Vinnie Vincent Invasion - 37 years ago today

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
strangeways
Location: United States of America (Greater Chicagoland area)

Vinnie Vincent Invasion - 37 years ago today

Post by strangeways »

On this day in 1986 (I think), Vinnie Vincent Invasion released the self-titled album.

Like a Tasmanian devil whirling toward vaginas and self-destruction, the guitarmageddon unleashed by ex-Kiss wackmobile Vincent on this solo debut is so stunning that I still have to play this album at least six times every year.

Right from track number one, you know what you’re getting: ‘Boys Are Gonna Rock’ has two and a half guitar solos. Singer Robert Fleischman screams about sadomasochism and ejaculations, but—for all practical purposes—this may as well be an instrumental album. At the conclusion of ‘Animal,’ Vincent plays faster and harder and faster and harder and faster and stupider and he’s going nowhere but he’s getting there fast and now your neighbors are banging on the wall and your bookcase speakers are starting to melt and your beagle is in obvious pain and suddenly you suspect that everything in your house is going to implode.

And then Vinnie collapses, and then you hear six seconds of reverb. And then the next song begins (with a guitar solo). It should be also noted that Invasion ultimately ends with 151 seconds of Vincent replicating a car alarm (or perhaps a grain elevator). This is rock ‘n’ roll. This is rock ‘n’ roll? This is rock ‘n’ roll!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fargo_Rock_City

I agree.
This album is greatness personified.
Attachments
ab67616d0000b273ea8400e14fdd30bda6c6274b.jpg
ab67616d0000b273ea8400e14fdd30bda6c6274b.jpg (142.2 KiB) Viewed 2475 times
"Stairway to the stars, I think I'll write good health to you." - Albert Bouchard / Richard Meltzer / Donald Roeser
"Vinnie Vincent saved Kiss. It's just too bad he couldn't save himself." - Me
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Vinnie Vincent Invasion - 37 years ago today

Post by Genebaby »

Ha Ha, I like that review. Happy Birthday to the VVI debut album!

37 years young and still sounding killer!
Commander in chief - VVF Army
pullitt

Re: Vinnie Vincent Invasion - 37 years ago today

Post by pullitt »

This album sounds rather mature for the 80s glam rock scene. The first time I heard it (and saw Fleischman), I thought..."Wall Street Metal". That's what I'm calling it still. The second album sounds much younger.