Jackson VV in Thailand

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
n3p

Jackson VV in Thailand

Post by n3p »

I remember someone mentioning here years ago that there was a VV Jackson somewhere in Thailand... Hard Rock Pattaya maybe?

Anyone able to confirm? I'm currently in Thailand hiding from covid in the UK (dual citizen) and could pop in somewhere to take some snaps.

Thanks

Ps - hope you're all well!
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Slayer

Re: Jackson VV in Thailand

Post by Slayer »

I think Vic is the one who has seen this. It might have been a Rhoads though
n3p

Post by n3p »

Aye, you're right it is a rhoads. I have a friend who's knows an employee there who is going to check for me if its still with them.

Apparently if you're a hotel guest you can pay a $1000 deposit you can actually take museum instruments up to your bedroom to play. Sounded very odd to me, but then I remember that this is Thailand.

Will report back
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Hey, yes, I found out the Rhoads from the UK had been moved to Pattaya so I went to see it, it's all here somewhere. It's probably still there.

You can't touch it or move it, but I did get a ladder to take pics of it in it's case. After the UK it went back to the HR people to be put in a display case, a new policy to avoid damage, which sucked for me, but that's the way it is.

I think at most/many Hard Rock Hotels you can take a guitar up to your room, and they give you an effects unit and headphones, but it's a bunch of Fenders they have on a wall, NEVER a display piece. It's technically free I think, you just have to pay a decent deposit, less than $1000, to cover any damages etc.

I chose the best looking guitar with a humbucker they had, but it wasn't a great guitar/setup but it was still cool.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Ahem! You (Vic) found it???

T'was me, wasn't it? lol Probably the Oracle Dino found it after it was moved from Cardiff. But you've seen it up close, Vic ...bastard! :P

Hadn't heard about the "playing it in your room" fee but sounds dodgy to me. I had contacted the HRH to see if there was any way of buying it but they flat out refused to sell it. My sister's father-in-law lives in Pattaya, so I was going to get him to bring it back to Oz if he could.

Nick, please don't throw up when you see how it's mounted in its cabinet! :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :cry:

https://www.vvforums.com/viewtopic.php? ... ck#p124491
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Being music related the HRH chain let you play in your room, just after a deposit, it's not a fee unless you damage something.

I don't think anything in the Hard Rock company is for sale, they were all gifted to the company. How crazy is that, people giving up prized instruments to either gather dust in a cafe, hotel or warehouse.

You won't catch me gifting any of my guitars, lol.
Mikelangelo

Post by Mikelangelo »

I could try Jimi Hendrix's black/gold Gibson Flying V from 1970. Not sure if it's still in Hard Rock Cafe....
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Which one is it in?

The non Strat guitars Hendrix used are always interesting as he is so much associated with his Strat.
n3p

Post by n3p »

Bit of a thread revival, but on the way to Rayong I stopped by to check on this, and it's still there! No point in posting pics as it looks exactly the same. Couldn't convince the staff to take it out of its glass tomb either 😁
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Good to know it's still there. Those cases they put guitars in, or sometimes they are in a wall cavity display, are there to protect the guitars from the average punter, but they also unfortunately stop us with big interestes in having a really good look.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Protect from the punters but then they ram a tech screw into it to mount it on a bent bit of aluminium! :( :( :(
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yes, it's twisted HR policy logic!