Was Vinnie lurking on the internet in the 1990s?

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
Tord13stalk

Was Vinnie lurking on the internet in the 1990s?

Post by Tord13stalk »

Sorry for asking this since it's probably an old topic but i'm curious anyway.

Was there a previous Vinnie Vincent forum (before the "double v board" & "VVFF") called "Pyroh" or something, in the 1990's?
Was Vinnie involved in any way with that "Pyroh" forum? was he active there? meaning using diffirent aliases, communicating with fans, reading their comments and so on?. Were there other sites dedicated to thim during that period (1990's) where he was lurking? and if those sites disappeared was he behind it?

Like I said, sorry for asking this I know this may be an old topic but i like to find information about these things.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Was Vinnie lurking on the internet in the 1990s?

Post by Genebaby »

Yes, before this place and DoubleV there were two before, but my memory is hazy now. I remember when we moved to DoubleV, which is why I got this place started when I sensed trouble a few years later, when Vinnie was in charge.

As far as I know Vinnie was never involved with a Forum prior to his take over and control of DoubleV at the end. He was posting as several people on DoubleV, and one here, and he may have done the same on the prior forums, but we don't know and not sure anyone would remember. More than likely he was at least watching the activity.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

The first board was called Guitarmaggedon run by Roger and the second was called Pyromessiah run by Joe. There was an issue or scandal that caused Joe to shut the Pyromessiah Board down for fear of legal action. At that time Dino started the Double V Forum and later Vic started VV Forums
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Great memory Kev! Do we remembe why Roger stopped his board? Boredom perhaps?

I remember Joe's stopping all of a sudden. I was online and a minute later it was gone. Then we found out about Dino's board, which didn't used the greatest board software, but it was our home until Vinnie came along.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Yes, Basically Roger stopped updating and then closed Guitarmaggedon because of boredom and after the boredom set in he didn't want to cover the expense of the board if he was bored with it.