself for writing him a check over a year earlier for something that she would never receive. I don't know but I believe that he has the material that he advertised but is unwilling to share it at this point with those that paid for it. If he would stop being a dick and be respectable to people and just get back to work and release new material I would probably just get over it while enjoying his new music. However the way that he acts and treats the nice people here that are his fans makes me want him PUNISHED!
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

The big point that I am trying to politely make is that SINCE HE WILL NOT TREAT PEOPLE WITH LOVE AND RESPECT AS MOST PEOPLE DO, WE NEED TO MAKE SURE HE GOES AWAY AND DO SO IN A WAY THAT HE KNOWS WE MEAN BUSINESS . He has purposefully fucked with us, WE KNOW IT'S HIM, he continues to play games and threaten us legally and physically.

We were a peaceful fan community that wished for Vinnie's return until he started messing with our members. Tommy and you (Dino) being at the top of the list.
We have given him MANY ways to rectify this situation. This compilation of names of victims from his bad business dealings is VINNIE'S FINAL CHANCE TO MAKE GOOD.

Vinnie needs to react in a positive manner or just GO AWAY FOREVER and leave us with what little fandom we still have left.

NEWBEGINNINGS
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Slayer (Uncle Kev),

Praise the LORD and pass the ammunition !!! :D :D :D

NEWBEGINNINGS
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

From KISSFAQ: ***

poserboy71 wrote:
Vinnie needs to make good with these people or GO AWAY FOR GOOD.

Carnival Of Souls wrote:
Job done, it would appear. Idea

Poserboy71 wrote:
Unfortunately , Vinnie is still threatening us via his Youtube page plus through e-mails from his attorney Mark Nolan.

He has posted things on our page using different screen names.
He cannot handle criticism and needs to stop messing with us and just leave us with the little bit of fandom we have left.

Through bootlegs, we have a lot of the unreleased music.
Through the guitar company TJ MONSTER Guitars, most of us on the forum have our own quality Vinnie Vincent model guitars that cost us a small fraction of Vinnie's insulting price.

Vinnie continues to be a dick. He needs to GO AWAY.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Fullshed

Post by Fullshed »

THOUGHTS ?
Noooooooo!!!

Remember the owner or engineer of the studio in Nashville that he recorded this stuff has a copy of guitarmageddon in his hands...
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I don't believe that producer was allowed to have a copy. Seriously.

NEWBEGINNINGS