How Did Vinnie Make a Living When He Was "Missing?"

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
DQIC

How Did Vinnie Make a Living When He Was "Missing?"

Post by DQIC »

I don't expect he was making much residual money off of VVI. I've heard that his wife made decent money, although I don't know what she did.

Do you think her passing and the end of any money she made is what caused him to come out of hibernation?

For that matter, what is he doing for money now? There can't be much coming in from his merch sales, and he hasn't done enough appearances to bring in much.

Think he has a "regular" job?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: How Did Vinnie Make a Living When He Was "Missing?"

Post by Genebaby »

I don't think Vinnie has ever had a regular job and he would have been living off Diane for all those years, she did have money.

In fact it was Diane and her father who were at Vinnie's NAMM display, not Vinnie, as they paid for for display and Tom Palecki paid for the guitars he built for Vinnie. Vinnie was not there, but you could see pictures of Vinnie there, from the 80s.

So yeah, Diane financed Vinnie, but after she died it's less clear as we don't know the way things went once she was gone.

The two houses on the property they lived on were sold.

It makes you wonder doesn't it? How much Vinnie could give and do for the fans while making a good living and instead it's horror convention appearances, cancelled concerts, super secret private parties and now Creatures Fest.

So much potential and nothing to show for it but excuses by some parties.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

You could say "Only fans" as a joke but going on the fruitcakes he seems to attract....
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

For a time Vinnie was making public statements via a Youtube channel, so anything is possible. Maybe he's never thought of Onlyfans but now you've given him the idea?
DQIC

Re: How Did Vinnie Make a Living When He Was

Post by DQIC »

Genebaby wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:31 am I don't think Vinnie has ever had a regular job and he would have been living off Diane for all those years, she did have money.

In fact it was Diane and her father who were at Vinnie's NAMM display, not Vinnie, as they paid for for display and Tom Palecki paid for the guitars he built for Vinnie. Vinnie was not there, but you could see pictures of Vinnie there, from the 80s.

So yeah, Diane financed Vinnie, but after she died it's less clear as we don't know the way things went once she was gone.

The two houses on the property they lived on were sold.

It makes you wonder doesn't it? How much Vinnie could give and do for the fans while making a good living and instead it's horror convention appearances, cancelled concerts, super secret private parties and now Creatures Fest.

So much potential and nothing to show for it but excuses by some parties.
Thanks for the info.

So, I wonder if he got the funds from the sale of the houses and where he's living now. I assume elsewhere in Nashville.

He might have to get a real job if he continues on his current path. He honestly looks like a checker at my local grocery store.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Well, it's all been strange for over 39 years and continues to be so. Vinnie behaves like a prima donna who doesn't need the money but charges like a wounded bull , thus hurting sales.

He was asking for US$8000 for the guitars Tom made him, PLUS case. Zero NAMM sales.

Have a look at the website Vinnie Vincent.com (gifted to Vinnie by our member Dino) and have a look at the pricing.

The doublev guitars on there now are from China and the Rhoads are the cheapest Jackson repainted.

Then there is other stuff.
DQIC

Post by DQIC »

Yeah, his pricing is insane. He can't be selling much.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I saw Neil Davis I think it was had one of the new Chinese guitars, I have labelled them Chinnie Chincents, on his wall. I am hoping he got it direct from the Ali Express bootleggers for a few hundred rather than the few thousand Vinnie charges, but you never know.

I don't know of any one else who has bought one, but any sale would be good profits, just not reliable and consistant.

I have seen the pictures over the years of the very high quality Palecki guitars being sold one by one, for less than the $8k he was asking at NAMM but probably still many thousands, which was still all profit.

So there is sporadic money coming in at times, but a real constant income? It's hard to know.

Rumours were around that he was selling songs to publishing in Nashville back in the before Atlanta times, but that didn't seem to pan out. Though he still had Diane then, so hard to say how he makes ends meet these days considering how much he has lost to Paul and Gene in bad law suits etc.
DQIC

Post by DQIC »

I would guess that, aside from some old stock of some of the higher end guitars, he's probably buying them as orders come in and just signing them and shipping them out. I doubt he's got enough pull to have any kind of exclusive deal with any distributor or manufacturer. I used to run a music store and found that it's easy to get generic guitars, throw a water slide decal on it, do a setup, and have a "custom" guitar line pretty easily. (It was my store's brand, I didn't fake other brands. (I'm not saying Vinnie is, either.))

The difference is I sold them at standard mark-up and folks got a playable guitar for $200.
Last edited by DQIC on Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

That's the difference, yes!! We can all get these easily and cheaply ourselves, and they do come with the signature as well, Vinnie doesn't even have to do that!!
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Genebaby wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:39 am I have labelled them Chinnie Chincents,

Ahh hmmm! That was me...and I have the messages to prove it! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

But I stole from Chibson so, no prizes for me! :P :P :P
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
shramiac

Re: How Did Vinnie Make a Living When He Was

Post by shramiac »

DQIC wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:02 pm

So, I wonder if he got the funds from the sale of the houses and where he's living now. I assume elsewhere in Nashville.

The home on Woodland Trail & Forrest View Drive in Smyrna was foreclosed if I remember correctly? So what he got may not have been much? I don't know banking rules in the US.

