Integrity Guitarist Domenic Romeo’s Top Five ’80s Metal Guitar Solos

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
Luxor

Integrity Guitarist Domenic Romeo’s Top Five ’80s Metal Guitar Solos

Post by Luxor »

I had not seen this before today. Just imagine if he had heard the original solo before lowlifes Dana Strum and Mark Slaughter f'd it up!

https://www.metalsucks.net/2017/08/10/i ... tar-solos/

Vinnie Vincent Invasion – “Ashes To Ashes”

This song gets me fired up every time. Vinnie Vincent’s style is so rude and unrestrained that it takes on a life of its own within the song. The track begins as a glossy yet sinister sounding ’80s hair metal track, but things really heat up when VV steps in for the solo. He takes you through a warped and frantic trip complete with emotional wailing, reckless shredding and a little neo-classical flair that uses volume fades to emulate a violin. Someone needs to locate Vinnie Vincent and put a guitar back in his hands ASAP! The world needs more.
"This whole 'rotation' thing is absolutely meaningless and weird. It's most likely coming from label to save face" - DoubleV
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Integrity Guitarist Domenic Romeo’s Top Five ’80s Metal Guitar Solos

Post by Genebaby »

Yes, there was even more there, which can be heard on the Metal Tech video.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Pretty cool. Nice that he had Sails of Charon there too. Uli Roth being Yngwie looooong before Yngwie! Not that I've listened to much of The Scorpions but to me, it's obvious Roth burned Michael Schenker's ass as a player. No comparison.

The three versions of the Ashes solos are here on my YT channel. Wow! Over 5000 views! I might have some sweet YT money! :P :P :P

Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Way to plug your own channel!!!

I have the In Trance Scorpions album, and it's ok, but something really changed when they got Matthias, though Michael Schenker was involved early on at that time too. Starting with Lovedrive it really went to a different level. Maybe more accessable? But it's that version of Scorps I REALLY like, though now I do want to listen to In Trance again. Though In Trance did not make me want to go and get more of their albums with Uli.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Vic,
You should listen to Tokyo Tapes for the best of Ulrich Roth with Scorpions. I like Mattias Jabs but Uli has a much larger vocabulary