Why has Vinnie never really released a song where he himself sings?

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
Lord12starkl

Why has Vinnie never really released a song where he himself sings?

Post by Lord12starkl »

Vinnie has a good voice when you get to hear him on some of his demos, why did he never sing on any of his songs on Vinnie Vincent Invasion or even before in KISS?

Hirsh Gardner the drummer of the band "New England" (known for their minor/modest hit song "Don't ever wanna lose ya") who worked with Vinnie during the Warrior days, said that Vinnie had a great voice and that he told him that he should sing his own songs.

But Vinnie told Hirsh that he didn't wanna sing for some reason, maybe because he wasn't satisfied with his own voice or something. Even Eric Carr has said that Vinnie has a good voice, but Vinnie has never officially yet released something with he himself singing.

I think he sounded solid when he did a small performance on the atlanta kiss expo in 2018, he wasn't well prepared for the performance but he sounded all right in my opinion. Why the man won't sing lead vocals is weird to me especially when he has a good voice, in my opinion and for those who share the same thoughts.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Why has Vinnie never really released a song where he himself sings?

Post by Genebaby »

Vinnie has sung on some of his old demos, in the early 80's, obviously to at least get the song recorded etc. A lot of artists can sing yet are not down to actually be the singer.

During KISS there would not have been a solo singing opportunity, look at how things went with Eric? Though Vinnie did sing backing.

At least by the time he had left KISS and was seriously forming the Invasion he had a vision for the vocals that he could not meet. He wanted what he gave us, super high vocals over amazing guitar work. Which obviously meant getting in a singer who could do that.

Vinnie in the 80's was hell bent on OTT shredding and OTT vocals, and that's what he delivered.

These days of course, he coudl do that again, or take things back a notch and sing some stuff himself. It is up to him, always has been.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
tukoztukoz

Re: Why has Vinnie never really released a song where he himself sings?

Post by tukoztukoz »

He sang on a few songs with Treasure.

[bbvideo] [/bbvideo]
say two sky two say fare