a nice, well done blog about Vinnie

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
ankh

a nice, well done blog about Vinnie

Post by ankh »

http://vinnievincentwebsite.blogspot.com
sorry if it was already posted, just stumbled upon on it today and i've thought it would have been nice to share.

Well written and a detailed story about the 70's.
Hope you enjoy it.
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: a nice, well done blog about Vinnie

Post by Genebaby »

Looks nice. I had a quick look at the Bio, it seemed a little off in the Warrior section?
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

ankh wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:37 pm http://vinnievincentwebsite.blogspot.com
sorry if it was already posted, just stumbled upon on it today and i've thought it would have been nice to share.

Well written and a detailed story about the 70's.
Hope you enjoy it.

Thanks for sharing! Always love to see stuff shared by actual Vinnie FANS!

Especially nice to see a bunch of those old pictures.
"This whole 'rotation' thing is absolutely meaningless and weird. It's most likely coming from label to save face" - DoubleV
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Vinnie played on Was Not Was album. Was Not Was also did a song with Ozzy Osbourne and Kim Basinger
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Bye Bye
ankh

Post by ankh »

doublev2 wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:22 am Vinnie played on Was Not Was album. Was Not Was also did a song with Ozzy Osbourne and Kim Basinger
hard to believe, but a certain miss Ciccone was on backing vocals on the track Ozzy sang...
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

There was guitar on that tracK????

That VV site is pretty old and still incorrectly states that Bob Kulick played on Creatures.

One thing is clear in the discography section is that Vinnie didn't play on any metal albums before KISS.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Yes as the producer of Creatures said, Vinnie was a melodic player and they had to get him to play heavier.

shramiac wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:56 pm There was guitar on that tracK????

That VV site is pretty old and still incorrectly states that Bob Kulick played on Creatures.

One thing is clear in the discography section is that Vinnie didn't play on any metal albums before KISS.
Bye Bye
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

shramiac wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:56 pm

Isn't is a great thing Vinnie hooked up with Adam Mitchel in 1981 and Adam got to hear those great Vinnie hard rock/metal songs Vinnie had penned.
"This whole 'rotation' thing is absolutely meaningless and weird. It's most likely coming from label to save face" - DoubleV
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

doublev2 wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:11 pm Yes as the producer of Creatures said, Vinnie was a melodic player and they had to get him to play heavier.

Ha ha Poor MJJ. His mind was already so gone. He also acts like Vinnie couldn't nail the solo on N4TI. Vinnie had aleady nailed it in 1982. And RD basically copies what Vinnie had done.
drmoorejr

Post by drmoorejr »

doublev2 wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:11 pm Yes as the producer of Creatures said, Vinnie was a melodic player and they had to get him to play heavier.

shramiac wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:56 pm There was guitar on that tracK????

I prefer melodic soloing any day over most of the 80's crap. At least Yngwie solo'd over the chords. I think Vinnie was doing this too and maybe Gene and Paul wanted soloing over a scale (likely a simple pentatonic), kinda like what much of the bands in the day were doing. Typically melodic solos use the chordal tones with lead voicings. "Too fancy" for Gene and Paul I guess.