Google Maps show the property has lost the big fence that surrounded the house, has been brought back to in line with the front of the house. Old gold Chev pickup and a very old caravan parked up outside. Yee Har!

Actually, if you use the timeline function on Google Earth, you can see a fence was put up between 2010 & 2011. Maybe this is where the bigger dogs used to live/exercise? Maybe that's where they got out and sadly attacked the small dogs? Of course, the whole "tupperware" story came from this, which everyone took in the worst possible light....not the real story that being winter, it was far too hard to dig graves for the poor things!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Oh yeah, it was foreclosed, and at least the big one was fully renovated inside. Was the fence only a few years old? It definitely was out of place in the area.
DQIC

Post by DQIC »

You folks sure know a lot about Vinnie.

The whole foreclosure thing is odd to me. Didn't the two houses sell at different times? That was kind of odd to me. It must have been a deal where the older/smaller house was original with the property and then they financed the newer home???

Yeah, the dog deal was odd. His story about it being too cold/hard to dig was plausible, but I also doubt Vinnie is the kind of guy to dig holes, no matter the conditions. The story really couldn't have been reported in any kind of manner that wasn't negative. Him putting them in totes was probably better than just leaving them on the ground. Any Vet has capability to cremate pets, but I bet they would have investigated him for abuse if he showed up with multiple dead dogs. He was in a position where he was going to be viewed negatively no matter what he did.
pullitt

Post by pullitt »

DQIC wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:45 am You folks sure know a lot about Vinnie.
Yeah, I bet there's enough info between the oldtimers here for an unauthorized biography!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Do I smell a book deal?
pullitt

Post by pullitt »

Genebaby wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:42 pm Do I smell a book deal?
Or a preemptive lawsuit with an NDA stapled to it ))
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

A lawsuit that is all bark and no bite?

We could do a book tour!!!

Imagine we wrote a book and toured it?!! We would be touring, whereas Vinnie isn't....I guess that's something for the Vinnie fans. No Vinnie, but you can come get your book signed by us.
pullitt

Post by pullitt »

When he "convention-raids" you at the stop in Nashvile, get creative and hide the books somewhere other than a bathroom stall.

I mean all jokes aside it's high time someone wrote a book on him without him participating in any way, because it would be the closest to the truth and more entertaining/engaging than anything he'd care to be a part of. Bobby's book came close, but having read it in two days I realized I didn't get that many insights into Vinnie's character or his story. It'd be relatively easy to do because Vinnie left an impression on all those he crossed paths with and many of them are still around and approachable. Some stories were purged from the internet, like a part of Fleishman's phone conversation with a Hungarian fan, I think, where Robert lays it all out regarding Guitarmageddon. Judging by the turnout at Creatures fest, there must be an audience for an unauthorized Vinnie book.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Oh it would be good to find that Robert interview. Do you really think it's lost for good? Surely it must be out there somewhere.

I take note of your bathroom stall comment, that's a good idea. First place Vinnie would look!
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

It's too bad Garth never covered "Back On The Streets" or any of Vinnie's other incredible songs.

They were recently at Martina McBride's Blackbird Studio. It would be amazing if she covered some of his songs or he wrote some new ones for her.
"This whole 'rotation' thing is absolutely meaningless and weird. It's most likely coming from label to save face" - DoubleV
pullitt

Post by pullitt »

Genebaby wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:56 am Oh it would be good to find that Robert interview. Do you really think it's lost for good? Surely it must be out there somewhere.
Apparently Robert asked the uploader to take it down and reposted the non-incriminating part of it on his own youtube channel. I mean I'm sure if someone really wanted to know, Robert's still out there, he knows what happened. All it would take is to just ask him.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

It sounds like he doesn't want to say it like he did? I feel he wouldn't repeat it if he was asked. Maybe his status as the one guy from the VVI days that Vinnie likes would be in jeopardy if it got out?
VVArchives

Post by VVArchives »

pullitt wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:44 pm
Genebaby wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:56 am Oh it would be good to find that Robert interview. Do you really think it's lost for good? Surely it must be out there somewhere.
Apparently Robert asked the uploader to take it down and reposted the non-incriminating part of it on his own youtube channel. I mean I'm sure if someone really wanted to know, Robert's still out there, he knows what happened. All it would take is to just ask him.
The problem with Robert is he is all over the place. I think he did too much drugs and it rotted away too many brain cells
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

It certainly seems the emotions of Atlanta have melted away in the meantime. I was looking forward to the June/July 2018 reunion show, and then Vinnie's Australian visit but sadly neither occurred and Robert seems to have moved on and things are as before.
ZachAttack

Post by ZachAttack »

He should still be getting at least some kind of royalties from Lick It Up alone. There was always a rumor that he was writing music for country music artists and TV show/radio jingles under pseudonyms which is why he loved in Nashville
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yes, there are those rumours about country stuff, and we know Vinnie can write good stuff in more than one genre.

I did think though that it was the last round of lawsuits against KISS, where Vinnie lost, and at the end of appeals etc it was decided that Paul and Gene would be paid what was owed through Vinnie's LIU royalties, as he had no other way to pay? Is that me remembering correctly?

This would have been mid 2010, basically kick starting this Forum into life after he shut down the old one when the bad news came out.