KISS Biography

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
Genebaby
Site Admin

KISS Biography

Post by Genebaby »

Anybody else see the new KISS Doco?

So little time so so many things are compressed. Vinnie was quick, the pics and video they used look cool.

Mark whizzed by and even Bruce's time flashed by real quick.

I did see some new stuff, which was cool.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
VVArchives

Re: KISS Biography

Post by VVArchives »

They needed to hire a real documentary guy and not some Hallmark channel dude. It showed. It was what it was. It was Gene and Paul bashing Peter and Ace. At least they saved the majority of their rock throwing for the 2nd night).

They didn't tell what really happened to Eric Carr. Carrie Stevens was upset about it on twitter. But then she did a "Judas" to Eric when she lied about what happened in the "Eric Carr Story". Now when she's got a book to plug, she'll finally tell the truth. Carrie did a 2 hour interview with them and they didn't use any of it because it would make Gene and Paul look bad.

I thought they were very kind to Eric Singer and Tommy. I thought they kinda pissed on Bruce. None of his time in the band mattered until Revenge, they basically said.

MSJ got 2 seconds.

I thought it was funny, many are complaining online about all the screen time Vinnie got.

I thought it was bull ****, they acted like he was their "default choice". What a lie. They had auditioned hundreds. Flown in over 50 or more to audition in person. They could have picked anyone. And they certainly failed to mention, they recorded 6 of his songs for "Creatures" including the huge KISS anthem "I Love It Loud".

If anyone was a "default choice" it was Bruce. He failed the COTN audition and he was only picked because they had a tour and MSJ's hands were hurt.

They failed to mention Vinnie saving KISS. They failed to mention LIU was basically a Vinnie solo album.

Vinnie did get 3 of his songs played during the doc. Why they used Paul singing "I Still Love You" instead of "I Love It Loud", I don't know. They could have used both. Most of the footage they always show from Rio is them doing ILIL before 175,000 screaming people.

Then they got in Lick It Up

A Vinnie solo after that.

Then they go with Paul Stanley's lie about Vinnie going extra long on the solo in Long Beach. That has been Myth Busted numerous times. It was timed out around the same time Vinnie was doing it every night.

But it made Vinnie look great going off on Paul over it. Everyone other than Ace and Peter would just kiss their butts and Vinnie wasn't afraid to stand up to them. AP & V were the only 3 with a pair of balls.

They failed to mention it was Vinnie who went AWOL and Gene was desperately trying to get him back but Vinnie refused. Something confirmed by Hirsh.

Then the documentary pretty much rips and dismisses Animalize-Hits (as it should) and acts like KISS didn't put out another great album until Revenge. Of course, they didn't give any credit to Vinnie for this, even though without VV, there would have been no Revenge (at least in the heaviness it was).

But at least Vinnie got Unholy cranked up during that time period.

Just think if Gene and Paul would not have been so stupid and Vinnie had been there from Animalize-Hits. What KISS could have done during that time period. Instead, they cost themselves so many millions in lost album sales and tours they had to get opening acts that would help them fill seats. And even then that wasn't enough.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I didn't find it too one sided, as Gene and Paul admitted they had their faults and they used some clips and audio of Ace and Peter saying some things I didn't think they would use. And that's due to Ace and Peter not participating. They could have had their say, but it had to be told by previous interviews.

They failed to mention so much, but 3 hours is not enough time to do almost 50 years justice. The Elder era stumble was well done, showcasing their delusions while Ace was against it.

And again, admitting that Ace was back to his bad ways during the reunion because he was unhappy, so he was returning to type.

I personally don't think he or Peter should have been unhappy, but the shine of their second chance at fame and fortune eventually wore off.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

I enjoyed the show and agree that 50 years in 3 hours is hard
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

"Then they go with Paul Stanley's lie about Vinnie going extra long on the solo in Long Beach. That has been Myth Busted numerous times. It was timed out around the same time Vinnie was doing it every night."

Ace's pushed 10 mins in the late 70's/early 80's. 10 mins of noise!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(