What will happen if Vinnie doesn't show up at Creatures Fest (and why)?

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
Tord13stalk

What will happen if Vinnie doesn't show up at Creatures Fest (and why)?

Post by Tord13stalk »

If Vinnie doesn't show up at Creatures Fest because of his fear of being filmed or any other reason, will the whole thing be cancelled or will it continue ? if the event continues without Vinnie will he then be replaced by another act (band or artist)?

Besides why would Vinnie agree to do this thing if cellphones will be allowed to film the concerts, since his own events have been very private with no cellphones allowed to film but only to take pictures?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: What will happen if Vinnie doesn't show up at Creatures Fest (and why)?

Post by Genebaby »

Those are good and valid questions for fans of Vinnie, who has not had the most stellar rep for being a musician of late.

When the Graceland shows were announced for 2018 they were going to be his biggest and first proper live performance in 30 years, and now we have the same situation coming up.

Should Vinnie cancel I am sure there is enough of a line-up to take the hit, and he even could get replaced, so should it happen I would say the event will continue.

Naming it Creatures Fest does put a big onus on Vinnie's performance though, and if he wasn't there, doing the Creatures themed show, it won't be a Creaturs Fest, just a regular concert event.

Unlike the Graceland shows we have not heard about the band Vinnie will be playing with, and by now hopefully rehearsing with. Issues with the vocalist and the fact that Vinnie didn't rehearse with the band as the event drew closer were harbingers for it being cancelled.

Full cancellation is unlikely, but hopefully Vinnie does play and it is as good as everyone is hoping. Time will tell and I'm excited to see and hear reports about what went down, but I wouldn't put my money on travel expenses to see Vinnie. The rest of the line-up, they are cool too and will rock the place. Remains to be seen if Vinnie does as well.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Mikelangelo

Post by Mikelangelo »

I hope Vinnie will do it!!!
strangeways
Location: United States of America (Greater Chicagoland area)

Post by strangeways »

See you all there.
After the total and complete debacle in Nashville a few years back I doubted I would ever pay to see Vinnie again (saw him on Creatures, Lick It Up and All Systems Go tours) but this fest has everything else one would need in case Vinnie does not appear.
"Stairway to the stars, I think I'll write good health to you." - Albert Bouchard / Richard Meltzer / Donald Roeser
"Vinnie Vincent saved Kiss. It's just too bad he couldn't save himself." - Me
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Great stuff, I hope you have a great time and it all goes well.
MissRaven

Post by MissRaven »

If he won't appear, he is burried alive. I hope in his age has more common sense than 30 years ago. I hope he will face his fear.
I have an advice: Just take your fricking guitar-wand, think about something funny and say Riddiculus. You can do it, Vinnie!
You fear of fear, that's wise of you Awk!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Well, from what we're hearing Vinnie has been rehearsing and the custom tank stage is being built, so it does look like All Systems Go!!!!!

Only have to wait until next month now to find out!
MissRaven

Post by MissRaven »

Genebaby wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:54 pm Well, from what we're hearing Vinnie has been rehearsing and the custom tank stage is being built, so it does look like All Systems Go!!!!!

Only have to wait until next month now to find out!
I would be happy for him and not felt much more mommy-teacher-like attitude towards him like: "hey kid you need to have your ass beaten and then rewrite 100 times phrase: "I won't screw up once again."
Even if he's 40 years older than me, I feel with him sometimes like 80yo granny walking the crowd saying: "hey son over there, what the heck are you doing?"
The same time I'd squeeeez him in my embrace tight and bad! saying him "You fricking rocknroll Nanny Vinnie I love ya okay! Don't worry, I'm somewhere over there hold my hand and I'll protect you 'kay?"

I don't know if you know that whole bunch of feelings...
You fear of fear, that's wise of you Awk!